• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Ch. 35 - The Unnecessarily Surreal City - Pokémon Choice Quest 2

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Something's kinda weird about the disaster that ravaged this place... Judging from the fissures, it almost seems as if a certain Ground-type troublemaker might have caused it. D:

Anyway, those tall buildings are intriguing! Let's go with #2.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Another one week delay, true. I'm sure bad at fulfilling promises I made. Maybe I shouldn't have done that in the first place, eh?

Knowing that the days of tests is now over, at least in here, there's nothing that's going to bar me from doing anything, or when my time is soon ridden with responsibilities in the near future. The idea is still there, and I still want to continue. Up until somebody wants to take over for me, should I think I can no longer do it or deem myself unfit. Often times, the amount of votes has its ups and downs. Sometimes there's a lot, sometimes it's just the same select few that still shows interest. Can really admit that I'm sort of worried if "it" might happen again, which I'm trying my best to prevent, sparing some time for it and not to think it as a compulsive chore.

Well, while encouraged, this is by no means I'm enforcing people to do what I want them to do. After all, they're free to enjoy doing anything they want. It's just me speaking my mind from what I can currently see, so please don't really think too deeply of it. It might break the mood, for some that I know, but I'm sure I can't get around to cover the truth. Best thing I can do is to accept and bear with it, because I won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Now that I've had enough rambling, time to proceed once more. Dear Arceus, I might need to do an overhaul soon.

Now, what?
  1. ► Head to the Caterpie Terminal and take the southern route. - 5 Votes
  2. Travel through a series of tall buildings to reach the northern route. - 1 Vote
  3. Use Cuddles to Bounce through the debris and take the western route. - 1 Vote
  4. Call Chansey out. She might be lying about several things. - (Don't you feel a talking Pokémon seems to be out of place?)

Pokémon
iIalld2.png
Cuddles (Wailmer) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

229MS.png
Houndoom (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Smog, Destiny Bond

Inventory
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
×4
Poké Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
×3
Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Key Items
4marJqs.png
Casteliacone...? An ice cream received from a man in orange suit. It glows a radiant purple hue.

Bag_Lustrous_Orb_Sprite.png
Mysterious Orb A translucent sphere found inside the grotto near Shanama Town. What purpose could it serve?

Bag_Old_Rod_VI_Sprite.png
Old Rod Claimed to have been used valiantly by a certain Trainer of the past. Ordinary looking but durable.

Deaths: 1​
Chapter 23: A Dark Downstairs

Following the directions given by the talking Chansey, you decide that the easiest shortcut is just to take a free ride to the east. You return a few blocks from where you are and arrive at a big Caterpie monument. The way it stands, you feel a sense of familiarity with another statue you may have seen before. There wasn't any inscription found on the structure, but the image is clear to you; this is unmistakably the Caterpie Terminal itself.

You can only hear the resounding steps of your own, strolling the empty lobby with lights staying unfazed across the ceilings. It's apparent that no one is around, or at least that's what you thought when you hear a faint chuckle somewhere. In attempt of discerning the source, you turn right to see a one-way staircase that descends deeper to the underground level, completely pitch-black that it's nigh impossible to see through the veil of darkness just with naked eyes.

"This path is off-limits, enter at your own peril." it reads on the authoritative sign panel placed on the thick partition of the stairs. That seems weird coming from a public service facility, if they know it's dangerous, why the path wasn't sealed? This might or might not be the path you're looking for to proceed, though maybe it's only your instinctive sense, you can feel the danger lingering inside. Yet the curiosity goes in you; what this place is trying to hide from you?

The Casteliacone is bright enough for you to see, however. Where to go?
  1. Turn your back and keep going to find the train you're looking for. Let's not stray too far into the unknown and find the exit quickly.
  2. Fearlessly brace yourself for what is hidden inside the end of the staircase. You have Cuddles to cover for you, after all.
  3. Stick to the path you came from and proceed to follow the light. Screw this darkness.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Whoaaa, I have a feeling this is giong to be a lot darker very fast. Literally.

2. You got me curious there. And can I say how much I love how our Casteliacone actually acts as a key item around here? Good thing we haven't eaten it. ;]

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Whoaaa, I have a feeling this is going to be a lot darker very fast. Literally.

