• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Z legendary

Years
(Just a prediction on what it might be)We all know that there are X&Y chromosomes. There are also Z chromosomes found in Chickens, turkeys and moths. Now since we know that the game is based in france, and France is a European country and In european mythology,there is a mythical chicken called a cockatrice. So the Z legendary might be some thing like this. Also since it's two things a chicken it could support the (Apparent) DNA theme in this gen. . I also found this, Arthur Fox-Davies describes the cockatrice as "comparatively rare" in heraldry.[9]It was the heraldic beast of the Langleys of Agecroft Hall in Lancashire, England as far back as the 14th century.[10]. From what I can tell it's a european myth tho. Also A cockatrice is a mythical beast, essentially a two-legged dragon with a rooster's head. Described by Laurence Breiner as "an ornament in the drama and poetry of the Elizabethans", it featured prominently in English thought and myth for centuries. Site:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockatrice .I know somebodys gonna say, Something like the games based in france. Well France and England had wars against eachother. So they have history with eachother, and I could see game freak having a few pokemon that are based of animals that live in England to.So IWhat do you think about this?

Last edited:

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
To be honest. I haven't thought this far into things. I will be happy to play the games. And Nintendo will surprise me along the way. :)
Don't psyche yourself out about it. Everything will be brought to light all in good time friend. :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
There are rumors of a Z legendary being a Poison/Rock Snake so it could happen.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
What you say is a good thing but it'll not be done in these games. There could be another version named Pokémon Z the sequel for X and Y. Coming to the story of that it may not be like Mewtwo's but a totally different one like it was in the case of Rayquaza and Giratina.

Years
No I changed it. I got the creature wrong. It was a cockatric. Re read the thread now, after my current changes please.

Last edited:
Years
Z seems like the most likely "third game" but who knows, everybody predicted Pokemon Grey for last generation and they came out with Black 2 and White 2.

Years
No I changed it. I got the creature wrong. It was a cockatric. Re read the thread now, after my current changes please.

Z seems like the most likely "third game" but who knows, everybody predicted Pokemon Grey for last generation and they came out with Black 2 and White 2.

Kyreum was the gray legendary even tho gray didn't get made. It was the third of that trio. Black polemon white pokemon so kyreum was Gray.

Years
Kyreum was the gray legendary even tho gray didn't get made. It was the third of that trio. Black polemon white pokemon so kyreum was Gray.

The third legendary hasn't even come out yet... However your theory is an interesting one, I didn't know about "Z Chromosomes" until I read this thread, I guess I learn something new everyday.

Years
The third legendary hasn't even come out yet... However your theory is an interesting one, I didn't know about "Z Chromosomes" until I read this thread, I guess I learn something new everyday.

Exactly, now I'm not saying that this is 100% gonna be the third legendary. It just makes the most logical sense.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
There's also the W chromosome that goes with the Z chromosome. And I believe I read somewhere that there's a O sex chromosome too...If they do sequels they could do WZ opposed to X2Y2.

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
Actually heraldry may have inspired the legendary pokemon in X and Y. Xerneas looks a lot like Stag(symbol of peace) and Yvetal(symbol.of valor) resembles a Wyvern. So a Cockatrice doesn't seem too far off.

Years
In gen 3, the weather trio have different places, groudon walks, kyorge swims, rayquaza flies
==> gen 6, xerneas walks, yvetal flies, so the Z legendary will swim, or at least in some way connected with water
Also, xerneas is blue like kyorge, yvetal is red like groudon, so the Z legendary may be green like rayquaza. But who knows, maybe the Z legendary will be yellow or purple,...... X.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Although you made a great case, and by all means I'm not discounting this, but, most of the things we have seen are based off of Norse mythology. So, I wouldn't count on this but it is possible I suppose. You did do some amazing research.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Whatever the two mascot legendaries are based off of, whether it be Norse Mythology(which I believe in), DNA, Axes, etc. there always seems to be a third allegorical element/object that can obviously depict a potential "Z" legendary.

It's almost likely that there will be one, but a Pokemon Z? Well, after Black 2 and White 2, who knows what GF would do next with Kalos; whether it be a sequel, a third installment, or nothing. It's pretty unpredictable.

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
Years
Being that there seems to be a Life/Death motif with Xerneas (the Life Pokémon) and Yveltal (the Destruction Pokémon), it's possible the Z Pokémon will have something to do with that. Also, nobody seems to have noticed the math based reference among these two Pokémon, in that Xerneas seems to represent the X-axis (hence why it walks on the ground, if you think of that as the X-axis), and Yveltal represents the Y-axis (hence why it flys in the air). Being that it's on the only system with 3D capabilities, the third Legendary probably will be some profound representation of the Z-axis (seeing as how that represents depth, perhaps the legendary will be in the ocean, which is all I can really think of as being able to represent depth :P). But, I suppose we'll find out as the games draw closer.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Being that there seems to be a Life/Death motif with Xerneas (the Life Pokémon) and Yveltal (the Destruction Pokémon), it's possible the Z Pokémon will have something to do with that. Also, nobody seems to have noticed the math based reference among these two Pokémon, in that Xerneas seems to represent the X-axis (hence why it walks on the ground, if you think of that as the X-axis), and Yveltal represents the Y-axis (hence why it flys in the air). Being that it's on the only system with 3D capabilities, the third Legendary probably will be some profound representation of the Z-axis (seeing as how that represents depth, perhaps the legendary will be in the ocean, which is all I can really think of as being able to represent depth :P). But, I suppose we'll find out as the games draw closer.
LOl we have noticed that. It was one of the first things people (including myself) pointed out about the names. Though the DNA theme naming seems to have taken over...
Also W and O could also fit the Dimensional theme naming as W can stand for the fourth dimension and O is usually used to mark the origin.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I feel as if we're going to get another Rayquaza-type third legend. That being, a third legend that is the master of the other two. Seems like being between life and death (or outside it) is pretty good reason to be "above" what represents those two things, and the Z-axis being "beyond" x and y adds to that for me. I could be totally wrong but I don't think we'll get another Kyurem/Giratina deal here.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2015
ok if there is gona be a Z legendary I hope it dosen't be a snake pokemon like the legend in Emreald

Back