• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON: Project X

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
+-------------------------------------------------+
POKEMON: Project X
+-------------------------------------------------+​

(name may change!)

Welcome to my thread. Yay!
Now before I get started I'll give you a run-down on what this game is pretty much going to achieve.
My goal is to create a (hopefully) fully working POKEMON fan game. I've seen this posted millions of times by people who never get the job done due to lack of perseverance or maybe they just got sick of it. Who knows…
Well this game will be completed…

Game Made in Sphere!

Here is what you will find in this thread…

1. Game Storyline
2. Features
3. New Moves
4. Screenshots
5. Project Staff
6. Betas (DEMOS)
7. Credits

1. GAME STORYLINE

Note: The hero's name and gender can be chosen.
Red lives on Fallspring Island with his mother and his little sister. Fallspring Island is located in the vast Meadore Region. The closest town to them is Fallspring City, which is a short boat ride to the south.
Red just turned 13 and he is about to go for his POKEMON Examination. If he passes the test he will receive his first POKEMON. Your mother is a professor and is always out, leaving you and your sister on the island.
The day of your exam comes and your mother is out. Your mother doesn't return until late and only then do you get the chance to cross to the main land with your mum. Once in Fallspring City, Red heads over to the school to see Mr. Serion closing up. Being such a good student you are and once you have told him your story he lets you in for the exam.
Red passes (hopefully you will… because you can fail!) and Mr. Serion takes him back to his house. He explains that there is only one POKEMON left and its over on the table. He tells you to go and pick it up. Red receives a Growlithe (This will be the default first POKEMON, you also receive a Fire Stone as well. Each of the other trainers that participated in the exam receives a POKEMON that evolves up by a stone). When you leave your rival, Adam, confronts you. He tells you of his POKEMON and says he is going to battle all the leaders and become stronger then you. Oh how original. Then he walks off…

You head back to Fallspring with your mother to find your house in a mess. It turns out your sister has been kidnapped. Your mother asks for your help. She knows who kidnapped your sister; it was the evil villains of Team Kada (pronounced k-da, name may change later on). She takes you into her secret underground office that you've never been allowed to enter and explains to you the situation… The things that are happening of the Meadore Region… Then, she gives you something you've always dreamed of. You receive your own POKEDEX and HPD.
Red sets out on a quest to stop Team Kada, rescue his sister, become POKEMON Champion and stop whatever may be happening in the Meadore Region (I know, just not going to tell you… :D)
------------
So there you have it. That's the story pretty much. I thought I'd better explain how to got your POKEMON etc.
Note that Team Kada may change to a different name later on. Also! You can become a POKEMON Champion by defeating all the GYM LEADERS in the different towns whilst you are completing the main quest. That is sort of the idea of the game, because defeating GYM LEADERS grows your POKEMON, because by the time you get to the end of the main quest you will need very strong POKEMON and, like the old games, you need HMs and each GYM lets you use a different HM.

2. GAME FEATURES

This here is a list of current features that will or have been implemented into the game already. Note that if it is read it means it may be implemented and if it is green it means it has/will be implemented.

1. Custom Battle System – Battle like never before…
2. Custom Menu System – New additions like HPD (Hand-held POKEMON Device).
3. Reputation System – Get different responses and more based on your reputation.
4. SELECT Option – Assign an item to the SELECT (shift) button. eg: Bike.

There is more, I might have forgotten though... It also includes the basic Pokemon Game features...

Now let me expand on some of those features, like the Custom Menu System.
Custom Menu System
Different additions to the menu are things like HPD. Let me give you the low-down of a HPD. A HPD or Hand-held POKEMON Device is a gadget similar to a POKEDEX (you still get a pokedex). A HPD stores data of trainers that you have battled, maps of the region, date/time, phone and email. But there is one more. Your HPD will give you the ability to view information of buildings. Like if they are open or closed, how much people, the type of building etc. Not only on buildings but on characters as well. Nearly all characters will have information built in that you can record and check before you battle them. The information on trainers is different by including their current party and levels. This new device is known as the ASD (Area Scanning Device). This feature is a maybe and might not be included in the game.
NOTE: The name ASD is a temp name and may be changed.

Reputation System
Your reputation pretty much describes who you are. When you talk to people they respond differently if you have a greater reputation compared to a lower reputation. To develop a good reputation you beat strong trainers. If you lose your reputation will drop and people will act differently towards you. Normal people that aren't trainers will not comment based off your reputation though.
You need a good reputation to get into the Elite Hall, the place where trainers battle to become POKEMON Champion.

3. NEW MOVES

I have developed a couple new moves that will be available and have dropped a couple of moves as well. Although I wont tell you which moves I have dropped. J

Name: Radiant Heat
Type: Fire
Atk: 90
PP: 10

More moves will be developed throughout the game.

