• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Arent World Championship cards worth quite a bit less than the regular one? Thats true for all ive seen.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
Being cased and graded adds to their value (only if they receive a PSA 8, 9, or 10 grade, though), but if you don't do it through PSA, most collectors will pay less than they would for a PSA graded one because PSA seems to be the only widely accepted grading agency for Pokemon cards (even though from a technical, gem mint standpoint, other grading agencies have more stringent standards for a 10 grade and should therefore have more sought-after grade 10 cards).

If you're confident they're in near mint or gem mint condition, definitely get them graded. I recommend PSA simply because of the value the collecting community places on their grades, but if you're not comfortable dealing with PSA, then feel free to use whatever grading agency you are comfortable with.

Thanks for the info! So lets just say both them come back a Grade of 9, what would they be worth?

Years
Arent World Championship cards worth quite a bit less than the regular one? Thats true for all ive seen.

That's because they're an easily obtained, non-playable print of a given card, and they're also not holofoil and don't count as part of a complete set for any set other than the particular World Championship deck they were included in. It's a little odd that ANYONE would buy the World Championship version for $70. I think that was someone trying to scam people out of their money by taking advantage of some naive collectors.

Thanks for the info! So lets just say both them come back a Grade of 9, what would they be worth?

For the Gold Star Delta Species Charizard, you could easily boost its value to between $200 and $300 (there's a bit of a lack of them available on the market right now, so not only do they have a "Charizard premium" tacked onto their price, the supply on the market is quite low!), but it could still go as low as $150 (while the range for a non-graded one is currently a widely erratic $50 to $120 range, similar to what liljz mentioned above).

As for the Gold Star Delta Species Mew: its value gets boosted from the $35 to $55 range for the ungraded one to upwards of $100 for a highly graded one, falling somewhere in the $100 to $150 range currently (probably due to a lack of supply presently on the market).

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
Thanks for all the advice, you guys have been most helpful. I know that there is no selling on these forums but is it possible that any one could direct me towards a pokemon card selling forum? I don't want to sell them to a corporation, I want them to go to some one who will appreciate them.
Thanks again!

Years
Sorry for the late response, I have been busy with work. I do not understand what you meant by that, so I took a picture of it, and going to attach it to here until you can give me a response. After you do, feel free to remove the attachment or let me know and I'll do it :)
View attachment 68201

That's a shadowed Machamp and it is worth $1 to $3.

That version of Machamp is very common because of every printing of the Starter Deck included one.

Years
That's a shadowed Machamp and it is worth $1 to $3.

That version of Machamp is very common because of every printing of the Starter Deck included one.

Ah okay, thank you very much. I have another couple cards if you don't mind :)

Promo Mew #151 50 hp
Poliwrath Base set(no set symbol, right?) 13/102 90 hp. Set 2 as well, 15/130
Rockets Mewtwo 14/132
Gyarados 6/102 100 hp Base Set(No set symbol)

Years
Ah okay, thank you very much. I have another couple cards if you don't mind :)

Promo Mew #151 50 hp
Poliwrath Base set(no set symbol, right?) 13/102 90 hp. Set 2 as well, 15/130
Rockets Mewtwo 14/132
Gyarados 6/102 100 hp Base Set(No set symbol)

Base Set 2 Poliwrath: $1 to $3.

For Mew, the Base Set Poliwrath, and Gyarados, I'll probably need pictures to ascertain certain details so I can identify them.

For Rocket's Mewtwo, is it 1st edition?

Years
Base Set 2 Poliwrath: $1 to $3.

For Mew, the Base Set Poliwrath, and Gyarados, I'll probably need pictures to ascertain certain details so I can identify them.

For Rocket's Mewtwo, is it 1st edition?

Here are the pictures you requested. And the Mewtwo is not 1st edition, sadly. And I want to thank you for taking the time do this for everyone who needs prices. I do appreciate all your time you put forward to do this, thank you.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for all the advice, you guys have been most helpful. I know that there is no selling on these forums but is it possible that any one could direct me towards a pokemon card selling forum? I don't want to sell them to a corporation, I want them to go to some one who will appreciate them.
Thanks again!

You could try the place in my signature. Not guaranteeing anything though. Those are some expensive cards you got there.

I was wondering about Genesect EX and Palkia EX? And maybe a graded Rocket's Zapdos? I plan on getting mine graded, along with my full art Latias, since it is nearly mint, if not mint. Its a really nice card.

Years
Thank you again for the prices! Here are a couple more :)

Nidoking 11/102 Base set
Blaine's Moltres 1/132
Venusaur, 15/102 Base set
Victreebel 14/64 Base set

Thank you again, you have helped me a lot!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Nidoking: 3$ & 25$ if it's 1st ed.

Blaine's Moltres: 5$

Venusaur: 17$ & 60$ if 1st ed.

Victreebel: 3$

Of course if they're mint or near mint, they'll cost more.

Years
Nidoking: 3$ & 25$ if it's 1st ed.

Blaine's Moltres: 5$

Venusaur: 17$ & 60$ if 1st ed.

Victreebel: 3$

Of course if they're mint or near mint, they'll cost more.

None of them are 1st edition, sadly, but they are M/NM condition.
Thank you guys for all the help, I do appreciate it :)

Here are a couple more :)

Koga's Beedrill 9/132
Mewtwo (Base set) 10/102
Dark Gyarados 8/82
Giovanni's Persian 8/132

Years
Take your time, donavannj! Also, if you are tired of pricing my cards, let me know what you use besides E-bay, so I won't be bugging you all the time :P

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Plasma Freeze Garbodor 119/116

I know it's probably early to ask how much the card is worth, since the set isn't out, but I figured you guys could at least give me a rough estimate based on the value of other Secret Rare cards currently available.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Most secret rares, besides Charizard and blastoise, seem to fall between 10 and 22-25 dollars. I know Zoroark is around 17 bucks right now, hydeigon is at about 15 or so. So somewhere around there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2013
Hi,

I know I'm about to break all the rules – asking for the prices of sets instead of individual cards, and asking for the price of more the 4 things at once – so if you don't want to price these, I completely understand!

Just in case you are willing to though (and I'm more than happy to wait patiently if you feel like you need a while to price them; I'm in no particular rush to find out!) I'll leave a list of my sets, all complete and in nm/m condition i.e. the majority are mint, with maybe 20% having minor imperfections:

Base (unlimited)
Jungle (unlimited)
Fossil (unlimited)
Rocket (unlimited, 84/83)
Gym Heroes (unlimited with 1st ed. Moltres as if that makes a difference . . .)
Gym Challenge (unlimited with 1st ed. Gyarados and Charmeleon)
WOTC Black Star Promos (53/53 with Ancient Mew as well)
Southern Island (in a Southern Island folder with the six postcards - such a pretty set!)
Best of Game (all with winner stamp apart from Prof. Elm who I understand is not available with a winner stamp?)
Gold W Stamp
A set of holo energy cards with the same design as the base set energies (not sure what to call this!)

I also have most of the original Prerelease cards (Misty's Seadra, Dark Gyarados, Aerodactyl [gold and brown stamp]), but I guess these are fairly worthless without the Clefable!

As you can see, I'm a bit of an old school fan :D Anyway, I realise I'm breaking all the rules here (and I've probably written too much too . . . ) so if I've overstepped the mark feel free to tell me where to go! But if you do somehow manage to find the time, thank you so much in advance! You do such a superb job!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back