2. You got me curious there. And can I say how much I love how our Casteliacone actually acts as a key item around here? Good thing we haven't eaten it. ;]
Well, it's dark for a reason. We don't really have Flash to do it the traditional way, so it's all about trying to see what works and what doesn't in practicality. :heh:

I guess it's because forcing the character to eat the ice cream "for the lulz" might be a tad niche choice for a game over. The idea itself wasn't really planned in the first place too, so I'm also glad that somehow somebody noticed it.

Anyway, it's time, once again.

The Casteliacone is bright enough for you to see, however. Where to go?
  1. Turn your back and keep going to find the train you're looking for. Let's not stray too far into the unknown and find the exit quickly. - 1 Vote
  2. ► Fearlessly brace yourself for what is hidden inside the end of the staircase. You have Cuddles to cover for you, after all. - 6 Votes (Courageous people.)
  3. Stick to the path you came from and proceed to follow the light. Screw this darkness.

Pokémon
iIalld2.png
Cuddles (Wailmer) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

229MS.png
Houndoom (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Smog, Destiny Bond

Inventory
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
×4
Poké Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
×3
Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Key Items
4marJqs.png
Casteliacone...? An ice cream received from a man in orange suit. It glows a radiant purple hue.

Bag_Lustrous_Orb_Sprite.png
Mysterious Orb A translucent sphere found inside the grotto near Shanama Town. What purpose could it serve?

Bag_Old_Rod_VI_Sprite.png
Old Rod Claimed to have been used valiantly by a certain Trainer of the past. Ordinary looking but durable.

Deaths: 1​
Chapter 24: Inside the Terminal

Nothing seems to be more scarier than becoming paranoid of something you might be missing out. Therefore, you send out your Wailmer, Cuddles, to stay on guard as you try opening the bag to reach for the Casteliacone. It's weird to think that this glowing ice cream could actually function some utility, but pushing the thought aside, you watch yourself from tripping by descending the stairs, one tap of a step at a time.

Not long after, you find yourself standing on a flat surface, wide enough to signal Cuddles to slide through the stairs. It wasn't really a smooth one to bump continuously, but such thing doesn't really affect Cuddles from backing down his curiosity now. Turning your back, in front of you is an open entrance where the air could be felt inside. To find out, you take the lead to enter the new area within.

Upon making your way inside, you hoist the Casteliacone to lit up your surroundings. The walls look rough and dense. Moss-covered support columns broadens the site. Metallic rails similar to a train railway stands still on the tiled flooring. It appears to be another part of the terminal that is evidently old in age, but knowingly prohibited by those who operate the place. It's what you are about to find out, after all, so turning back won't be a choice here.

The path ahead is the same, until its complex nature starts to fork into three different directions; to the left, to the right, and center. Cuddles wriggles onward and faces to the left, thinking that you should be taking that path. Yet, the similar chuckling echoes from the right, reverberating to a gradual stop. It might be more appropriate to track down the source of the voice, but what of the other two?

Ultimately, you are to decide where to go. Which path do you choose?
  1. Follow Cuddles' lead to the left.
  2. I don't think so, Cuddles. The right path had to be the right one.
  3. Let's ignore the two paths and keep walking to the center.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Oh man, I have a feeling that Cuddles can sense something off about this place. These choices are pretty eerie!

I'm so curious about that voice, though... I choose #2! After all, as long as Cuddles is by our side, we have nothing to fear! ...Right?

Last edited:

The Blue Froakster

A Blue Water-type
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Sep 9, 2021
can this have another option?

If not, then no. 1
If yes, then Send out "Houndoom" and see where he goes..

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
2. Not sure if it's actually the right one, but I'm curious to find out more about that ominous voice.

Well, it's dark for a reason. We don't really have Flash to do it the traditional way, so it's all about trying to see what works and what doesn't in practicality. :heh:

I guess it's because forcing the character to eat the ice cream "for the lulz" might be a tad niche choice for a game over. The idea itself wasn't really planned in the first place too, so I'm also glad that somehow somebody noticed it.

Improvisation at its finest! Reminds me of the days when we were capturing Pokémon with a butterfly net. xD

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I'm gonna follow Cuddles' instinct. There's gotta be a reason why he was always so suspicious, right? :D

#1!

Back