• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite & least favourite Pokemon of the 5th Gen?

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
I was seriously disappointed with the majority of Gen 5 Pokemon when they were first released, but over time a lot of them grew on me. It still isn't really my favorite as far as designs, but I have a lot of favorites.

Favorites: Oshawott family (esp Dewott), Blitzle family, Roggenrola and Gigalith (don't much like Boldore), Sawk, Throh, Sandile family, Scraggy, Archeops, Zoroark, Joltik family, Haxorus, Braviary, Mandibuzz, Heatmor, Deino family, Reshiram, Cobalion

Least Favorites: Elemental monkeys, Woobat, Timburr and Gurdurr, Tympole family, Darumaka family, Maractus, Trubbish family, Gothita family, Vanillite family, Amoongus, Frillish family, Klink family

So yeah. At first I was going to get Tepig, when only the the first starter forms had been revealed, but once the other evolutions came out I felt disappointed with Tepig's line and loved Oshawott's (even though Oshawott was my least favorite at first!). Since then, Tepig's evolutions have grown on me and I will probably choose them for Black 2. I like Snivy too, but I just feel so turned off by him due to the people who obsessed over him x_x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
My favorite should be obvious. :'D
Jellicent is amazing. Both genders have great designs, it's bulky by nature, has a nifty movepool, and it's a water type. That make everything better.

My LEAST favorite would have to Zoroark. Design is terrible, it has terrible hair, lack-luster movepool, sub-par stats; it's just bad.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Just like Volitia Queen said there was some disaponting pokemon( IM LOOKING AT YOU TRASH BAG) but i have gotton used to these pokemon

FAVORITE:

Chandelure- THAT CRY,DESIGN,AND MOVESET HAD ME SCREAMING LIKE A LITTLE FANGIRL

Annoying Little Female Dog

Cryogonal- now why would the creators create a GIANT CRYING SNOWFLAKE it has a competitive edge but still WHY!!! THE IDEA IS JUST DUMB

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
My favorite Gen V Pokemon is Excadrill. It's hard to believe that a 2-foot tall Pokemon would have a massive 135 Attack. Under Sandstorm, courtesy of Sand Rush, it can outspeed and KO almost anything in sight.

I don't really like Garbodor. Its movepool sucks and it's ugly (no offense to Timbjerr of course).

GoombaGeek

what does this box do
Years
I hate Lillipup.

In every way.

It's like a generic rat but a dog instead and I don't like dogs. Even Pickup cannot save it (in my view anyway).

Like, even Patrat is cooler than Lillipup. Stupid Lillipup. (At least its evolutions are less annoying-looking.)

RoosterHat

Bumbling Slowpoke King
Years
Hmm, I was pretty happy with Gen V for the most part, and my favorite Pokemon were probably the Elgyem and Golette's families, with my least favorite being Stunfisk. It's just so ugly... *shiver*

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
My fave Pokemon is Oshawott, it evolves into an incredible starter pokemon in Gen 5.
My least fave is Klink and Alomomola, Klink's evolutions are simple especially the final form were they combine the 1st and 2nd form and Alomomola's design is exactly the same design of Luvdisc, but with added fins on the top and bottom.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
My Favorite so far is Zekrom , i dont dislike any of then
I wonder why bidoof is so hated

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Excadrill, Volcarona, Reuniclus, and Cobalion are boss.

Watchog, (and some others I can't remember their names >_>) sucks.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
My Favorite so far is Zekrom , i dont dislike any of then
I wonder why bidoof is so hated

NObody likes Bidoof because his deign is bad, his stats are horrible, and he is only good for an HM Mule.

My favourite new Pokemon was Zoroark. Awesome Ability, cool design, decent stats, and overall awesomeness.

I wasn't really fond of the starters when I first saw em. But they grew on me. Especially Snivy.

Oh yeah I WILL HATE PURRLOIN FOREVER! Horrible stats, boring design, unusable in battle, shallow movepool! It screams terrible. DEATH TO PUURLOINS.

The ironic thing is that I have a Shiny Liepard...

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2021
Hydreigon is one of the coolest Gen V pokemon has ever produced. While garbodor looks kinda....oh well :)

VioletRain

Eevee Trainer.
Years
Cobalion and Lilligant were my favourites to use. I adored the designs and movepools of both. My beloved Lilligant will always have a special place in my heart. xD

Also, being an avid collector of all things cute, I fell in love with Minccino.

I really hated Pidove and its evolutions, though. They were bland and generally awful. :(

Years
Favourite:
628.gif

Look at how awesome it is. This bird is just a bad ass!

Most hated:
593_f.gif

I think this just looks stupid! :(​

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
NObody likes Bidoof because his deign is bad, his stats are horrible, and he is only good for an HM Mule.

My favourite new Pokemon was Zoroark. Awesome Ability, cool design, decent stats, and overall awesomeness.

I wasn't really fond of the starters when I first saw em. But they grew on me. Especially Snivy.

Oh yeah I WILL HATE PURRLOIN FOREVER! Horrible stats, boring design, unusable in battle, shallow movepool! It screams terrible. DEATH TO PUURLOINS.

The ironic thing is that I have a Shiny Liepard...

Design wise there are worse , every pokemon has its usefulness even if its stats suck

Back