• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald: 4th Gen Music

ipatix

Sound Expert
Years
Pokemon Emerald: DDPt Music

Introduction:

Hi everyone, welcome to my first huge music hacking project, the DDPt music project!
For now this is a Patch that contains almost all songs of Pokemon DDPt and sounds more or less like the original game.

Features:

• all of the DPPt instruments are ready to use
  • all songs are inserted (+night versions)
  • Polyphony support for up to 12 digital sound notes
  • less noisy sound code than the original games (the GBA games)
  • support for 14 tracks for each song instead of 10 (fanfares are still limited to 9)
Preview:

Of course it's useless to post any screenshots, but I have something to listen to ;-)

This video is the most up to date one and I recommend watching this the most:

Download and other informations:

Current German Version: 3.0:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x703l4ry6mnzmqv/DPPtMusic_EM_GER_V3_0.7z?dl=1
Current US (odd) Version: 3.0:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wodaiwtdf54x5lz/DPPtMusic_EM_US10_V3_0.7z?dl=1
Current US (regular) Version: 3.0:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o097u027795ddrp/DPPtMusic_EM_US11_V3_0.7z?dl=1

* Source package *
Warning: The conditions from the patches apply to using any of the source files too. So when using any of them give credits the same way as you would for the patches.
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2p3hewtlhv3wfc5/DPPtMusicBaseSrc.7z?dl=1

Info: I'm not sure if those different US Versions are actually official defined as 1.0 and 1.1. I just know that there is two different ROMs flying around on the internet and on of them as fewer sound bugs than the other and therefore I called it 1.1.
So if one of those US patches won't work because of checksum errors try out the other version.

If you want to use this patch as a base for your own hack, your free to use it but please give me credit for it and make it good visible so that even blind people will notice it.

All the songs that are implemented the patch are listed in here (out of date):
Code:
All numbers are decimal - NOT HEXADECIMAL

351 - Msytery Zone
353 - Wild Pokemon Defeat
354 - Gym Leader Deafeat
355 - Elite 4 Defeat
359 - Route 201 (day)
360 - Route 205 (day)
361 - Route 210 (day)
362 - Hearthome City (day)
363 - Sandgem Town (day)
364 - Gym
366 - Eterna Forest
374 - Opening
379 - Encounter Kid!
382 - Veilstone City (day)
393 - Contest - Easy
394 - Contest - Hard
398 - Canalave City (day)
399 - Jubilife City (day)
400 - Pokemon Center Type 1
401 - Route 203 (day)
402 - Route 209 (day)
405 - Twinleaf Town (day)
406 - Mt. Coronet
412 - Trainer Defeat
418 - Route 216 (day)
419 - Team Galactic Appears
422 - Pokemon League (day)
424 - Galactic Defeat
426 - Game Corner
427 - Solaceon Town (day)
429 - Inside the Pokemon League
430 - Team Galactic Hideout
432 - Oreburgh Mine
433 - Sunnyshore City (day)
436 - You're the Champ
437 - Eterna City (day)
438 - Oreburgh Gate (day)
450 - The Elite 4 Appear!
452 - Contest Hall
453 - Search for the Red Gyarados (TV program)
454 - Champion Cynthia
455 - Ending Credits
459 - Battle Points Earned
469 - The Battle Factory
471 - Frontier Brain Battle
474 - Wild Pokemon Battle
475 - Team Galactic Battle
476 - Trainer Battle
477 - Gym Leader Battle
478 - Champion Cynthia Battle
479 - Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf Battle
480 - Dialga and Palkia Battle
482 - Elite 4 Battle
483 - Galactic Boss Cyrus Battle
484 - Cynthia Defeat
491 - Oreburgh City (day)
503 - Route 206 (day)
512 - Floaroma Town (day)
519 - TV station
540 - GTC
544 - WiFi Plaza
545 - Route 225
546 - Distortion World
547 - Lake
548 - Valor Lakefront
551 - Giratina Battle
If you have suggestions for new songs there missing just let me know; I don't have much motivation for this project anymore and therefore it would be nice if you give me a little kick.

If you are looking for bugs please let me know about:

• songs with a very bad audio quality
  • annoying clicks
  • wrong song loops
  • other strange things you notice
Thanks for all your attention and have fun by using this patch ;-)

Last edited:
Years
This is a bit more of a ROM Base than anything else, really, but considering that it's considerably harder to insert music than general graphics, I'm allowing this thread to be posted here in the Sideshow Showcase, due to the general effort involved.

Years
Why german version Emerald сan't hacking?
1.A-trainer not open
2.A-Series not open
3.Sappy not open and 4.Pet not open
Why???

Years
ipatix ,sorry.I badly know speak english.My tool not working german emerald,what to make? And also you can help in that case with mine hack, I simply am not able to insert music.

ipatix

Sound Expert
Years
Well I can only help you to get Sappy run for it, because I don't have much knowledge about the A-Series.
As far as I know "Pet" is only compatible with US games, but A-Trainer IS working for me.

Please download my XML file for Sappy and there should be a lot more games compatible:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28573353/sappy.xml

Simply replace the old "sappy.xml".

Years
This working =D,thanks.and how to make what music to copy on another emerald with Voice Table.You're table begins with 1000000 and on normal emerald it doesn't approach.

ipatix

Sound Expert
Years
You could extend your Emerald ROM to 32MB and copy the voicetable and all the sample data (which is actually a little bit more than 1MB!) to your new game.
But because the data is not completely ordered into sections it would be hard to find all these samples (I think it's more than 100) and to repoint them.

But note this: I have a completely new version in planning that will be able to get linked to a location I wanna have it by changing only one parameter without having to repoint it all the data. So I'll probably able to make special versions for you and for any game I like by only a small anmount of work.

Years
I will wait your new for versions.You the best hacker in music, as music not high and not the low. Even music Battle Factory isn't broken.Mine Hack becomes on Sinnoh music also is urgently necessary but I can wait.

Years
How work moves ahead? Mine game is ready on a beta 1 but there are no these music.when it will be approximately ready?

ipatix

Sound Expert
Years
The thing is: I'm making a program to convert the songs directly from the DS SSEQ format to GBA assembly files instead of doing it all by hand. And I'm pretty slow with making programs and so you'll have to wait ~1 month.
The good side at this: It will take me all in all less time doing this and you'll probably have ALL songs, fanfares and soundeffects in the new base or probably some music of HG/SS or B/W, because it will take me only a few clicks to do this after I finished.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
LCCoolJ95, please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

ipatix, if you would ever like this thread to be reopened then just message ether myself or giradialkia.

Pikachu222

Hell Angel
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2017
Thank you so much for the effort of making a us version music rom! Really thanks!

Back