• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Deck PLease!

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
my friend keeps beating me and i cant figure out why. what should i do differently?

here's my deck

Turtwig x4
Grotle x4
Torterra x1

Swinub x5
Piloswine x2
Mamoswine x1

eevee x5
vaporeon x1
leafeon x1

palkia x1
regigigas x1

potion x3
super potion x1
night maintenance x2

water energy x11
grass energy x11
rock energy (needed for swinub/piloswine/mamoswine) x3

now that i look at it, i should have less basics :)

anyway, tell me what you think

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
What attacks does your Mamoswine have?

ice fang 40
flip a coin. if heads, the defending pokemon is paralized, and discard an energy attaced to the pokemon

charge through 60+
you may do 60 damage plus 40 more and 40 damage to one of your opponents benched pokemon. if you do, mamoswine does 40 damage to its self

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
Well, basically your deck has a good layout.
I don't get how you lost?

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
Well, basically your deck has a good layout.
I don't get how you lost?

i think its cause he has a retarted stradigy. he puts up a piplup, retreats it, puts forward Rampardos, attacks, retreats, and puts the piplup back up... i hate it
other then that im not sure why i keep losing.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
OH! A good strategy your friend has
I call it back forth!
Good!

Just keep killing any card he brings out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2011
The deck-rating subforum is over at http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115

Anyway, a few things.

You can only have four of any one (non-basic energy) card in your deck. You say you have five swinub and eevee, so that's one too many.

With that deck list, you're going to have a really hard time getting anything out without it being knocked out with a turn or two. Since I think you're new to this from your list, I'd just recommend adding in some supporters. If you bought any starter decks, those are cards like Mom's Kindness, Bebe's Search, etc.

You can only play one per turn but they'll let you set up your stage 1 and 2 much faster. If you have to take something out to make room for those, I'd take out some potions, they're largely not worth the deck-space.

Rinusu

Not that important..
Years
Its a good deck..but add more trainers.. and since you need the fighting energies.. Energy Search?
Maybe you should focus on.. Water/Fighting.. It would be easier...

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
Its a good deck..but add more trainers.. and since you need the fighting energies.. Energy Search?
Maybe you should focus on.. Water/Fighting.. It would be easier...

well the thing is, i dont have very good fighting types. tho im on a mission to get some lucarios :) i only have the fighting energys for my Swinub and his evolutions. and i did. and i added more trainers. some bebe's reasearch helped ABUNCH also a few technical machines that have a move called evoluter. its basicly the same as bebe's research. but thanks for the suggestion

Shadow Chant

Top 4 at Worlds 2009
Years
Why do you have 5 eevee and 5 Swinub? It is illegal in Pokemon Organized Play or even other Pokemon TCG tourney's to use more than 4 of the same card. (Except energy)

No potion, no super potion either. Run 2 Majestic Dawn Torterra and 1 of the DP Torterra, with 1 Lv.X.

4 Rare Candy is definitely needed in decks like these. Or if you want, try to find the Great Encounters Scepile to boost this deck up a little. Then too many energy slows down the deck.

Hope that helped.

Shukuen Shinobi

Ninja Dude
Years
First off, you can't have 5 of anything except Basic Energy, so you're already doing it wrong. I suggest looking at a rule book. It'll help.

Your lines are inconsistant. A proper line should be consistant across the bored, with fewer of the Stage 1 if you play Rare Candy, and there is no reason not too.

Also, you need more trainers. They are a vital part of the game. Supporters, obtain them, use them, love them.

It's Fighting Energy.

Combos please.

tl;dr
learn to play

IcePyro

I'll just not say anything
Years
They probably have those new level X cards, and seem to be crushing you with better attacks. If you had a status afflictor or two, than you could cripple their deck 10-30 damage each turn using something like Will-O-Wisp. Also, try a more spread out approach. Instead of using 5 of your basics (which is illegal to do *looks at rule book* you can only have four of one species at the maximum. If it had a different name however, you could have something like four Team Magma's Poochyena and four Poochyena. But, I don't know if you know this or not, you can only evolve pokemon with that same name on the evolve status. Such as you can't evolve a plain Mightyena from a Team Magma's Poochyena.), you could either keep the pokemon you have, and add more to the Stage 1 pokemon, or you could make a change in your deck to (here it comes again) a status afflictor (like Drifblim. Some cards of him have Will-O-Wisp).

Different Problems (in a nutshell):

~Status Afflictors (they deal damage without you even ATTACKING)
~Lack of Super Potions and Potions
~Too many Grotles (seriously)
~60 CARD DECK (I only counted 57, but knowing me, i'm probably wrong)
~You might want an energy search, because if you need that Fighting-type energy, you might want to have that on hand
~Then again, who knows? Might just be a lack of experience to put you in a position where you know what to do, when to do it

Years
I ask, can you have more then like 3 MD Eevee's and 2 of another? Or is it a clear cut 4 Pokemon only?

Here's how it works (just going straight into an example, here):

This: 4 Vaporeon (Jungle), 3 Light Vaporeon (Neo Destiny), 2 Dark Vaporeon (Team Rocket)
...would work.

This: 3 Vaporeon from Jungle and 2 Vaporeon from another set would not work. The name has to be different.

Shadow Chant

Top 4 at Worlds 2009
Years
No Energy Search. It slows down against donk decks such as Rampardos.

4 Bebe's Search and 3-4 Roseanne's Research.

You need those supporters to speed up the deck.

Back