• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
Ok!Heres update #2!

Started game and loaded from last save.
Went to route 29 and watched Lyra catch a Pokemon,thus making me very bored.
Used cheats to get my first member of team staryu(needs evolving though)
Trained staryu to level 7.
Went to the route of trainers and battled.Destroyed bellsprout tower with staryu(somehow)
Saved and closed(duh.)

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ok!Heres update #2!

Went to route 29 and watched Lyra catch a Pokemon,thus making me very bored.
Used cheats to get my first member of team staryu(needs evolving though)
Trained staryu to level 7.
Went to the route of trainers and battled.Destroyed bellsprout tower with staryu(somehow)
Destroyed the gym.
Got togepi egg and deposited it.
Went to the next route and through rock cave and reached azalea.
Talked to kurt and went to slowpoke well.Caught a slowpoke(next member of team which needs evolving)
Destroyeed team rockert,rival soul and the gym.
Went through ilex forest,taught headbutt to chikorita and reached goldenrod.
Went to national park and headbutted and caught Exeggcute.
Nicknamed staryu-Stare and slowpoke-Speedy and Exeggcute-Jungle
Saved and closed(duh.)

I hate to say this, but that staryu can't be used. At least two valid pokemon are available for your challenge before the first gym. As such, hacking in pokemon cannot be allowed. Exeggcute by headbutting and drowzee outside of goldenrod. Oh and theres also slowpoke in the slowpoke well. So i have to ask you not to use that staryu. Youll have to catch one with good rod when you get one.

The thread is officially up to date! I will probably be doing my weekly updates on either Tuesdays or Thursdays (or Wednesdays if my schedule get's changed, as I suspect it might). Have fun everyone and Merry Christmas!

I have no problem letting you continue from the place you left off in the old thread. It would be nice if you could link me to the last post you made in the old thread. If you can't, I'm plenty willing to take your word for it!
Why certainly. It's not very hard to find, seeing as how I don't have that many posts.
Here is the post: My last update

So yeah...I'll be getting to work on Platinum, now.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
I hate to say this, but that staryu can't be used. At least two valid pokemon are available for your challenge before the first gym. As such, hacking in pokemon cannot be allowed. Exeggcute by headbutting and drowzee outside of goldenrod. Oh and theres also slowpoke in the slowpoke well. So i have to ask you not to use that staryu. Youll have to catch one with good rod when you get one.

OK then!Bye bye staryu!And can you tell where do i get a good rod?I also already have an Exeggcute and slowpoke,btw.
Update #3 is here!!!
Released stare since it is not allowed.
Trained jungle and speedy to level 24
Beat the gym(took three tries)
Got badge and squirt bottle and caught a sudowoodo.
Saved game and closed(duh)

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
OK then!Bye bye staryu!And can you tell where do i get a good rod?I also already have an Exeggcute and slowpoke,btw.
Update #3 is here!!!
Released stare since it is not allowed.
Trained jungle and speedy to level 24
Beat the gym(took three tries)
Got badge and squirt bottle and caught a sudowoodo.

Olivine City Pokemon Center I believe. Its not exactly in an obvious location in that game for whatever reason.

Also, make sure that you look for it at night. Thats the only time you can catch them.

Last edited:

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
update 1-

The Mono Type Water Adventure Begin...

booted up my Pokemon Leaf Green Rom
picked Squirtle as the starter named him Grubby after a friend
Battle Rival and won
We ventured to Viridian City got Oak's Parcel and went back and delievered it
Got some poke'balls...continued went to Viridian Forest into Pewter City
Defeated Brock with no problem Grubby leveled to 16 and evolved into Wartortle
Off to Mt. Moon

TEAM WATER-
8.png

Name: Grubby
Nature: Bold

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
Years
I've been busy with Christmas and enjoying the cold-snowy weather, but I guess it's time to stop pushing this update away and just get it done:

Mono-Ice challenge: Crystal

- Started game, named myself Ethan and chose Chikorita so rival would choose Cyndaquil
- Did Elm's errand and encountered ??? then named him Silver
- Hacked in a Lv.3 Wild Sneasel and nicknamed him "Sly"
- Made my way to Violet City and defeated Falkner with ease
- Hacked in a Lv.4 Wild Swinub and nicknamed him "Pumba"
- Climbed up Sprout Tower, then beat the Elder and received Flash
- Made my way south to Union Cave
- Cleared Union Cave and arrived in Azalea Town
- Met Kurt, then kicked Team Rocket's asses out of the Slowpoke Well
- Entered Azalea Gym and battled the gender confused leaderBugsy
- Showed Silver whose boss, then ventured in to Ilex Forest
- Hacked in a Lv.7 Shellder and nicknamed her "Pearl"
- Made it to Goldenrod City and entered the Pit of Hell known as Goldenrod Gym
- Made my way to Whitney, then put that annoying-cheap ass-crybaby in her place
- Hacked in a Lv.10 Lapras and nicknamed him "Plesio"

Well, I don't know when I'll update next, I'm to busy enjoying "Ratchet & Clank" on my new PS3 right now. Oh, and it's a little late but have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
- Hacked in a Lv.3 Wild Sneasel and nicknamed him "Sly"
- Hacked in a Lv.4 Wild Swinub and nicknamed him "Pumba"
- Hacked in a Lv.7 Shellder and nicknamed her "Pearl"
- Hacked in a Lv.10 Lapras and nicknamed him "Plesio"
I realize that Ice is one of those types that are pretty rare early, but the rule only allows you to hack in one Pokemon in the event that your type can't be found before the third Gym. But hacking 4 is a little excessive, especially since most of those can be caught before the E4. Sneasel is certainly a good choice for your hack, since he can only be found at Mt Silver. But I gotta ask you to stop using 3 of your hacked mons. If you go to Olivine right away you can get a Good Rod and catch a Shellder for your party. The other two you have to wait to catch. Sorry.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update on Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Psychic).

