• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
That drop is sufficiently cray-cray. Although, if I'm reading my music reports correctly, Arcade Fire's Reflektor was the top seller last week with only 150k, so I think it's more a case of Eminem being a particularly popular draw this week. But still, wowza!

Years
Eminem's album leaked a good few days ago as well so that's a really good figure for him. I won't be purchasing it myself though, it's a fairly poor album with the exception of 'Rap God'.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I haven't listened to Eminem's latest album yet, and honestly I can't say that I plan to. From what I've heard about it, it seems like Eminem sounds very angry throughout most of the album. So, basically nothing new! My sister is a big fan of his music though, so I'm sure she'll tell me about it eventually.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Actually, he does sound angry throughout the entirety of the album... haha. Before my dog practically consumed the CD, I listened to most of the album. I only really like his collab songs, like The Monster and Headlights, but that's as usual. I've always really loved works he does with other people, so.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 13, 2015
I plan on buying Eminems new album soon, but from what I have heard so far (Headlights, The Monster, Berzerk), I think its a pretty good album. I absolutely love Headlights. I love how personal it is, and Nate Ruess is awesome as always. I look forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
YOUR NEW RELEASES: It's time to take a look at the week's key debuts, which include not only the long-awaited ARTPOP but also the latest NOW comp (has it really only been 48?) and a freshly packaged set of BBC performances by some mop-topped Liverpudlians.

Lady Gaga (Interscope) 250-275k
NOW 48 (UMe) 90-95k
The Beatles (Capitol) 40-45k
Jhene Aiko (Def Jam/IDJ) 25-30k
The Killers (Island/IDJ) 12-15k​

-

Pretty sad for Gaga. The album deserved to open more and I'm sure everyone can agree Artpop is better than Born This Way. Artpop deserved more and so did Avril Lavigne. ;-;

Years
Pretty sad for Gaga. The album deserved to open more and I'm sure everyone can agree Artpop is better than Born This Way. Artpop deserved more and so did Avril Lavigne. ;-;
My friends who listen to Lady Gaga all say it's a disappointing album and not up to her normal standards. Or their standards of her. Either way.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
That's quite the big drop from Born This Way's first week figure of 1.1 million. Maybe a sense of Gaga-fatigue is setting in? From an anecdotal perspective, I can't say I felt as much of a media hype over this one as over the previous one.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I don't understand the drop because if anything this album was more anticipated than the last, what with the reason for Gaga's mini-hiatus. I'm actually considerably upset at the figure, as I really enjoy 90% of the album and think it's a huge improvement from her previous album, not to discredit Born This Way's worth.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 13, 2015
Aw Gaga ;-;

I like the album. Yeah, Born This Way was better, but ARTPOP is still a pretty solid album. Even though ARTPOP won't sell as many copies as hoped, she still is one of the top artists of today. Also, ARTPOP has a pretty cool app out which I recommend checking out.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
The Main reason Artpop is opening low this era is probably because she alienated the General Public and focused more on her fans during the Born This Way era. Hopefully she'll be able to get back the General Public's interest. Anyways updated projection for the week:

Pop Emergency: ARTPOP 240-260k
YOUR TOP 15 (PLUS ONE): Universal appears headed to having an unprecedented nine of the Top 10 albums on next week's chart, with Lady Gaga (seen at right with the co-stars of her upcoming holiday special) leading the pack. Kelly Clarkson's holiday album, Wrapped In Red, is the lone non-UMG title. We don't believe this has ever happened in the modern charting era. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend:

1. Lady Gaga (Interscope) 240-260k
2. Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 200-220k
3. Now 48 (UMe) 95-105k
4. The Robertsons (EMI Nashville) 60-65k
5. Katy Perry (Capitol) 45-50k
6. Kelly Clarkson (RCA) 40-45k
7. The Beatles (Capitol) 35-40k
8. Drake (Young Money/Cash Money/Republic) 30-35k
9. Lorde (Lava/Republic) 30-35k
10. Jhene Aiko (Def Jam/IDJ) 30-35k
11. Celine Dion (Columbia) 27-30k
12. Miley Cyrus (RCA) 25-28k
13. Luke Bryan (Capitol Nashville) 24-27k
14. Florida Georgia Line (Republic Nashville) 19-22k
15. Imagine Dragons (KidinaKorner/Interscope) 17-20k
16. Arcade Fire (Merge) 17-20k​

-
Gaga's predictions dropped again D: Oh well, at least she won't get blocked by Eminem, and Kelly seems to have stabilized.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Out of the blue, The Change-Up came on today and, equally as surprising, it made me realize how much I freaking love Jason Bateman.

Years
Once Upon A Time has yet again shown how much the creators of the show want every single character to be related to Henry and be part of a big happy family. Oh boy.

They've had some really good actors recently on that show. Peter's Pan's actor is pretty dang creepy.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I was in New York for the weekend and I haven't gotten the chance to watch the latest episode of Once yet. I've heard good things about it, but it's exhausting just hearing how hard the writers are trying to make everything come back to Henry. I've enjoyed the season so far though, albeit Neverland has grown quite stale for me and it almost always feels like nothing is actually happening most of the time. The episode that focused on Storybrooke a couple weeks ago finally seemed to get things moving.

I'll probably catch up on it by the end of the week, as there are some other shows I need to catch up on from this past weekend that take higher priority. Namely Sleepy Hollow, The Walking Dead, Witches of East End, Almost Human, and then Once. I already saw Revenge, which was fantastic this week. The cliffhanger to that episode was such a bomb drop, it's cruel we have to wait until Dec. 8th to see the aftermath.

Come to think of it, it's amazing how quickly this fall season is almost coming to a close.

Years
Once we hit the mid season hiatus I'll finally have a chance to catch up on watching things that I've only watched one or two episodes of. Normally I hate waiting, but I'm actually looking forward to it.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I know we've got some Clone Club members here, so if you haven't heard the exciting news yet, Orphan Black returns April 19th 2014.

Years
Interesting list.

Boondock Saints is fairly entertaining as movies like those go. Donnie Darko isn't a very good movie because it doesn't really make sense as a movie so I'd agree with them there. Inception really is a pretty simple heist movie with a good special effects element.

I really liked Finding Neverland though. It's exactly what it tries to be and it does it well. I feel like watching it again to validate my feelings on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back