• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Elite four help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyGyaradosisShiny

Just some Neckbeard who plays Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2020
So I'm having a bit of trouble on the Elite four.. I'm at Karen and cannot train any higher of levels to beat any of her pokes.
My team consists of only 3 pokes like i said, difficult training

Feraligatr level 41
Waterfall
Surf
Cut (replacing soon)
dragon pulse (for lance;))

Lugia level 49
Extrasensory
Hydro pump
Fly
Aeroblast

Ampharos level 42
discharge
thunder
charge
signal beam

Please help me with some ideas!
But I also have some pokemon for trade as well, I have Tyrogue Eevee etc

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'll move this to the in-game team rate section which is the section for advice on your team. I'll mentioned that Feraligatr could use something like ice fang/beam or a physical move (like Crunch) instead of Cut, and having both Waterfall and Surf is a bit odd for it. I'd stick to the former as it's physical and so does more damage from Feraligatr.

I think you can get Fire Punch on Ampharos via the move relearner as well (Blackthorn, give a Heart Scale).

As for training, you have the phone rematch system with trainers (more info here), or wild Pokemon in victory road, or also just battling the E4 over and over until you win and getting some exp that way. If you want to train any weaker Pokemon you can get the Exp Share from Mr Pokemon (give him the Red Scale) to make that easier. And if you want trades (although you do not need to make any to beat the game), try the Quick Trade thread sticky in the Trade Corner section we have.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2012
What type does Karen battle with? I tend to Run through a few times to see all the pokemon the four have. Then I group my six in order of elimental advantages.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For Feraligatr, replace Cut with Ice Fang, Dragon Pulse with Crunch, and Surf with Superpower if you wanna level it up to around level 63 or so.

For additional team members I recommend Rhydon which you can get before the E4 by capturing and training a Rhyhorn at Victory road which should prove useful against Lance. Have it know Hammer Arm, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and preferably Megahorn.

Also consider Gyarados with the moves Dragon Dance, Ice Fang, Waterfall, and Bite, there's also Lapras as well with Ice Beam, Surf, Confuse Ray, and Body Slam if Gyarados doesn't sound that good to you. Also replace Charge with Focus Blast on Ampharos as well. For the final slot I would have to say something along the lines of a Heracross if you can find one. The last slot shouldn't matter that much since you should be set by then hopefully.

Your entire team team should be around mid to late 40s level wise beforehand too.

Good luck and may your victory be sweet as can be.

Shadowed Team

Kanto/Johto Pokémon Master
Years
Hmm, you should level up all your Pokemon so it exceeds in the 50's range. Because Lance's strongest Pokemon is a Level 50 Dragonite, you should aim to be in the 55's.

Also try to vary your Pokemon elements, and make your Pokemon learn different elemental attacks to back up from weaknesses. Let's take your Ampharos as a suggestion. It knows three electric type move and one bug. You only have 7 different elemental attacks out of 17. Make it have a variety.

Your Pokemon should also be in its final evolution by now.

What you should work on most is catching more powerful Pokemon. Don't use your Pokemon with HMs. Firstly, you don't need HMs in the Pokemon League and HMs are just pure weakness (apart from Fly and Surf)

Hope I helped you alot! Hope we can keep in touch :)

Here's what I think you should have:-

LV.55 FERALIGATR
Hydro Pump
Superpower
TM Blizzard
TM Earthquake

LV.50 LUGIA
Hydro Pump
Extrasensory
Aeroblast
TM Shadow Ball

LV.50 AMPHAROS
TM Thunder
Signal Beam
TM Focus Blast
*Your Choice

LV 50.EXEGGUTOR
TM SolarBeam
TM Psychic
*Your Choice
*Your Choice

LV.50 NINETALES/ARCANINE
TM Flamethrower
*Your Choice
*Your Choice

You can choose the rest of the Pokemon, after all, you're the one playing. Just remember, you should train until your Pokemon are strong enough to compete in the League, don't just compete because you finished everything. :)

My Pokemon were at their strongest

LV.59 TYPHLOSION
Blast Burn
Earthquake
SolarBeam
Ice Beam

LV.52 BRELOOM
Leaf Storm
Focus Blast
Gunk Shot
Cut

LV.53 WALREIN