• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

but there's nothing there I can have

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Don't you hate it when you go out for something to eat for dinner and there is nothing on the menu you can have due to allergys.

this happened on monday- we went out fo dinner and there was nothing on the menu I could have. I was shouted at because they thought I was being fussy eater, but I have allergys, and didn't have my prition with me.

They ordered me a burger and it came with mayo ( allergy to eggs)
and they forced it down my throat and I broke out in hives.

don't you hate this too ?

Zet

Years
I certainly hope you're going to sue them for doing such a thing to you.

But in any case nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I only know that I'm allergic to penicillin and I'm not sure if there's anything else I'm allergic to.

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
Years
I dont have food allergys but my girlfriend does and I know what you mean . People get angry when you have to order things that may seem to be fussy but they dont understand :(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
That is precisely the reason I cannot eat at any Italian, Mexican, or Chinese/Japanese restaurants... the triple whammy of dairy, egg, and peanut allergies pretty much eliminates all my choices there.

I have to be very careful to ask if any of those "big three" are in my food... Peanut oil and egg rolls are increasingly common around my area. It's extremely frustrating when you're looking forward to a nice meal out and you can't get anything because you're allergic to everything:/

Lucent

✿ border of life
Years
If there's nothing on the menu that satisfies me, it's usually because I'm picky, not because of allergies (I don't have any food ones, so yeah ._.).

In such cases I just order something that might be somewhat decent, and if there's anything I want off of it/in place of some other topping/whatever, I'll let them know. Like if I want a turkey sub from a sub place, and it already has set toppings, say turkey, cheese, mayo, alfalfa, tomato, and lettuce, I'll ask for one without the alfalfa and lettuce.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
I don't have allergies. I won't eat something out unless it is chicken or steak or hot dogs that are good. For example:

McDonalds: Chicken Nuggets
Lone Star: Steak Medalions
Five Guys: Hot dog
Steak n Shake: Chicken tenders(OCASSIONALY the jr. steak burger)

Get it? XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I used to break out in a rash when I ate oranges and peanuts but I grew out of those allergies I guess. Now, I have no food allergies. But I do need to get a shot whenever a mosquito bites me.

So, no. I do not hate that, as it doesn't happen to me.

Adrenalyn

this wild life...this freedom
Years
Yeah, I did hate that. I'm allergic to dairy, eggs and other stupid stuff, plus I don't eat meat by choice so...I started telling the ppl at restaurants I was a vegan and it was amazing how helpful they became. Sometimes they even cook me special meals, it's so awesome and no longer a pain.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
I'm very thankful that I'm not allergic to anything... except penicillin.. but i can eat anything at restaurants.
but i hate McDonald's very much. their food makes me sick :/

Bay

Years
I work at my uni's dorm restaurant and because how a lot of people are vegan or have some sort of food allergy like nuts, so the cooks would prepare a few special menus. During training I have to remember the different types of allergies.

Anyways, I have no food allergies, but I tend to be a picky either so most of the time I would order a few same things if I go to the same restaurant. XD There are times though I would try something new if I get bored of the old stuff. Half the time I will like the food, half the time I won't. XD

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
I don't have much in the way of allergens, however, I am a vegetarian, so when my carnivorous family goes out, I can never really have anything but salad...which gets sooo boring after awhile.

Medli

I am Error.
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
No allergies to food, thank goodness. I love my food. However, I'm a vegetarian, which makes eating out a little annoying. I also feel bad whenever I go to my friends' houses and their parents cook dinner or take us out or whatever, and I tell them I dont want to eat meat.

Luckily, I don't eat out very frequently, so this doesn't happen that often. But, it's extremely annoying if you go on vacations and you end up eating out every night. Like, last December. I went on a trip with my school to Florida. Of course, we stopped along the way at every fast food place imaginable. I really hate eating at places at McDonalds, Burger King, etc., so that already annoyed me (the only "fast food" place I go to frequently is Panera Bread). Then we ended up stopping at Chick Fil' A, so I couldn't eat anything at all.

I'm a picky eater. No meat. No fast food (I don't trust them. Lol). That's why I always bring food with me. I always have at least two protein bars and crackers in my purse. Hahaha.

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
So yesterday we all when to my gran 80's birthday dinner, and when we sat down and look at the menu there was nothing on the menu I an my four year old nephew could have. there was a 2 year old step cousin there..her mother asked for a children menu for her and the man said " it's just smaller portions of what is on the menu"
at least she had something from her mother and sister plates...while me and my nephew had to starve.

all because my aunt did the hole party... and she shouted at me
" KERRI stop being fussy and order something"

fish- makes my throat close up
steak pie- egg allergy
chicken- only chicken I can eat is from KFC

and on to drink

tea- milk allergy ?
coffee- can't makes me hyper
coke- the put oranges init allergy to citrus

so my aunt said to my mum

" your daughter is soo fussy " my said

" LOOK KERRI HAS LOTS OF ALLERGYS AND SO DOES ETHAN"

that shut her up..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I dont have food allergys but my girlfriend does and I know what you mean . People get angry when you have to order things that may seem to be fussy but they dont understand :(
Sorry, just have to make a comment on this statement. Not trying to call you out or anything -- but something tells me you don't have a job that deals with people all day. I've realized, from my job dealing with customers just one day a week how incredibly picky, persistent, and annoying they can be. Especially when they make specific requests. It's okay in the beginning of your shift. You don't think much of it... but when seventeen other people in just four hours of you working make a request for something it gets rather tedious to have to deal with and most of them don't say the reason why they're making the request in the first place unless they deal with these kinds of things themselves.

I always apologize for the employee I'm making the specifications for because I know what it's like to deal with those types of people who do do it because they are fussy and incredibly picky. I mean, not trying to drift off topic, but I was working on my shift one night and some guy comes up to me and asks me to find a magazine for him. My manager was standing right next to me at the time, so I had no choice but to help him out... but then he walks away. Hell no. I'm here to help you out, not do things for you. So I walked away as well back to what I was doing - preparing for the district manager's visit, which determines the store status in the state.

Anyway, to answer the question... I don't have food allergies, so I don't know what it's like. It's been a while since I actually ate out, as well.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I wouldn't know how you particularly feel(since I don't remember having any allergies), but it does get annoying when there is nothing good to order.

It's been a while since I actually ate out, as well.
I lol'd at this.
I'm a sick person. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
" your daughter is soo fussy "
Judging from how she constantly made comments about it all night it seems, your aunt sounds like a fussy person herself. She really shouldn't be judging you for something she should have known about you in the first place. You know, you having food allergies and all that.

I lol'd at this.
I'm a sick person. :(
How inappropriate of you.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
I don't have food allergies, but as a vegetarian, choice is pretty slim, too. Most main restaurants seem to think "Spicy bean burger" is good enough for all veggies. But I'm seriously sensitive to spicy food, so I can't have that. It just ruins trips out when I'm sat in a corner eating garlic bread...

Same goes for school cafeteria. They offer a vegetarian choice maybe every three days? And then it's just something with vegetables, and they leave off the meat. :/

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
The only type of food I am allergic to that I know of is coconut. I really hate that since my mom makes really yummy coconut cookies but I can't eat any. :( Other than that, I haven't really had a problem with eating out or being allergic to anything.

Pizza does make me sick though.. I don't know why but I always tend to get sick after eating it. The only pizza that doesn't make me ill is Pizza Hut. o.o

Back