• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Iridium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
pokemoniridiumzo9.png
POKéMON IRIDIUM
An RMXP POKéMON GAME
MADE BY: MINORTHREAT0987

~ABOUT THE CREATOR
Well I am sure some of you know that I have had a decent history on these forums for starting games that never really went anywhere. The latest of which was POKéMON GOLDEN HEIGHTS, a POKéMON GOLD/SILVER/CRYSTAL remake. I would like to assure you that while this game may go through times where progress will be very slow, I really do want to finish this one.

~ABOUT THE GAME
I have been planning POKéMON IRIDIUM since at least FEB. 2007. Storylines, the region, and other details have been in the works for a very long time. Because of this I am very excited to continue working on this game. Progress tends to be slower than most, but that is because I do massive amounts of event coding and event testing as I map the region and I do the story coding as I map also.

~THE REGION OF IRIHO
irihonw5.png

ALLEAF TOWN
The town you have grown up in, it is the home to PROF. ASPEN'S lab and starter park. It's the gateway to your adventures through IRIHO.

TREEFAR CITY
The first stop in the quest to find your mother. It is also home to MATT'S POKéMON GYM, which is the first gym in the IRIHO POKéMON LEAGUE CHALLANGE.

FRESHORE CITY
The second stop in the quest to find your mother. Home to KENZI'S Electric POKéMON GYM, the POKéGEAR COMPANY, and the FRESHORE LIGHTHOUSE.​

~THE STORY
The legend tells of an ancient POKéMON whose power was unlike any other POKéMON's.
This POKéMON was rule of the change in the seasons and therefore was able to manipulate the seasons and ultimatly time as it pleased.
This POKéMON was tracted for many years, there was great mystery involving how this POKéMON was able to manipulate the seasons.
People hunted and hunted this POKéMON, some for good purposes, some for horribly evil purposes. No one prevaled
Until the day this POKéMON became was captured and killed that is...

Hundreds of years later this POKéMON's orgin has been traced to the region of Iriho, a region south of Sinnoh, west of Kanto.
Yet no trace of it was ever found in this region...until now.
TEAM DISASTRO has found word that a single shard of amber is in the possesion of the Iriho POKéMON Science Institute,
This shard contains a single hair of the ancient POKéMON, this hair holds enough genetic material to resurect the Shifter of Seasons.
TEAM DISASTRO will stop at nothing to resurect this elusive POKéMON and control the seasons and causes chaos.
They mustn't be allowed to do this.

The Iriho POKéMON Science Institute knows of the DNA fragment and decided the best thing to do would be to hide it.
They gave it to your mother, an retired IPSI official, and when she went off for business in VANTRA CITY, she left it to you.

While your mother was in VANTRA CITY, TEAM DISASTRO found out where the IPSI hid the shard...They went after your mother...
Now you must find your mother while also keeping TEAM DISASTRO away from the amber shard containing the Shifter of Seasons' DNA

~FEATURES

• Full POKéMON battle system
  • Full POKéMON menu/PC system
  • Explore the new region of IRIHO, and meet new people
  • Includes the 386 advance generation POKéMON plus a few SINNOH POKéMON

~NEW POKéMON
The Starters
Scraped For Now.

If anyone has concepts/Art/sprites or things of that nature they would like to see in the game please PM me. Please do not try to get your things added that you have already given to other projects. Thank you sincerely.

~SCREEN SHOTS
There are about 44 screen shots so far, so i decided to put them into spoilers so, I hope you will please look at the spoilers!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

~GOALS
  • To have a full POKéMON experience
  • To be able to encounter new POKéMON exclusive to IRIHO

~THE TEAM
    • Minorthreat09876-Creator
    • BlackRainbow* - Thinker-Creates ideas for the game
    As you can see the team is currently very small, I am looking for Spriters and Fakemon Designers to help fill out our team. If you or someone you know would like to join the team PM me or have them PM me so we can chit chat about the Pokemon Iridium team.
~CREDITS~
Myself - A majority of the project
Poccil - Starter Kit
Wichu - Major, major scripting assistance :)
Fangking Omega - Tileset, Char. Sets
Mateo - Tiles he made for Fangking Omega
darkcookie_93 -Some aspects of the Story!
Cheese - DP bag Rips
Kyledove-Tile inspiration and Such

~WANT TO SUPPORT IT ?

HTML:
[url="http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127227"][IMG]http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3140/iridiumuserbarlb2.png[/IMG][/url]

~WANT TO HELP ?
Right now I am looking for people who would like to create new POKéMON for the IRIHO region.
I am also looking for spriters to help sprite POKéMON, and TRAINERS.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I don't think he wants to use fusions in this project.... Fusions just aren't very pleasing to the eye when playing a game....

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2008
Yeah your probably right it's already real pokemon
I could try spriting right now
Edit: Okay I just learned to do people sprites but not during battle. I can sprite for like walking

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Finally! A Starter Kit game that actually shows promise! What can I say, it looks fantastic; I'm very tired of seeing boring, unoriginal Starter Kit games with not graphical or technical editing whatsoever. Keep up the GREAT work!

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
UPDATE!

Finally! A Starter Kit game that actually shows promise! What can I say, it looks fantastic; I'm very tired of seeing boring, unoriginal Starter Kit games with not graphical or technical editing whatsoever. Keep up the GREAT work!

Wow, thanks, I wasn't quite sure whether people were going to like this game....but thank you.

Thank you all for your comments.

Ludicario, thank you for the offer but as yuoaman said, POKeFUSIONS just really aren't quite right for the game, I want to keep a more professional look to the game and Nintendo hasn't included fusions yet, so I would rather not include them. But thank you for the offer.

Um, well as I said the progress is slow but it is chugging along, I have a few, well quite a bit of screens to show, about 20 to be more exact, lol.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I like the game too!
Well, I could make titlescreen cause I saw your title is plain.

j.a

awesomenesses!
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2008
Can i PLZ do the maps (not all but some)

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Looks nice! I love the bag, who made that, it looks really great...Well good luck here, maybe new heroes would be good, if you need help, just contact me, you can see some of my stuff here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=126712
Well thank you, but as of right now I am content with the FR/LG trainers. But thank you. :)
I like the game too!
Well, I could make titlescreen cause I saw your title is plain.
Again thank you but I wanted to keep the title as close to the FR/LG ones as possible, and as far as it being plain, its just because I am waiting till I get a POKeMON to put on the screen. Thank you though. :)
Can i PLZ do the maps (not all but some)
Well, mapping is pretty much already taken care of. Plus it is one of my favorite things to do. Thank you though. :)

Now for the core reason behind this post.

testscreens22408jz6.png

Screens from route 2 in Iriho, look is CHERUBI, I wonder if CHERUBI is going to be in the game.... ;)

Enjoy.

j.a

awesomenesses!
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2008
Dude my fave part is mapping to!
But r u gonna have customs other than the starters¿

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2008
yea im talking bout the sprite

i know the ds screen is bigger than a gba

it just looks funny in a gba sized screen

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
It might be a good idea to resprite the Sinnoh Pokémon (as I am doing), or get poccil to implement a larger screen size (should be switchable between GBA and DS sizes).

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
It might be a good idea to resprite the Sinnoh Pokémon (as I am doing), or get poccil to implement a larger screen size (should be switchable between GBA and DS sizes).

Well the only problem with that is I don't even have a really good spriter to sprite the custom pokemon for the game, led alone sprite DP pokemon, lol but if i could I would, so I will try. :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2009
LOVE how this game is looking too bad can't help you as i don't hack or make games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back