• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Two Pokémon you can't live without

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
what are two Pokémon that you cannot live without? if someone were to take them out of Pokémon, you'd be devastated.

nobody knows mine *sarcasm*

ahem *cough* Reshiram & Moltres

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
The first one would be Lilligant, but that's a given. I always go on about how much I love Lilligant's design, moves, and the fact that it gets Own Tempo.

Second one's Staraptor, of all things. It's actually my favorite Pokemon to use and I think I've only played through D/P/Pt twice without using it.

Sirfetch’d

Mine would be Castform and Torchic! While Jellicent would be one that I wouldn't want to live without either, I could live without it easier than the two aforementioned Pokemon. Castform is my favorite Pokemon of all time so naturally I would not want to live without it and Torchic is my favorite starter of all time so I want it to exist as well.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I would be extremely devastated if they took out Watchog (it's my #1 favorite of all Pokemon to exisit) - it's always been with all my Unova teams (except for my water team) since it was a Patrat, and stays with me all the time. For me, it has not let me down in battle and it's very reliable

The other one would be Mienfoo (not just since its one of my top 3 favorite Pokemon of all times, the other one goes to Dewott), my other strong battler, its in most of my Unova teams (ecept for my water team, Watchog team, and Normal type team). I would be heart broken devastated if Mienfoo ceased to exist.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I would throw a fit if they decided to take out any pokemon, but I would be extremely sad if they took out Serperior and Breloom. Those two are my favorite and I couldn't imagine pokemon without them.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I absolutely cannot live without Suicune. When it comes to competive battling, I always make sure to have one of these Pokémon in almost all of my teams. Especially if my team is focused around stalling. Suicune has extreme defenses, which always allows it to take hundreds of hits—even the most powerful ones. This Pokémon's got access to Rest and Sleep Talk as well, which is one of the most popular attack combinations in the metagame. Rest gives it a chance to take a nap and recover itself back to full health. And with Sleep Talk, this Pokémon can continue to strike hits to the opponent while it's asleep.

Another Pokémon that I can't live without is Vulpix. I simple love this cute little creature, and if I never got to see it again, then I don't know what I'd do. Along with its adorableness, Vulpix is also quite good at battling. It's got the power and energy to defeat any Pokémon that are the same as its size.

Last edited:
Years
Butterfree's definitely the first one that came to mind. It's been one of, if not, my favorite Pokemon since pretty early on in the series, so to have it disappear this far down the road would be pretty awful. Sure, there are plenty of other moth/butterfly Pokemon around now, but I can't say as I really care for any of the other ones.

Beyond that, I don't think I'd be devastated to lose any other Pokemon. If I had to pick though, my second would be Lugia. Sure, it's not my favorite legendary (maybe top 3), but both my most memorable battle on Gold and my favorite Pokemon movie heavily involved Lugia, so I'd hate to have those just disappear.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I absolutely can't live without Pikachu and Gengar. If any of these would be erased from existance, my heart would shatter into a billion pieces.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Two Pokémon I simply cannot do without should probably be Mudkip and Celebi. Long-time favourites and still nostalgic enough to stay at the top.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I have to think about this. There are so many and I don't have an uber-favorite, I guess. But I might get really really disappointed if they took away Charmander (and its evolutions). I guess it's been a very important pokémon to me throughout my gaming and pokémon experiences overall.

Can I also be boring and say Pikachu? ^^ I wouldn't mind if it was removed from the anime or stopped being pokémon's main mascot. But I sort of like the pokémon as a pokémon too, not just because it is everywhere. I like Raichu even more.

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
I would probably cry for weeks if something happened to my Typhlosion, and secondly and closely following it would be my Charizard.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
I could probably not live without the Hoenn starters. But if I had to pick two it would probably be Mudkip and Torchic.

Back