• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your opinion on classical music?

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Growing up, classical music was what I would hear. I think it was because, when I was little I used to visit Mexico a lot. The SNES for example, while may be classical or instrumental is still a classic to me with the majority of the libary that it possesses. Classic music by some would also be the music that flows onto the street, with the marachi bands performing. Or students just playing and enjoying what they enjoy. Classicial to me is, what sounds melodic and passossinate. Everyone has some way of viewing something, and this is how I view the old art that is classical music.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I feel like if I was in any way musically inclined I'd appreciate classical music more than I do. I'd like to appreciate it more, does that count for anything?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Classical music has been a huge part of my life since the day I was born. My mother has been listening to classical music ever since I was in her womb, so I guess I have been 'listening' to it even before my birth lol. Too much info? >< Anyways, yeah. Classical music is very high up in my list of music genres. I owe it all to my father who loved playing classical music when I was young, and this stuck on till today.

This music genre always puts a smile on my face and helps me relax and calm down both emotionally and physically. My favourite composers would be Mozart and Chopin. Their pieces are simply sensational and out of this world. Why, give this piece a listen.

Spoiler:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm not the biggest fan of Classical music. I'm more of a pop fan myself. However, every now and then I might hear a piece I like.

Years
I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to classical music. I have an appreciation for it, and often times enjoy it, but generally, I'm not super enthusiastic about it.

Adore

Party.
Years
As someone who has been playing piano since a very young age, I have a lot of respect for classical music. It's some of the most beautiful, complex music that I have ever attempted to play.

It isn't my go-to genre to listen to, but I do enjoy listening to some Mozart pieces occasionally.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
It's painful to listen to. It sounds erratic in timing and the volume goes to and from the extremes of loud and quiet all too often.
It's worth noting that I do generally like orchestral music, but not if it's classical.

Last edited:

BassBlood

Bass Player Extraordinaire
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2013
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with classical. I listen to Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi and Grieg quite a lot Beethoven and Wagner sometimes, but everything else fails to interest me.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
It's painful to listen to. It sounds erratic in timing and the volume goes to and from the extremes of loud and quiet all too often.
It's worth noting that I do generally like orchestral music, but not if it's classical.
I think what you're referring to is Romantic music, which emphasizes and dramatizes contrasts in volume. It's very loose and lenient in terms of composition, so the musicians don't necessarily go by the book when writing a piece. That's probably the erratic timing that you're hearing, as well. (i.e., Beethoven and his harsh conducting hand gestures)

The classical period is very strict and follows the "proper" rules of music theory. You're not gonna hear a lot of stuff that goes outside of the box, and as it was mostly commissioned by royalty from composers, it's written to naturally soothe your ears... definitely not cause them pain!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

This isn't too far from my own opinion, but a heck of a lot more drastic haha. I wouldn't call it painful to listen to by any means, but it's really not a style that I've found myself able to get into. I've tried several times listening to some classical pieces suggest by my friends and scarcely have I liked them. Of course there's a few gems amongst the granite which I really do love listening to, but the same would apply to any other genre - however as for the majority of classical music that I've listened to it's just far too erratic like Cassino said and it seems all over the place. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it just doesn't appeal to me personally.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm surprised that people here don't like classical music that much despite complaining about how music today is crud because the music they grew up with was better. Classical music helps me relax with my emotions, and thanks to Fantasia, I'm in love with them.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I liek classical music. When I was young and I went somewhere with my dad using the car, he would always put classical music. So it grew on me, I actually have 2 classical music that I like very much. Swan Ballet and Cannon D.

Kloun

Dividing by zero since 2011.
Years
I'm kind of weird in that I can't really listen to any music with singing in it, it just sounds bad to me. That being said, I think classical music is terrific. My favorite genres are classical and jazz. I actually bought ear plugs (The cheap swimming kind) to put on for when someone is playing rap or pop music loudly. I don't really know why. I love the complexity and how all the different instruments fit in perfect harmony in a classical song. All of the random beats and autotuning and dubstep and stuff just drive me mad when I listen to it. I personally never got the appeal of that kind of thing. I do respect everyone's opinion, though, and understand if someone wouldn't like classical music.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Classical music is yet another genre of music and, to me, it's a very soothing style that, if played every once in awhile, breaks the monotonous mold of modern style music and is just very refreshing! Of course, too much in one sitting will drive me insane, but in small, controlled doses, it's really quite nice!

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I love classical music :D
It's just... amazing... I love the structure & harmony

Tchaikovsky. Is. The. Best.
I also love Mozart!
Bach's pretty amazing as well.

I'm trying to get into more classical music, since I want to join an orchestra after uni.

BUT Anyone who wants a... um... I suppose you could say 'different' type of classical music, should listen to the album 'Hooked On Classics' (not no. 2 or 3, mainly the first one - it's the best) - basically a heap of classical pieces put together in one to form a medley, but also with a drumbeat in the background... and well, it sounds pretty good!

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I can tolerate it, although I don't actively go out and seek it. While it can be quite calming, sometimes it's just way too intense and I could go for something a bit (a lot, actually) slower. It's too much work to split hairs and look for slower classical songs, so I just fall back on what I know.

Back