• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
So you basically just have to SR til you get a Ralts with the right nature, then go around with Ralts leading to get your other team.
While this is a good idea, Ralts are usually very rare, as well as Abra. Getting them with the right nature, as well as the right ability (both have two abilites) takes FOREVER. Trust me, I bred a Synchronize Abra of every nature, including neutral natures, in SoulSilver. It took weeks. Imagine trying to actually look for the pokemon in the wild. *shivers*

Unless we were allowed to hack in a correct natured/ability Abra/Ralts, it'd be difficult just to start the challenge. If we were allowed to do so, then I see no problem with this challenge at all. However, the whole 'hacking' portion would also leave some people out that don't use emulators. Sure, they could trade from another game, but they'd have to be lucky to have a synchronizer with the correct nature...

/thoughtful rant

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Challenge Pitch

So you basically just have to SR til you get a Ralts with the right nature, then go around with Ralts leading to get your other team.

And by then, you would have spent more time than it takes to get through half the game. -_-

Anyway, I have an idea for a challenge if you guys would consider giving it a cursory glance?

Title: "Thank You For The Gift." Challenge

Playing method: Emulator or GBA/DS. However, an Emulator will make things easier if you don't have more than one gaming system , a friend to play w/, or a DS w/ a GBA cartridge slot.

Generations: I-V (RGBY/GSC remakes are allowed in place of the originals)

Pokemon Restrictions: Event pokes (Spiky Pichu, etc.) allowed; Wandering [Entei, Raikou, Lati twins, Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos) allowed

No mascots: Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Suicune, Mew (Nintendo events included), Mewtwo (same as Mew), Zekrom, Reshiram, Deoxys, Zorua, Zoroark

Basically, if it played a major part in a game/movie (idk how important Spiky Pichu was to the plot since I stopped watching movies after 4Ever) then it can't be used.

Basic Premise: Each trainer must play the game of their choice with Pokemon not registered as their own, meaning they were traded. I'm sure everyone remembers how Ash's Charizard was originally another trainer's and began to get more and more disobedient as he gained levels? Or, for those who have pets, you may remember how your dog, etc. didn't obey commands given for the first few months because it was still learning to trust you and get used to you. That's the challenge aspect. Traded Pokemon gain levels faster, and evolve quicker than Pokemon obtained normally. The more they level up, the more disobedient they tend to grow when you don't have enough badges. The goal is to get through the game trying to keep your Pokemon obedient/happy as you win badges and earn their respect.

Challenge Ends: For all games (yes, even HGSS), the challenge ends when you beat the Elite 4. By then, you would have received the 8th badge that makes Pokemon over lvl 70 listen to you.

***Special Condition for 3rd Gen and beyond: Anyone who plays RSE, DPPt, HGSS, BW must have at least one Pokemon participate in a Contest and win the Master class. I don't recommend the Pokeathon unless you have a fast computer or are playing on a real DS.

Hacking: Hacking is allowed for changing the OT of gamers playing 4th and 5th gen on emulators (no wifi and DPPt, BW freezes when attempting to connect and run 2 games), other than that, all gamers must legitimately trade.

(Yes, I will participate in my own challenge)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey, that seems pretty fresh. I like it a lot. I could easily do it too, I trade with myself all the time. lol Though I ain't got the time for it. I know I get annoyed when those traded Pokemon don't listen too, haha. But yeah, I really like that idea. :)

Enigma

Years
I would participate in that challenge. It sounds a little too easy, even if you have the one Master Contest that you have to complete. Pokemon that disobey don't do it all the time, and if they do, they usually just use a random move. Give your pokemon all attacks that do damage (ex. not moves like Toxic or Reflect) and overlevel them, and it should be a pretty easy game.
I almost thought that having pokemon assigned by other people was a good idea, with the twist being that those assigners would be like the OT of the pokemon. I think that would take too long, though, especially for those that want six pokemon, or those that want to get started immediately.

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
Thank you. Plus, it's perfect for those who like teaching Frustration/Return >:D I was playing through HG before starting my Mono challenge with only the Pokemon given to me through events (Cyndaquil, Togepi, Eevee, etc.) and thought 'Why are they registered under my name if people basically gave them to me? I didn't catch them in battle, so they aren't really mine!" lol ^_^

Enigma

Years
Too easy or not, I would definitely still post up the challenge. It's a simple concept, but a great one nevertheless. :P
Speaking of which, I have so many challenges that I want to do right now, it's crazy trying to decide which one to do. I did my last challenge in two days, starting yesterday and completing today. I'm full of ultimate challenges right now as well...hmm.

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
I would participate in that challenge. It sounds a little too easy, even if you have the one Master Contest that you have to complete. Pokemon that disobey don't do it all the time, and if they do, they usually just use a random move. Give your pokemon all attacks that do damage (ex. not moves like Toxic or Reflect) and overlevel them, and it should be a pretty easy game.
I almost thought that having pokemon assigned by other people was a good idea, with the twist being that those assigners would be like the OT of the pokemon. I think that would take too long, though, especially for those that want six pokemon, or those that want to get started immediately.

