• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that you barely remember exist!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Like I said in my previous post post in the 'Your interest in the franchise right now', I fucking love Pokemon. But even hardcore fans like me can't remember literally all 802 and counting creatures it has given us. So what are some of those critters who just slip under your mind?

For me it's Hippowdon. Has it ever had any relevance to the games, like has it been an ace for a gym or anything? Maybe not. It's also hideously ugly too, so that's another reason why I've never bothered to keep it my mind. It doesn't offer anything new from other Ground mons too, so that combined with the above reasons means that I'll probably never use it over other Grounds. I guess having Sand stream means that it's kinda useful in competitive but I don't play competive. So yeah, Hippowdon is easily the most forgettable and obscure mon, in my eyes.

Other than that, I dunno. Maybe there are more but I actually did forget their existence lol. Though in a recent example, I actually totally forgot Unown's existence, until I saw someone use it in a nuzrun and had it die. I don't think I've ever seen someone use an Unown before, let alone have it die, so that must be how I forgot about until then, so I guess that makes it another forgotten one here lol. So what are some mons you occasionally forget over time?

pkmin3033

I frequently forget that Shelmet and Karrablast exist...and which one evolves into what.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Probably most Pokemon from gens 4, 5 and 7. I'm not really familiar with those generations.

Like there's a lot of Pokemon from gen 4 and 5 who I couldn't tell you if they were from 4 or 5. Like for example Tepig, Oshawott, Cherubi, Sewaddle, Petitil, Kricketot, Karrablast, the fossil Pokemon from whichever one has fossil Pokemon....

I'm pretty familiar with gens 1-3 and 6 Pokemon that I can tell which gen all of those Pokemon are. And obviously I know which Pokemon are 7 since they aren't in gen 6 games. But I don't know most of the 7 Pokemon.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
A lot of gen VI and some from Gen V. Gen VI because I never played that one, Gen V because it introduced so many Pok?mon that some just never registered properly. Durant is an example.

Last edited:
Years
I just took a quick scroll through the Pokedex, and kind of forgot that Chingling was a thing. I remember James having a Chimecho in the anime, but he left it behind before Sinnoh was even introduced.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
What was its name again?

Carnivine. Even though it a Pokemon of my favourite type (Grass) I always keep forgetting about this Pokemon so much so that when playing through X I thought it was a new Pokemon. It doesn't help that nobody seems to use it.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Whenever asked to recall pokemon i don't remember well, I always go on to Serebii and start searching through the pokemon list for pokemon that make me stop and say "Oh yeah! That was a pokemon!" This is a list of all the pokemon I did that reaction for.

Purloin and Liepard, Skrelp and Dragalgae, Chatot, Pidove, Tranquill, and Unfezant, Woobat, and Swoobat, Ducklett and Swanna, Yamask and Cofagrigus, Carnivine, Chespin, Qulladin, and Chesnaught, Skiddo and Gogoat, Tympole, Palpitoad, and Seismitoad, Bergmite and Avalugg, Patrat and Watchog, Bouffalant, Binacle and Barbaracle, Buizel and Floatzel, Basculin, Clauncher and Clawitzer.

I'm actually surprised how many I forgot about after reviewing the entire pokedex...

Bioses

Bloodthirsty Warrior
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 13, 2017
Maractus. I forget this one till I saw this name in this thread lol.

Years
Burmy, the Klink line (especially Klang since I had to look up it's name), Bergmite, Dewpider and Toxapex(I keep thinking that Toxapex and Mareanie are one of the same)

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
Both Heatmor and Durant seem to escape my mind constantly since I've never used them and they're not so memorable in my opinion. Same goes for Stantler. While reading this thread I also remembered that Bouffalant is a pokemon too - oh well. It's not that I'd dislike it or anything, sometimes I just forget.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Like a few others here, I just took a quick through the Pok?dex and the Golett/Golurk line stood out as Pok?mon I've never used or remember much about.

Back