• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The New Professor Speculation

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
As far as tree names go, I could see Willow, Maple, or Cedar being pretty commonplace tree names that would make sense as a name.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'm hoping for a young, female prof, that happens to be friendly.
or a young, male prof that happens to be not so friendly. Most of the professors kinda' baby you throughout the game so I think having a stingy one that doesn't really like his/her job much might be kinda refreshing.

I really doubt they would have a negative professor. It's just not in the spirit of Pokemon.

The closest you'd get is someone like Rowan who appears stern but generally a nice person.

Personally I'm hoping for Professor Hickory. Also I think it would be interesting if the professor wasn't super knowledgeable for a change. (still knowledgeable but not on the respected level of the others) It could be they just recently got the position.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I agree @ the mean professor thing. :( Unless they're secretly for the evil team I honestly don't see why they'd be mean given that they're meant to be helping you and they're meant to enjoy their job otherwise new trainers aren't inspired!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm hoping the proffesor is young, maybe (s)he is your rival's older sibling. Thus far only Green/Blue, and May or Brandon (depending on which player you chose) have been related to the professor by blood.

However the other rivals seem to have a connection with the professor such as assisting them in their research (Bianca), or tagging along to help them stop the evil team (Pearl), or stealing from them and only apologizing later.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm hoping the proffesor is young, maybe (s)he is your rival's older sibling. Thus far only Green/Blue, and May or Brandon (depending on which player you chose) have been related to the professor by blood.

However the other rivals seem to have a connection with the professor such as assisting them in their research (Bianca), or tagging along to help them stop the evil team (Pearl), or stealing from them and only apologizing later.
What if the protagonist were to be related to the new professor instead?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

I'd certainly be a refresher than the classic bloodlines that tie the professor to our rivals~ Maybe the new professor, in that regard, would give the protagonist more "perks" or something? Although, I'd doubt that since... pokemon professors are rarely biased, haha.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years

That'd definitely be a nice change, but I doubt it'd have any real bearing on how the games played out. I mean, Gary/Blue/Green/Whatever you want to call him was treated worse than the protagonist in RBY.

Back