• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Not THIS part again!

Nakala Pri

What was the hardest Pokemon experience you ever had? Whether it was searching for a shiny or trying to get past a forest or even a mountain. :3

Share your hardest moments here! ^^

(also, if this is a violation of some sort, then move/delete/gimme an infraction, I have so many, what's one more to the list?) xD

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I personally thinking finding Eevee in the grassy areas in Castelia City is so hard that I was taking too many attempts to find one (not to mention that I have to go across the sewer to get into that area), except if I'm lucky enough. And another hard stuff for me was when I was battling one of the Game Freak officer's Alomomola with its Wish, Protect and Toxic strategy.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I remember participating in a similar topic before, but eh, what the heck. For me, it was catching my first chansey and scyther in gen1 safari zone. Before that, it was Zapdos, whom i thought to be the hardest legendary to catch back then. Moltres was easy as pie.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
Searching for Team Aqua's hideout in emerald. The one underwater. I had found the cave, but I hadn't realized that I could emerge on the surface and kept searching all over the map for days.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
This is embarrassing, but I was underleveled on my first Emerald playthrough and Tate and Liza kept beating me. I also lost all my money because I lost to the Elite Four too many times, so I had to keep fighting them over and over with no items just to level up.

And even when I wasn't underleveled, on my other playthroughs, ugh... Juan's Kingdra...

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
It used to be Rock Tunnel for me. No flash, tons of trainers and wild Pokemon, it was terrible. That was definitely the part of every Gen. 1 game that I detested.

Years
In Pokémon Yellow, Red, or Blue (can't remember which version) I went through Rock Tunnel without having Flash. By the time I made it out, most of the Pokémon on my team had fainted.

Going through caves, there's always a ton of Zubats, and Geodudes.

Last edited:

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
Whitney's Miltank. THAT THING OMG IT JUST WOULDN'T DIE T.T
It's like the Johto gym leaders wanted to make up for having severely under-leveled Pokémon by having a wall in every single gym leader's party. There was that Miltank, and also Chuck's Poliwrath. Another pain in the ass was Red's Snorlax.

Thanks to Pokémon Silver, I have always hated Normal-type walls.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Whitney's Miltank. THAT THING OMG IT JUST WOULDN'T DIE T.T
It's like the Johto gym leaders wanted to make up for having severely under-leveled Pokémon by having a wall in every single gym leader's party. There was that Miltank, and also Chuck's Poliwrath. Another pain in the ass was Red's Snorlax.

Thanks to Pokémon Silver, I have always hated Normal-type walls.

lol, I think that thing gave everyone a hard time back then. The crazy part is that the game almost hands you a Machop beforehand, and you could catch rock types in Union Cave, which is not all that long before Goldenrod City. But did we do that our first time around? Nope. And that's why you, me, and a lotta other people had such a hard time with Whitney's freakin' Miltank.

But to contribute to the topic, one of the hardest things I remember doing in Pokemon was catching Ho-oh in Sliver. Thing just would not go in the damn balls. I had to restart several times because I either ran outta balls, or the battle went on so long it Struggled itself to death.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I find shiny chaining to be always hard. While you're doing it, you always have to watch your footsteps and be very careful to not break the chain. Once it's broken, you'd have to do start the process all over again from beginning. In my opinion, it's quite upsetting. d: Chain fishing is pretty tough, too, and it could be broken more easily than shiny chaining. The difficulty of it could be lowered a bit, though, if you have a Pokémon with Suction Cups as the lead member of your party.

zygardian harbinger

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 4, 2017
Psh I remember as a kid when I was trying to catch Articuno on my Pokemon FireRed, I failed sooo many times.... ugh I can't tell you how many times I reset the game before I caught it, and then I barely finished saving before it ran out of battery. I was so close to losing it, it was scary T-T

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I've always hated ice puzzles. It's tricky figuring out which direction to slide. In X/Y, I had to slide diagonally to get to the places I needed to get too as well.

Back