• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (SMT x FE)

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
SMT_X_FE_Logo.png

So this was announced in the Nintendo Direct Stream in January. Yeah I know, kind of old news, but seeing as how a thread for it hasn't been posted, I'll do so now. It is set to be released for the Wii U, though the release date has yet to be announced. How do you feel about it? Do you play either or both of the series that is crossing over?

I personally have not played a single Shine Megami Tensei game, but they look interesting and I plan to look into them sometime in the near future. As for Fire Emblem, I love that game. The storyline, the characters, gameplay, and etc., I just feel it's an amazing series. Whether it'll be a normal RPG like Shin Megami Tensei or a Tactical/Strategy RPG like Fire Emblem, I feel this will be an awesome game. I do have one complaint though, why is it going to be on the Wii U? I want it to be on the 3DS D: This saddened me and my friends as none of us own one and don't plan to get one any time soon.

So what are your thoughts and comments on this announcement? Leave 'em below o 3o

[Also I'll be updating this thread from time to time as new information is revealed/leaked (even if no one reads this or posts her >.<)]

Information:

It is being developed by Atlus and Intelligent Systems

(Not much else is known at the moment)

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Pretty random crossover, no? Both series have a huge cast to work with so it should be pretty cool seeing them all together. I hope the gameplay is more in than vein of the FE series. Though I could see it being something like Devil Survivor where the characters are grouped together in parties.

Anyways, no Wii-U atm, and honestly the game is a ways off so I'm in no hurry to buy one.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'm pretty excited for both the plot and the battle system since they're both bound to be really interesting. To be honest, I've only played a couple of Fire Emblem games so I'm not as well-versed in the series as I am in SMT.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'm pretty excited as well. I just recently started going back and playing the other SMTs. Prior to that, I'd only played Demikids, Persona 3 and 4, Strange Journey, and the Devil Survivor games, among others, which may sound a like a lot, but only SJ is an official SMT title. I'm pretty excited, since both sides have enjoyable battle systems and, being a collaboration between Atlus and Intelligent systems, there's no doubt that the story will be good or, at the very least, interesting. It and X are really my two biggest reasons for wanting a Wii U.

Speaking of SMT, you all need to try SMT, it's an RPG that's WAY ahead of its time.
Oh, and play SMT2 as well for the same reason. Nocturne as well, if you can, though I haven't played much of that one.

On a semi-related note (at least, as far as SMT is concerned), I found this:

It was announced a while ago, but I think the boxart was recently released.

Last edited:

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Hoooooooold a moment, Demikids was technically an SMT game? I had no idea, I haven't really gotten past the beginning though. I might go back and try to play through it sometime in the future, and as for main SMT games, I can't really afford to be buying more games and the moment. What game is the box art for?

Also why would X give you a reason to buy a Wii U? It's on the 3DS. (I'm assuming it's Pokemon X right now.)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Hoooooooold a moment, Demikids was technically an SMT game? I had no idea, I haven't really gotten past the beginning though. I might go back and try to play through it sometime in the future, and as for main SMT games, I can't really afford to be buying more games and the moment.
I know, right? That's what I said when I found out, too. It's a part of the Devil Children series, which seldom received releases outside of Japan. Apparently in Japan it was called "Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children: Light Book".

Back when I had it when I was younger, I just knew it as Demikids. It wasn't till around...10 years later that I found out about the connection between the franchises.

What game is the box art for?
The box art is for SMT 4 which, if the trailer was any indication, will have some of its characters included in SMT x Fire Emblem (and FE will have some Awakening characters in it, too).

Also why would X give you a reason to buy a Wii U? It's on the 3DS. (I'm assuming it's Pokemon X right now.)
Not that X, the possible Xenoblade sequel X. That alone would be enough to warrant a purchase from me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
The hype is TOO DAMN HIGH!

Personally, I think that this game will, indeed, be amazing. However, with all the hype about this game, I don't think people will be as impressed as they should be. If the hype was dimmed a bit, then maybe people would appreciate what this game will be a little more.

Back