Yeah. If you think about it, with over leveling and the right moveset, the game could go pretty quickly. Then again I like a quick game. I find grinding tedious so I wouldn't battle until I was 10+ levels over Clair or something. However, if you combine it with say... monotyping, or only baby Pokemon, etc. it could be challenging. (Though I could have leveled 10+ for Clair even with my Sunny Day-Solar Beam Typhlosion, Magmar, and Vulpix -_-;;. *doesn't want to remember Lorelei in FR T_T*

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I beg to differ about difficulty. I traded a Tyrogue to Diamond for a challenge once, and it fainted itself in battle all the time from disobeying. v_v

Enigma

Years
I guess that I'd have to say that difficulty varies with the different experiences people have while playing a game. My Mr. Mime in my Yellow challenge never fainted from disobeying. I would have to mention that it'd also depends on what Pokemon you use, since Mr. Mime's special was high (since both specials were the same thing).
So, I guess that if someone wants to make this more challenging, they can use whatever pokemon they desire, and the same applies if you just want a quick challenge to brag to your friends about. xP

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
It seems like if you're just really really careful you can do this easily. First few gyms they wouldn't obey, but if you did have 6 Pokemon, they wouldn't have to be as highly leveled.

(I'd still do it though)

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Are you allowed to trade mulitple pokemon (as in more then 6) because i would do it on White, and like every 2 routes I would substitute one of my pokemon (randomly) and pick a random pokemon to substitute it with the same lvl and legit moves. (and a diffrent OT of course)

Which leads me to this.

The Replacement Challenge
[song] Todd and Riley were oh so sad, then they came cross a Pokesav. Then they obtained an DS Game and a Emulator so rad. Now after every 3 routes the pick a Pokemon to have. [/song]

Yeah I refrenced a Child's show, come at me bro.

Basicly in this challenge after every 3 routes you replace one of your pokemon (randomly) with another Pokemon (again random) Confuse here's an example.

After I beat Falkner on Heart Gold I have a team of Pidgey, Cyndaquil, Bellsprout, Geodude, Zubat and Beedrill. And with the the use of a RNG it picks 4, the 4th pokemon on my team is Geodude so I replace that. Then the RNG picks 266 so I add Silcoon to my party.

You MUST have 6 Pokemon in your team so you wont have an easy time Soloing. I honestly think this is a good challenge because say you have a pokemon you really like or a Pokemon that can easily beat a gym, and BAM you get a pokemon you dislike/ pokemon who sucks against the gym.

I recomend playing on a Emulator for Easy acess to the Pokemon. If you dont use an Emulator, use the PC from one of your other games (AI I have 50 pokemon from the PC on SS so I use the RNG to choose that) and breed the pokemon / train it to the proper level.

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
Are you allowed to trade mulitple pokemon (as in more than 6), because I would do it on White, and like every 2 routes I would substitute one of my pokemon (randomly) and pick a random pokemon to substitute it with the same lvl and legit moves. (and a diffrent OT of course)

You can trade in as many as you want, but you'll want to keep a regular team that you'll use for the majority of your game (for simplicity's sake I suppose). However, if you want to change Pokemon because one or two just aren't working for you, then yes, you can trade in as long as they're lvl 5 and under a different OT. I'm going to play it on White myself, but I'm adding the unevolved/baby challenge to the mix.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
IMO not a hard challenge at all. Even if you could only use one egg group, groups like Humanshape have access to Magmar, Electabuzz, Jynx, Machoke, and Alakazam. That's a pretty nice team right there. Egg group challenge would just be another one of those challenges that selects a set of Pokemon you can use. We're trying to stay away from that.

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
Egg group challenges are very easy, like myrrhman said. Plus, it would be too close to a Monotype challenge since some Pokemon in the same egg group usually share 1 or 2 typings. BTW, I created the thread for my challenge this morning. I'm just wondering whether you all are in the process of giving your "Yea" or "Nay"? Unless you're filtering through the dozens of other challenges looking for the good/decent ones? lol

Enigma

Years
The egg group challenge sounds a little easy, unless you mixed it up a little. Like having a party of 6, and your pokemon must altogether belong to 12 different groups (similar to the 12 type challenge). That would be a challenge I would gladly participate in.

I just finished my Duospecies run for the 2nd gen on Crystal. Just gotta do Emerald and a 4th gen game, and I'm done. I could probably finish by tomorrow....

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Me! Me!

Maybe something where you go through the whole game with pokemon that can't evolve.

example: you say you want six pokemon from the hoenn region:

Absol
Sableye
Mawile
Plusle
Volbeat
Torkoal

No picking pairs, plusle and minun together is not allowed, Illumise and Volbeat together is not allowed, that's just to make it harder ;)
also, the next poster is the one that picks your pokemon for you.

I am going to start this thread myself.

Enigma

Years
Me! Me!

Maybe something where you go through the whole game with pokemon that can't evolve.

example: you say you want six pokemon from the hoenn region:

Absol
Sableye
Mawile
Plusle
Volbeat
Torkoal

No picking pairs, plusle and minun together is not allowed, Illumise and Volbeat together is not allowed, that's just to make it harder ;)
also, the next poster is the one that picks your pokemon for you.

I am going to start this thread myself.

Pretty sure that this is the same thing as the No Family challenge, which we already have. :/

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see it anywhere on the first page, so maybe you could just recreate that one? (if everyone else actually wants to do that challenge)

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah it's been done before, minus the 'no pairs' restriction. I mean, I'd do it, but then again, some of my favorite Pokemon don't evolve (Lapras, Heracross, Sableye, Spiritomb). Also, if you do the no pairs thing, the already limited selection of Pokemon is further edited down. I think its fine if you end up getting pairs/counterparts, only a couple are like the same type (Plusle/Minun, Volbeat/Illumise and Solrock/Lunatone). I really don't see why you would need to take out Pokemon if they have a counterpart.

Enigma

Years
I'd probably do it, since I never had the chance to do the No Family Challenge. I do have to agree though, the no pairs thing is kind of pointless. You wouldn't have much diversity anyway if you did use a pair.
My Personality Challenge is finally getting off to a start, if anyone wants me to assign them a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back