• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English release date! Revealed!

Years
Whoever guessed that the release for Europe was the 12 was right...
Well glad to hear it comes out here on the seventh ^_^. I expect we will get the australian date announced next week. I guess this thread is now the australian release date speculation thread xD

I'm speculating around some time between the 13th and 25th of October.

I know that Australians are usually last when it comes to the English releases but some exceptions were Gold & Silver (Australia got it before the US) and Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver (Australia got those before Europe).

So yeah, most even-numbered generations main games did not have Australia last in the English release.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The 25th...that's a big difference from the US release...about 18 days to be exact, and 13 from Europes. My guess it it'll come out around the 14th, two days after Europe.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It'll be the 11th, 18th or 25th, unfortunately, because Australia gets new games on Thursday. Personally hoping it's the 11th. :x

Years
I'm thinking the 18th than due to the pattern so far...it would be nice though if it was the 11th, the releases for Eu and Aus wouldn't be all that far apart that way.

Years
It'll be the 11th, 18th or 25th, unfortunately, because Australia gets new games on Thursday. Personally hoping it's the 11th. :x

Probably the 11th. There were some cases where Australians got a main game before Europe.

If they want Australia to be last then I'll say the 18th. 25th means we'll be too far behind.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay so with B/W's release, it was the week before that UK got it, now it's the week after. While they can't give Australia a complete week before, they'll have the "middle ground" aka the earliest they can get without being the first so it'll be the 11th. /such logic

But yeah idk why they won't do the earliest possible. :x For B/W Australia wasn't intended to be last, but rather it worked out that way. So really in other words... 18th is too far away. n_n

Years
It really is compared to the US release date...while if it's the 11th it'll only be 4 days difference between ours, and one between Aus and Europe. That would be nice for those Australian who don't want to spoil themselves while watching as the American's and Europeans chat away about the games...

Years
OK, now I browsed through Bulbapedia and discovered that in most cases in terms of main games, Australia's release date was BEFORE Europe's.

The only times Australia were last in the English release were Red & Blue and Black & White.

Most of the time it was Europe that came last.

So yeah I could be seeing the 11th as a possibility although they might go with the pattern that Red & Blue had: America > Europe > Australia.

In the case with HeartGold & SoulSilver, the Australian and European release had a very small margin.

The only time Europe was first was with Black & White, although they did get a few spinoffs before America.

Does anyone think I have a point?

It really is compared to the US release date...while if it's the 11th it'll only be 4 days difference between ours, and one between Aus and Europe. That would be nice for those Australian who don't want to spoil themselves while watching as the American's and Europeans chat away about the games...

I agree with that MR & AS, if they make Australia last then that could cause spoilers for Australian players.

Australia was in the middle for all main games bar Black & White, Red & Blue and Gold & Silver. In the latter's case, Australia was actually FIRST. Yep, Gen II started in Australia before America.

droomph

weeb
Years
Octobah? Not bad :/

Too bad I din' get myself a job this summer :( ah well it's all good. Australians even though I live in California I feel ya pain.

Though I'd be too busy during October anyways :P

For the fact that the games have been revised plenty (the names aren't in need of being created) and UK and Aus all speak more or less American English I assume it shouldn't be that bad of a delay for y'all. Unless Nintendo of Australia gets really lazy.

Years
It's too bad it'll take them that long to get it over here. By the time it does there will have already been a complete english patch released.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I can't wait for October. I'm probably going to start saving up in August so I could buy the game along with necessities. I need to get it on release date since I did that for Pokemon Black.

blue

gucci
Years
As I predicted, Europe are getting it 12th October! US 7th which is great, early October is fine for me and it's not all that long away, only 3 months. After seeing all the new features in these games since it's release in Japan I've been becoming more eager to play these games so I really can't wait now!

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
Years
Ah yes! Now this gives me time to get that new 3DS XL and play Black or White 2 in 1:1! :D
Kinda wished it was in september or something though, but October's fine too!

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
As a sidenote, October 7 is part of a 3-day weekend for most people in North America, as October 8 is Columbus Day in the States as well as Canadian Thanksgiving.

Years
We don't have columbus day in my state (not like I want to celebrate someone like columbus anyways) so yeah...
Perhaps Australia will break the pattern and get it on the 14 rather than the 25th,18th or 11th...or the 4th...lol would't it be funny if they did get it earlier everyone will be envious of Australians rather than the other way around.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was hoping for September, but hey, October's not bad ei-- oh wait crap, that's the height of band month. Soooo many competitions to go to. Which means less time to play, and I'll be buying them both. Hoooo boy! But still, it's nice to know the date now. Can't wait! But I mean, I have a Japanese copy that should be here soon, and I can't wait for that either. I am impatient lol. :(

Years
Perhaps Australia will break the pattern and get it on the 14 rather than the 25th,18th or 11th...or the 4th...lol would't it be funny if they did get it earlier everyone will be envious of Australians rather than the other way around.

In Gold & Silver's case, Australia got it first. So yeah, if it were to happen like that it would be interesting.

Also in most cases, Australia was second in terms of releases. Europe was often the one that came last although that wasn't the case for Red & Blue and Black & White. In the latter's case Europe got it first.

Years
Well I'm glad that it's released in october 7th as that gives me time to gather change and earn money after buying Kh3D at the end of July...so yeah 2 months and seven days to stuff up my in home piggy bank.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
I'm actually glad about this, since it'll give me some time to save up some money after the mandatory purchase of KH3D.

...was still hoping for september though

No, because my birthday is in November and this can be like an early birthday present. "Early" meaning "no I certainly will not wait to play it what are you smoking"

Back