• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews Brainstorming & Discussion Thread

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
If you can get the viewers' interest, then you can LP any game you want. Yes, you'll have the built-in audience for Pokemon LPs because you're posting to a Pokemon forum. That doesn't mean that you, or anyone, should limit themselves to just Pokemon LPs. It just means that it might be a little more difficult to get views/comments.

Pfft I've Let's Played Pokemon in the past and about 20 episodes in I can't get more then 10 views per video. So YOU LIE.

I'd actually recommend doing a different game if even just a side project. There are so many Pokemon Let's Plays, yet sometimes you find games with only 1 or 2 Let's Plays. I reckon you should do what you'd enjoy most.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Hey guys, I dont know if anyone really noticed but I posted a few playthroughs/LP's and I recently added one with commentary and from now on I play to have all my videos with commentary, however I'd like suggestions on how you guys think I could improve and how I could possible attract more people to my videos

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 9, 2014
I was thinking of starting an LP but I'm not sure :3 plus I'm new to the pokecommunity so I have no clue what I'm doing :D woo

Years
Making Pokemon Walkthroughs?

Hi guys,

I've been playing Pokemon ever since red and blue arrived on the scene. I've completed all the games and played through and started to make a few hacks too. My question is, do you think it would be worth it if I gave back to the community and maybe start off on YouTube with a speed playthrough of Fire Red/Leaf Green and if that gets decent attention, do proper walkthroughs of all the games from start to finish?

There are so many users on YouTube who say they would upload videos daily and either give up or wait weeks at a time before any new videos are made. I know how this leaves people feeling with me being one of those people. But I promise to be an honest citizen and to always have new content and bring a fresh looks about how the walkthroughs are made! :)

Thanks Guys looking forward to your response.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Hey dude I'd be sure to watch your speed run as I am a relatively new Let's Player on YouTube myself! It's hard to get feedback at first but keep going and you'll be sure to build up an audience!

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
I see no reason why you shouldn't and tbh I don't really understand why you are contemplating about it.

Years
Cheers for the feedback lads! Turkish, what do you think would best suit a speed run? commentary or no commentary? Only asking these questions because I guess its all about first impressions and i'm sure the best way to build up an audience would be to grab everyone's attention from the beginning :)

Quinn

Shall we get down to business?
Years
Making Pokemon Walkthroughs?

I used to use things like that all the time when I was younger to help me, I think its good to extend a helping hand and if you like doing it then its a win win. I do like let's plays alittle more my self though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
On PokéCommunity we actually have a section dedicated to Let's Plays and walkthroughs and stuff like that! So I'll move this thread over to there. However, the best place for asking for advice and feedback on ideas like this seems to be this thread.

I personally enjoy quiet runs much more than runs with commentary. But if you want to make a walkthrough that fully tries to find out all secrets and functions and places in the games, commentary is probably a good thing. If you just want to illustrate a general playthrough, commentary can be annoying :p That's just my personal opinion. The guys over in the Let's Plays section can probably come with better thoughts, haha.

-moved

Years
Hey guys (and gals) I recently made a Youtube channel solely for gaming videos, as of now I only have 2 videos up and I'm still trying to grasp the skill of editing my videos decently. Although I don't have any Pokemon videos up so far (don't have a capture card yet) I would greatly appreciate it if you could all give my channel a quick look and see what you think? And if you like what you see, Subscribe, comment and rate! I'd be happy to Subscribe back too! :) Sorry if this isn't the place to post stuff like this!
Link is in my Sig :)

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
What's the go on LPs made of entirely screenshots with added text because I'm not uploading to YouTube any more unless its got something todo with Marco the monkey. I'm gonna do demikids dark version its a megami tensei game.

Years
Nuzlocke Series Interest?

Hey guys, it's GatAttack.

I just wanted to know if anybody would be interested in watching my upcoming FireRed Nuzlocke runthrough. I'm going to be posting on Youtube as often as possible, and I figured this would be a good place to test the waters.

Thanks y'all!
-Gat

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
What's the go on LPs made of entirely screenshots with added text because I'm not uploading to YouTube any more unless its got something todo with Marco the monkey. I'm gonna do demikids dark version its a megami tensei game.
Screenshot LPs are all right in my book. Megami Tensei games might even work better in the screenshot format because it's a JRPG. This way, you can cut out the random battles and take time to explain anything about the game without needing to rush through explanations or sit on menu screens while playing so you have time to add post-commentary. Also, you'll be able to write down the dialogue, and readers can take the time to read what the characters are saying at their own pace.

