• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Salamence is waaaay better than Altaria, but it takes a loooong time to find a Bagon. If you think it's worth... The same comments I made for Altaria go for Salamence too.

Yes, Hariyama is a good substitute for Machamp! Too bad he doesn't have Cross Chop... Either Brick Break or Focus Punch to pick, I myself prefer Brick Break.

Years
As long as you don't waste your precious TMs on it... It won't be a problem if you know how to breed , though.

If I recall correctly, you'll need Waterfall to reach the area where Bagon is. It means you'll also need the last badge, that's why it takes so long...

Years
Shininess is related to the RNG of the game, the Random Number Generatior. It's like a random cronometer (does it make sense? xD) that defines the IV's, Natures and if the Pokemon is shiny or not. Though there are ways to manipulate it to your favor, there are no input commands that control it, like pressing the D-pad or holding buttons like you said.

You just got really lucky.. enjoy your new shinies ^^

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
You can't do what I describe to chain in emerald? If I'm not mistaken fighting the same pokemon again and again in the same patches of grass in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum increases your chances of getting a shiny.

Years
As far as I know, in D/P/P it's a ingame feature to create chains. There is no such thing in Gen III, it was just a coincidence ^^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nah, you just got really lucky. There's no way to increase the chance of finding shinies in Emerald, I'm afraid, unless you count RNG. But 3rd gen RNG is the hardest to do. Congrats on the back to back shinies though! That in itself should be a triumph. No one has that happen to them very often. :)

Mackenzie

Say Somethin'!
Years
also, concerning rng, it's is said to be impossible to rng on fire red and leaf green unless you use an emulator. If i recall correctly, this is due to the instance of the seed changing each time.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 30, 2013
Good EV Training spots?

Are there any good spots for EV training? Since this is emerald I believe there's no power anklet or whatsoever except macho brace so any good ev pokemon giving out 2 points or more for each stats? :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spinda for special attack, Tentacool for special defense, Zubat for speed, Aron/Geodude for defense, Poochyena for attack, Whismur for HP. RSE was generous enough to have places in the game where these Pokemon are very prevalent.

Anyway, all the Pokemon I listed give 1 point in their respective EV stat for the EVs, but it'll be 2 with the Macho Brace. You can find more about the Pokemon that give what EVs and how many points by checking the FAQ.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
Game is Emerald.

I went to the Department store in Lillyclove and brought a Pichu and Pikachu doll for a mat or table. The person said she will send it to my PC at home but I went back home and checked my PC and only my items I stored from my bag are in there, same with the PC in the Pokémon center.

Where is the doll hiding?

Thank you.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Did you check every option on your home PC? Been a long time since I've put a plushie in my room in RSE, but I'm fairly sure it's under a different option and not under items. Maybe it's labeled decorations? I know that when you boot up your PC in your secret base, they should be there under decorations.

nitemate

Don't play Pokemon anymore ...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
the decor items that you buy in R/S/E can't be seen in normal PC (in Pokemon Center) . Firstly u have to make a secret base (I hope u know where and how ). Then u go into the room and open the PC. The first option u will see there will b "DECORATIONS". There u could find ur decor items. The only other place, other than secret base, that I know, where u can find these items is your room in Littleroot town

Years
Pikachu's Strongest Attacks

In FR/LG, what are Pikachus strongest Electric and Normal type moves? i am struggling with the Elite Four when i try to use Pikachu because Thunderbolt is the only Electric move it has right now, and it isnt a strong enough move to take out Loreli's Pokemon in one or two hits. Any suggestions for moves i should teach my Pikachu?

Its current move-set is Thunderbolt, Return, Dig, and Rock Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back