• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Of Gods and Mortals (Rating PG-14 and higher)[Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
Apologies, everyone, I'm dropping out of this RP. Nothing against you all, just stuff I can't control.

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
Years
I'd like to make a note on Wolf Godess' latest post. It makes no sense.

She holds out her sword and it stops fire. What? It doesn't make sense that she can be invulnerable to the only thing able to kill vampires. I mean, really, is there a point to the rpg if she does that? Humans can no longer stand up to her, so what are us mortal characters supposed to do?

This requires correction, I think!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Whew, finally made my first IC post. Sorry for being absent everyone, (I'm supposed to take care of this RP after all...<_<) but I've had a lot of things to do. Won't happen again thought, I'm watching it like a hawk from here on out.

Tara14241

Only talent: Geekiness
Years
Name: Tara Stevens (her name is a psudomym)
Speicies: Half Vampire, Half Human
Appearance:
Avy.jpg

Personality: She is bored easily, and sees the lower vampires as lower than scum and will sometimes go after the higher vampires, to satisfy her need for a challenge. She is on her own side, neither working for the vampires, nor for the humans.
Past: She never knew her parents, but some say her father could only be Dracula himself as she is very strong. She was found on the doorstep and was used by a family of humans as a slave laborer, until she got fed up and killed the family. A while later, she was betrayed as well by a Vampire, so her own hatred are displayed equally.
Other: She has the abilities(if too powerful, just tell me; I'm using some of the same abilities as seen on Hellsing)to teleport by appearing to melt into darkness, to travel through walls, and a regenitive ability that allows her to regenerate even if all's left is a pile of gore, as well as a higher level of strength (she can lift no more than 50-100 lbs without breaking a sweat), and she can endure 3 days of non-stop sunlight, 7 days in and out of sunlight without weakening. Her weapons are a .9mm baretta, loaded with blessed silver bullets and a sword which is made of pure blessed silver and the hilt is made of an aluminum alloy.
Rp Sample:

The red moon shown behind her as she walked on. She could easily melt into darkness and teleport, but she felt like walking. The night was beautiful and she felt it was meant to be enjoyed like she was enjoying it by walking. She knew that she was hungry and there was only one way to fulfill her hunger-- by drinking human blood. She found a homeless old man and drank his blood and as she did, a gun was pressed against her temple and she kept drinking.

The hammer of the pistol hit and the report could be heard for blocks, but no one was around to hear it. The person who had fired walked away, muttering about "weak vampires" as a laugh was heard and the blood and gore that was her head reformed and she stood up.

"You thought one lousy bullet would kill me, human?" she asked with a toothy smile, revealing her enlongated incisors.

"This isn't possible!" the human shouted in terror as he walked back.

"Apparently, I beg to differ," she said, revealing a sadistic smile that was very creepy.

Screaming was heard for city blocks before dying out and all was quiet. Tara walked away, smiling as two carcasses laid on the ground.

"Not the best I've had and certainly not the worst," she stated to herself as she walked away into the night.

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
Years
Alright people, here?s the thing: there is no point for me to continue this rpg. Oh, and, before I begin, Gogo did give me consent to kill his character as well.

We fought Wolf, and it ended up being?well, not even a fight, more of a massacre. It?s not my place to say whether it was a fair battle or not, but I certainly believe it to be totally ridiculous in its own right. First of all, she held up her sword and halted flames, but that won?t be discussed because she kindly removed that segment. Instead, her character merely hopped away from the jet of fire. Okay, that?s cool, no problem.

Then, Gogo fires at her with two guns, one of which was a high velocity machine pistol, and she dodges every bullet. Now, I?m no expert on vampire speeds, but that seems like nonsense, no matter how much faster then a human she is.

That seemed a bit weird and annoying, so I pulled out all the stops. I never expected her to be killed, I was sure her character could escape, I mean, it wouldn?t be FAIR to place someone?s character in a position where they have alternatives, right? In fact, to put the odds against my favor even more, I fixed it so that the attack would completely deplete my bikes power supply, leaving me stranded after I had done it. I then proceeded to fire a cylindrical cone of fire that reached a diameter of something like ten feet before it even got to where Wolf was.