4. SCREENSHOTS

I have played what I have made of the game and taken screenshots of things that are worth looking at. Here is a list of all the screenshots I have so far.

screen01.png
screen02.png
screen04.png
screen03.png

screen05.png
screen06.png
screen07.png
screen08.png

screen09.png
screen10.png
screen11.png
screen12.png

screen13.png
screen14.png
screen15.png
screen16.png

screen17.png
screen18.png
screen19.png
screen20.png

screen21.png
screen22.png
screen23.png
screen24.png

Couldn't be bothered writing about all the screens. Hope ya like em! Oh and just so you no, the screen with the door open a tad is when i just walked out of my house. :)
Another thing. With the hero's name it changes from capital JASON to Jason during screenshots. Thats because I started taking screenshots then stopped, then started again. You can pick your own name as well...

5. PROJECT STAFF

Currently, I am working alone on this project although I am interested in recruiting some new staff.
Name Position Date Started
audacityFEAR Creator, Mapper, Scripter, Lead Designer 6th December 2006

If you would like to become a staff member please send a PM to me, please don't post it in this thread because I don't want to it clutter up with job discussion posts.
I do not want BETA Testers so please don't even bother asking about it. I am currently looking for some excellent spriters who can create custom tiles, characters etc. Scripting is pretty much taken care of but if you want to contribute then please don't hesitate to contact me via PM only.

6. BETAs (DEMOS)

My bet is you've all be scrolling straight down to this part. Probably not be anyways. Currently there is no BETA out, but when I release one it will be posted here so check regularly.

Current BETA: None

7. CREDITS
Ok, now this game is currently only being scripted by me. But tiles have come from a few places... Thanks to the following people...

~ Avatar
~ Rm2k3kid
~ Everyone at the Spherical Community
~ Rob the Redo

If you see your work and your not mentioned above, PM me because I may have forgotten you. Sorry! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's it! Hope you all think highly of this game now. I hope you come back, post, discuss it because I will be trying to update it with new screens and information weekly if not every few days. So please don't hesitate to post! Post all you want. Just keep the n00bish questions like "Is there a BETA out yet?" to yourself. BETA Updates will be clearly printed so you can download them as soon as they are released.

Thanks for reading and enjoy posting!
- pepsi.max

Last edited:

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
Years
Wee first one to post! (except the starter of this thread), nice, i like the email add in, New tiles, the new layout for everything, and i love the maps. Is this made 100% Scratch, or did you have to borrow stuff from other things?

Years
This looks fantastic! Hopefully you won't grow bored of it. I have some custom tiles you can use. Click on the gallery part of my sig and they are there. (For all you other people, ask me.)

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
oops. thats what i forgot to post in the main thread. i'll edit it now...

the game is being made in Sphere, the best game maker of course... I shall write all my credits up now... I ripped most graphics from the game myself although I did use some other people graphics that I will credit...

At the moment I am doing the storyline, just so you no. Coding the exam now...

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
yeh I am currently looking for a spriter who can help me out with that. i got one job request from PokeScorcher13 about custom sprites...

If anyone, anyone at all who has some skill in making custom tiles please don't hesitate to contact me! I need all the help I can get!

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
cool, if you get time. otherwise dont fret...

is that Remy bloke around anymore... didnt he/she make some awesome tiles... Something about the game has to be good to get his/her tiles...

small update:
about 70% completed the exam... should be done soon...

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
alright i have finished the exam and i am about to add in you getting your first pokemon. yippee.

i need to request something, if anyone has it or can get it... You no that 'ting' sound that is played when someone has that exclamation mark popup above there head. I think there is one, unless i've been imagning it... like when you are walking and a trainer spots you and it goes 'ting'...

i need that noise, because my current exclamation mark just pops up and makes no noise. :(

Other then that, progress is good. I should have the view pokemon menu done tonight along with you getting your pokedex and hpd...
i'll update later with some more screens maybe...

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
i am not sure at this time. still trying to figure that out... i can tell you there are 2 at the moment! GROWLITHE and ARCANINE!

anyway, i finished the exam along with you getting your first pokemon. then i had a late night as i added in the view pokemon feature. i also added in the using item on a pokemon. so now you can use items, well only 2 atm, on your pokemon.

i will post some screens at the end of this post. there is one glitch though which I am trying to iron out... here are the screens. enjoy. :)

(these screens dont show the exam, i dont want to give it away)

screen20.png
screen21.png
screen22.png
screen23.png

screen24.png

i'd just like to say thanks to those that have replied... i appreciate your comments...

now. a small update. instead of your rival just talking to you, you will get to battle your rival. i am currently working on the core of the battle system. i might show some screens ovver the next few days..

that is all. :)
thanks for reading and posting if your gonna post. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2009
this looks amazing, cant wait for this game
i hope u finish it
and i cant wait for the beta

Ruyin

Skilled RMXP Mapper
Years
Looks cool, especially the POKeGEAR. By the way, in the second screenshot Oh is spelled with one 'h'.

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
haha, yeh he is going Ohhh! like, that sounds kinda dirty, so i should change it. thanks...

battle system is about 2% done. :) thanks for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back