Update #2 on White 2.​

• Beat the rest of the trainers in the Relic Passage, then defeated Team Plasma on their ship.
  • They ran away like cowards, so I continued from Driftveil City to Route 6, where Cheren gave me Surf.
  • Explored Mistralton Cave and some other areas with Surf, then went through Chargestone Cave to Mistralton City.
  • Astrodoll evolved into Claydol!
  • Headed north to the Celestial Tower, where I caught Gemini the Elgyem.
  • Trained her up on trainers I skipped before, then scaled the tower.
  • Took on the gym, and beat Skyla without much difficulty thanks again to the bulk of Limey.
  • Headed to Lentimas Town on the cargo plane, then went to the Strange House.
  • Gemini evolved into Beheeyem, and Limey evolved into Reuniclus!
  • Explored Reversal Mountain with Bianca and arrived in Undella Town.
  • Caught my fifth team member, Ruby the Staryu.
  • Beat all the trainers I could find in the Bay and on Route 14, then continued on to Route 13 to Lacunosa Town.
  • Bought the Thunder and Blizzard TMs and taught them to Ruby, then moved on to Opelucid Town.
  • Did some vitamin shopping at Shopping Mall Nine, then took on the Opelucid Gym.
  • Drayden was a tough fight, but I eventually prevailed with Gemini as the last one standing.
  • Team Plasma showed up again and froze the city, then the DNA Splicers were stolen.
  • I went back to Undella Bay and dove for the treasure with a Wailord I caught as a Wailmer, then leveled to 41 to learn Dive.
  • More vitamin shopping ensued, then I went through the Marine Tunnel to Humilau City.
  • Took on the gym right away, and Marlon was easy with Limey's Thunder and good bulk.
  • I am saved in Humilau City.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Psy:
120.gif

Ruby the Calm Staryu - L51 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Surf, Blizzard, Psychic, Thunder
344.gif

Astrodoll the Relaxed Claydol - L50 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Psychic, Strength, Drill Run, Earth Power
561.gif

Nazca the Quirky Sigilyph, ♀ - L50 @ TwistedSpoon
Ability: Magic Guard
Moves: Air Slash, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Fly
606.gif

Gemini the Rash Beheeyem - L50 @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Psychic, Recover, Energy Ball, Calm Mind
579.gif

Limey the Modest Reuniclus, ♀ - L51 @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Moves: Psyshock, Thunder, Flash, Recover

Former Members:
528.gif

Tootsie the Adamant Swoobat, ♀ - L29 [boxed]
Ability: Unaware
Moves: Air Cutter, Fly, Heart Stamp, Calm Mind

HM Slaves:
054.gif

Psyduck - Surf, Strength, Flash, Dig [boxed]

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
It's already been four days since my last update, and I've made a little progress. I chose Snivy and made my way through the opening, quickly making my way through Acumula and to Straiton, where I had a little trouble defeating Chili but eventually managed and earned my first badge. I kept on going and arrived in Nacrene, evolving Snivy into Servine on the way. I defeated Lenora fairly easily and went on my way. Next I went through the Plasma quest and caught and trained the next two members of my team: Cottonee and Sewaddle. Sewaddle quickly evolved into a Swadloon, and eventually arrived in Castelia. There, I explored some of the city before continuing with the storyline. I was having trouble defeating Burgh's gym so I decided to go back to Pinwheel Forest where I trained some more and evolved Swadloon into Leavanny. I went back and had less trouble with Burgh, defeating him then continuing north to Nimbassa. After I rode the Ferris wheel with N I went on to take on Elesa at her gym. I defeated her with a little trouble and earned my fourth badge. Next I crossed the Driftveil bridge and arrived in Driftveil, where I did some exploring before saving on route 6, where I plan to catch and train my next team member, Deerling, before continuing with the Plasma storyline or the gym challenge.

servine.png
Servine / Lv31 / Tackle, Mega Drain, Slam, Leaf Tornado
leavanny.png
Leavanny / Lv32 / Tackle, Slash, Bug Bite, Razor Leaf
cottonee.png
Cottonee / Lv31 / Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf, Mega Drain

✔Pokemon Blue Version
venusaur.png
parasect.png
victreebel.png
exeggutor.png

✔Pokemon Silver Version
meganium.png
gloom.png
bellossom.png
parasect.png
exeggutor.png

✔Pokemon Sapphire Version
sceptile.png
ludicolo.png
breloom.png
cacturne.png
cradily.png
tropius.png

✔Pokemon Diamond Version
torterra.png
roserade.png
wormadam-plant.png
abomasnow.png

Pokemon Black Version
servine.png
leavanny.png
cottonee.png

Type: Grass

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
Olivine City Pokemon Center I believe. Its not exactly in an obvious location in that game for whatever reason.

Also, make sure that you look for it at night. Thats the only time you can catch them.

OK!Thx!Anyway,heres update #4!

Went to Ecruteak and got surf from dude in kimono girl area.
Went to burned tower and battled Soul and fell down and saw suicune.
Got out of the tower an trained speedy and Jungle to level 30.
Battled gym and won!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
BUt in the Mono-type it doesn't say I have to used more than 1 pokemon so surely it should?
In order to play a Solo with Snorlax, you would have to hack, which is not allowed in the Monotype challenge unless Pokemon of your type are unavailable before the 3rd gym. Since Ratatta is right outside your front door in that game, hacking would result in disqualification. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back