But hey, who says a diameter of ten feet fired directly parallel to the ground reaches the floor right? Certainly not the laws of physics. So she ducks and comes out unscathed. We?re done for.

Again, it?s not my place to say if the fight was fair or not, but there just wasn?t any alternative. Myself and Gogo couldn?t run away; she?d catch us easily and Zen had no power or gas. We couldn?t fight; two mortals fighting a vampire would be a most one-sided battle, and, of course, guns didn?t affect her and her pseudo-physics. So the only way to resolve this with a scrap of pride left was to use Zen?s self destruct mechanism. So yeah, we?re dead.

I don?t really care if she finds some way to escape from this too, this rpg turned out to be, at least for my character, a total bomb since I was immediately placed into a circumstance where I had no chance of winning or even fleeing. Additionally, I only have time for one rpg, what with prep school, so instead of continuing this one, I left for a different one, and left with a bang.

So, sorry if this caused any trouble, and thanks for letting me have fun in your rpg (for like the first three posts).

((My apologies if I sound at all whiny or something.))

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
*Sigh* You know, this is just a lovely thing to wake up to guys...-_-

Wolf Godess, Dactylus made a good point, wether it sounds whiny or not, you can't dodge every attack, that's godmodding, plain and simple. Remember, Kagome said that no-one could be perfect, not even a vampire. And no, being undead doesn't count as a flaw, the others will have to be actually capable of harming your character as well, if you don't want her toasted then just have her escape. How much fun do you think it will be for others if you keep that up? Heck, how would you like it if someone did that to you? I have a good mind to post up a certain piece of writing you made a while back (You know what I'm talking about)...I really expected you to know better Wolf Godess. <_<

Meh, so there's no persuading you to continue with this RP, is there, Dactylus? Under normal circumstances I'd ask Wolf Godess to edit (Again). *Sigh* Can't even say that I blame you for leaving. Sorry for this mess. I should have been paying closer attention to the RP.

And Tara, your character is waaaay too powerfull even to be a full vampire, not to mention that she's only a halfling. The increased strength is fine with me, and it has been decided that only fire can kill vampires so I can tolerate regeneration, but it will have to take some time (No jumping right back up after being chopped into a gory pile, m'kay?), at least enough for others to escape or burn your corpse. As for being resistant to sunlight, that is completely irrelevant since the sun has dissapeared (As explained in the environment description of the RP). I'm afraid you will have to discard teleportation, walking through walls, and melding with the shadows. Vampires get nightvision, so you can have that instead (Meager compensation, I know, but it's hard enough to keep vampires from being godmoddy as it is). Also, I don't quite understand your char's hatred for lower vampires since she herself is a half-breed, the lowest of the low in vamp society.

Anyway, make those changes and you're accepted.

Years
Yeah sorry about being inactive and all, but for the past three days I have had School and work one after the other.

Thursday I had school and came home and straight to work.

Friday was the same, and today I have work from 10 till 7 so I won't have much chance in till tomorrow or later tonight.

So if anyone can help me by giving me a way to make my characters known once again, then that would be most appreicated.

Untill then, see ya!

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
Years
Merf.

Sorry if I cause twoubles for everyone. I'm not used to full-on-full fighting.

Dactylus, I am sorry for doing this to you. You can stay, I shall leave. Besides, you were there before me, and I see no reason for you to leave.

At least you're not sending me hate mail as someone else does (and continues to and hates every character I create in every RP I happen to be in with her), so go ahead and enjoy this RP, I'll be leaving.

At least you handled the situation with grace, and not go bursting out in flames (pardon the pun) as I did when someone powerplayed one of my characters. (If she reads this, I'll probably recieve more hate mail <_<). So, I am sorry. You can continuing RPing, I don't want to RP in a place that makes me feel inferior anyway. My writing can never match your's, so you deserve to stay.

And I won't.

Sorry once again, and I won't post anymore in the thread. I don't want to be known by any of you as an annoying little girl who wants her character to be ultra-strong, I just didn't want Yaela to die, for then I won't have any character to RP.

Don't go blaming yourself, either, Alter Ego. It isn't your fault, anyway. Don't feel down because of the actions I caused.

Good Bye everyone, I enjoyed RPing with you for a short amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back