• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could choose only one game...

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Did you ever get a Gold Symbol in any of the arenas? I never really explored that Battle Frontier because I never owned Emerald, I had borrowed it from a friend. Now I'm curious! :P
No actually! I only managed to get that one Silver Symbol at the Pike, the rest was too hard. Admittedly, when I was younger I didn't have the greatest teams and I didn't understand how proper teambuilding worked. I'm actually planning to take on the Battle Frontier someday, I'm slowly gathering Pokémon from all my Gen III games and EV training them. But it's taking so long; no wonder Emerald felt endless to me!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
I mean it's basically the same for when your leader is Lv. 100, one-shotting legendaries is easy, so I usually don't bring anyone else.

Really? I was sure that's the thing I was seeking in Joyous Tower. I kept stealing stuff from Kecleon, but I also remember I was trying to recruit more Eevee to evolve them. I actually re-bought the game because of these discussions smh
Ya, if you're trying to recruit Legendaries, its always a good idea to go alone & not recruit any other Pokemon en route.

The Kecleon Shops 'may' have a chance of having the Friend Bow for sale in the Joyous Tower, but its very very rare. And moreover, why pay when you can get it for free in Mr. Faraway, all you need is a key.

I'd probably pick Black 2/White 2, but maybe tied with Black/White since Unova is always where my heart lies as far as region design and appreciation goes. I always loved the aesthetic of the region and it would definitely be the region I want to be most revisited in a future remake.
Unova is definitely a good region design-wise & has a good gameplay too. Wouldn't mind playing Black/White over & over.

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
Gotta be Emerald for me, it's my favourite Pokemon game of all time and I love everything about it. I find the game timeless and still play it to this day, I won't go in to detail about why I love it so much as I've done many times before on PC but the only choice for me is Emerald.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I'd probably pick Black 2/White 2, but maybe tied with Black/White since Unova is always where my heart lies as far as region design and appreciation goes. I always loved the aesthetic of the region and it would definitely be the region I want to be most revisited in a future remake.
Does BW or BW2 have more postgame content? They come in play a lot if you're going to be stuck with that one single game :P Which area did you spend the most time?
No actually! I only managed to get that one Silver Symbol at the Pike, the rest was too hard. Admittedly, when I was younger I didn't have the greatest teams and I didn't understand how proper teambuilding worked. I'm actually planning to take on the Battle Frontier someday, I'm slowly gathering Pokémon from all my Gen III games and EV training them. But it's taking so long; no wonder Emerald felt endless to me!
IV and EV in the first few Gens are such a pain, those kind of Battles were always too hard for me. Only my Zangoose could go on a winning streak, it had a Naughty Nature and one-shotted basically anything that wasn't a Rock or Steel Type! But that was in Sapphire, in the Battle Tower. I never spent enough time in Emerald's Battle Frontier to even see a Symbol! I don't think I was good in any of the Arenas so I just gave up pretty early
Gotta be Emerald for me, it's my favourite Pokemon game of all time and I love everything about it. I find the game timeless and still play it to this day, I won't go in to detail about why I love it so much as I've done many times before on PC but the only choice for me is Emerald.
I won't go through all your post of Emerald love, but since I'm on the subject with BlazingCobaltX, did you enjoy the Battle Frontier?

Years
Does BW or BW2 have more postgame content? They come in play a lot if you're going to be stuck with that one single game :P Which area did you spend the most time?

I'd say B2/W2's. I did a lot of the postgame stuff, until my copy went corrupt that was.

Years
=Soapyyy;9722044
I won't go through all your post of Emerald love, but since I'm on the subject with BlazingCobaltX, did you enjoy the Battle Frontier?

I adore the Battle Frontier in Emerald, it's definitely my favourite BF that's existed in a Pokemon Game, I've spent countless hours there.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I'd say B2/W2's. I did a lot of the postgame stuff, until my copy went corrupt that was.
Mind if I ask how it got corrupted? D:
I adore the Battle Frontier in Emerald, it's definitely my favourite BF that's existed in a Pokemon Game, I've spent countless hours there.
What's your favourite arena? Did you ever win Symbols?

Years
What's your favourite arena? Did you ever win Symbols?

My favourite was probably either the Battle Factory or Dome, but I really enjoyed every facility. And yeah I probably won about 4 medals altogether, it's a shame I was never able to conquer the Frontier though.

Years
Crystal. The animated sprites have such a big charm to them, and the game itself feels so fast since you're able to go through Kanto too. I think it's my most replayed Pokémon game to date and I never seem to get bored of it. I can't live without you, Crystal <3

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Crystal. The replay value is insanely high and I love everything about it. God I love that game so much <3 I wish it would come to the eshop along with Gold and Silver, but GS are just as good, imo. But Crystal... I seriously could max out the game's play time three times over...

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
Pokemon Crystal! I love second gen and Crystal is my favorite of the second gen games. Although Explorers of Sky would be really nice, too...

NoMoreStars

Trying
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 3, 2024
Man... Tbh, I'd have to go with Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. As much as I love the main series games, they just don't compare to the how much I love Explorers of Sky. I can play that game over and over again and still not get tired of it. Plus I get burnt out of the main series games too quickly and get bored, whereas in Explorers of Sky there is such a wealth of content in that game that I never find myself getting bored with it. I guess it makes sense considering it's one of my favorite video games of all time.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Crystal. The animated sprites have such a big charm to them, and the game itself feels so fast since you're able to go through Kanto too. I think it's my most replayed Pokémon game to date and I never seem to get bored of it. I can't live without you, Crystal <3
Crystal. The replay value is insanely high and I love everything about it. God I love that game so much <3 I wish it would come to the eshop along with Gold and Silver, but GS are just as good, imo. But Crystal... I seriously could max out the game's play time three times over...
Pokemon Crystal! I love second gen and Crystal is my favorite of the second gen games. Although Explorers of Sky would be really nice, too...
I agree! Crystal also holds a special place in my heart because I could finally play as a girl! I never got tired of trying to complete my Pokédex, even if it was impossible due to lack of friends to trade with... I remember just finishing the game then restarting it with a new team so many times <3
probably either original sapphire or moon

Any particular reasons why? I love Sapphire but why not Emerald or ORAS?

Reactions: noa
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 17, 2019
I agree! Crystal also holds a special place in my heart because I could finally play as a girl! I never got tired of trying to complete my Pokédex, even if it was impossible due to lack of friends to trade with... I remember just finishing the game then restarting it with a new team so many times <3

Any particular reasons why? I love Sapphire but why not Emerald or ORAS?

sapphire was such a drastic difference from silver (my previous fav) color wise and it had a lot of my favorite pokemon that generation ALSO THE CONTEST.

i never played emerald and yes i LOVED oras but sapphire is more nostalgic for me

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
sapphire was such a drastic difference from silver (my previous fav) color wise and it had a lot of my favorite pokemon that generation ALSO THE CONTEST.

i never played emerald and yes i LOVED oras but sapphire is more nostalgic for me

I agree, I feel like the contests had more charm in the Original than ORAS. Maybe it's just because now I know how it works ^-^;
I really liked the sprites and general look of the game, I was disappointed it did not have a night cycle, however :(

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Black 2 and White 2. Best games of the series. I can play these as much as i want. Best story and postgame ever.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2022
Alpha sapphire ... emerald used to be my favorite game but I just absolutely love the rework, it quickly became my favorite ...
Secret bases, contests or just flying around on Latias. I sometimes find myself just flying around on Latias not really doing anything for hours XD

Back