• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bravely Default

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yeah, it doesn't matter so much for the demo (and I maxed each job, each character mastering a few each in the demo anyway (i.e. only to level 4 - in the actual game it goes up to 14) - just swap and change and get the general gist of what they do. Verdure has it right though on what tends to suit each character. In the actual game, you get jobs gradually as you go through the story and start off with the default one.

And yes, the demo starts hard. 'Oh hi start off with random encounters with snakes that can poison you yay'.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I played the demo and thought it was boring. A lot of the game looked nice. I didn't connect much to the characters.

The Brave/Default system made more sense when I wandered into a Higher level dungeon and got my butt kicked. That was cool! Otherwise, you just Brave 16 attacks in a row, and then move on.

I used to play game like this exclusively. But this one didn't do much for me in the Demo.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I played the demo and thought it was boring. A lot of the game looked nice. I didn't connect much to the characters.
The demo doesn't give you much at all about the characters. They save any actual plot and characterisation/development for the game itself. Rest assured that's not an issue to worry about.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I just played the demo for it and I love it, the music, the art and how battles look. I will probably buy it next.

Years
Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies Demo

It's been two days since it came out in E-Shop. How do you like the game so far? Overall, the gameplay mechanic is awesome. Although the brave and default mechanic is a little bit confusing for first timer and I do anticipate the release of the full version.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
There's a thread already on BD including discussion on the demo. I'll just merge this thread of yours with that one.

Years
I'm just wondering though, will the progress in the village (etc: shop level, road expansion) be transferred into the full version?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
No, the village progress itself won't (although fully completing it in the demo, i.e. all shops up to level 4, gets you an item bonus for the actual game). The population you have in the village will pass over though.

For comparison, there's maybe 3 times the number of shops in the full game (or, well, imagine the rest of the map with shops), and they can go up to level 11.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Not surprised about it, don't care much about it either (one of them doesn't quite match the way it's described in the game, but eh). I like how they did that with fire emblem too, by putting in a curtain around someone's (clothed) butt. Which just made it seem more 'frisky' than what it was.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I beat that succubus boss. Now that I have a few nice abilities on my characters the game looks a bit cooler. (like Two-handed stance + Jump attack)

I have a lot of games from Christmas, I might wait and pick this one up used.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I just downloaded the demo and started playing. Seems ok so far, imps were scary for the first few battles though.

Unfortunately the full game is too expensive for me. At £40 it's £10 too much >< best price I can see is still £35~.

I'll keep enjoying the demo for now!

Crimson Majestic

Crown Royale
Years
By the way, guys, how do you feel about about the whole "Censorship in the West" debacle?
It is unfortunate to see Nintendo stoop so low to censor content---not that I am entirely surprised. However, it will not stop me from purchasing the full version of the game. In fact, I have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered at my local Gamestop.

As for the Demo, I have already beaten it. All my shops in the Norende village are maxed out, obtained all play bonuses, and all my characters are max character level & max job level. I just did not go out of my way to purchase four Hermes Sandals and four Venture Badges.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Already have it rented as of Gamefly. Hopefully I get it later next week since it releases I think on Thursday in NA. Looking forward to it, I've been excited for this game since December. I'm renting instead of buying, because after I beat the game there doesn't seem like there is much to do after.

Years
Super excited for this game to come out this week! :D I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon because the local EBGames all ran out of the limited/collector's editions ;___; Stickler for collector's editions and the artbooks :B I'm hoping that it will be here this Friday or early next week~

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Bravely Default is now released in NA!

Bravely_Default_US_Art.jpg

I hope that you guys will enjoy it; especially the music! So amazinggggg <3

Yukari

As Aura Blackquill stated, It was released today. But I don't have it. :(
yet...

Years
Thankfully Amazon is good with their shipping so I will be getting my copy Monday! :D Probably the worst time to release a game for me because of assignments and midterms ;__; Nonetheless, I intend to spend lots of time next week playing~

Back