Hey guys, it's GatAttack.

I just wanted to know if anybody would be interested in watching my upcoming FireRed Nuzlocke runthrough. I'm going to be posting on Youtube as often as possible, and I figured this would be a good place to test the waters.

Thanks y'all!
-Gat
You're on a Pokemon forum, which means you have the built-in audience of those who like to play/watch Pokemon games. If your videos are well-edited and of good quality and you have decent commentary (with a good microphone!), then people will be willing to watch your videos.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Retro Gamers Unite

Hello, all, my name is OddStodd, and I want to play retro Pokemon games with everyone! Let me explain: we get on skype while playing these games, record them, and post them to our respective YouTube channels. Eligible games? Look below.
To join, simply PM me with your Skype name, and age, telling me why you want to join. Its that easy! Now for some rules.

1. You don't HAVE to have a YouTube channel. Its great if you do, but its not required.
2. The recommended age is 16, but if you are younger than that, I ask that you check with your caretakers first. This is mainly due to the fact that there will be older players (I'm 20) and I want to make sure not to offend anyone.
3. While we are on the topic of offending people, there is to be NO harassment or attacking other players. Its not fun when people start to take things seriously.
4. The good games are RED, BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW, GOLD, SILVER, CRYSTAL, POKEMON STADIUM 1 & 2, RUBY, SAPPHIRE, EMERALD, FIRE RED, AND LEAF GREEN. Also, hacks of these gens will sometimes be played. AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE POKEMMO PLAYED TOO! POKEMMO MODS FIRE RED AND TURNS IT INTO A GREAT MMORPG!
5. If I think of more, I will post below!

Let's have some fun, people!

Retom

Retomplay on Youtube
Years
I decided to say hi, i dont think of making a thread, i am not an entertainer so i have different purposes with playing on youtube

i want to share my gaming fun, with others

i dont want to advertise my channel so i just say hi and do want to see some of yours

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
Alright, bit of an idea/assistance needed flood here. To start off, I'm currently on a little bit of a hiatus on my channel currently due to honestly.... no feedback at all. I'd like to be able to engage my audience with my video, and I know my commentary skills are less than mediocre currently, which is where I'm wanting to turn to feedback, so I can try to improve on things that there's a general consensus that I'm very lacking in (and before anyone suggests it, because I know it's a thing, humor and me don't mix well).

Means my latest spree of videos I've tried to market my channel as a strategy gameplay channel, I've considered trying scripted, food for thought topics. Scripted commentary on it's own is a very new concept to me, and given that I'm not exactly sure what type of critical thinking my audience may be interested in has been the cause of the delay in actually trying it out. If possible, I'd prefer to stay away from controversial subjects, and my idea was to also take viewer submitted ideas for topics.

Next, I've been considering adding rogue-like games to my lineup. Something like Dungeons of Dredmor or Hack, Slash, Loot runs, with permadeath on in DoD's case. My reasoning is that, at least in my general opinion, a good portion of rogue-like games, whatever other genres they are under, could also be classified as strategy in some form, whether it's how you build your character, how to engage certain rooms or enemies, and even what items and skills you take.

Finally, another advice question regarding some of my current lineup of games, which is mostly collectible card games. I'd love to go into and maybe analyze or otherwise explain top tier strategies for things like Hearthstone, Pokemon TCG Online, and Might and Magic: Duel of Champions. The issue comes that I don't have the necessary resources to obtain the cards for the top tier decks... I mean heck, it takes me awhile to complete personal creations even. I wouldn't mind going into maybe the low or even mid tier, the help out people starting into the game or even in the same boat as I am where they are having to go about obtaining the cards the hard way. But in that instance, I wouldn't even know where to start, much less where I should try to define low and mid tier.

Thank you guys in advance for the help.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 20, 2015
How to do video LPs?

Hi,

I really need some tips on how to do video LPs. How to record videos on the VGBA, Nozoomer and Desmume emulators and how to add audio as well? I would also really like a background template which I can use to add my teams in Nuzlockes and stuff. A guide on editing would be great too. I know this is a lot, but any help or contribution would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Just a question

well , i have a youtube channel called SneakyOBK and i want to play games people want to see , someone have a good idea what should i do my next lets play on? :) thanks.

Back