• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Looking forward to the demo man.
Those fakemon look really well done. Are the in-game sprites of the fakemon just as good?

Cheers! Yeah, the sprites are really good too. Only the first 20 or so will appear in the demo though, because it's still early into the game. Check out the starters in the screenshots and userbars for a little taste of what's to come. I think you can guess what the green Pokemon in my signature is :P
A few of the sprites are a little old, like Bawl who has been replaced, so our spriter's got even better since then.

Anyone think I should add custom graphics to make the demo more interesting before it comes out? It might take an extra day, but it'll still be ready this week.

Atomic Reactor

As previously stated, yes custom graphics would make the game a little bit more appealing. But not everywhere, just here and there.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
just a little question it says you retired houndoomed so are you or not?

No, I retired a while ago, but I just came back for a short while to help with the demo :)

I'll be retiring for sure after the demo comes out.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Ahh... you'll be back someday... I've retired a total of three times, but I've always come back lol.

Back on topic: I think you should use custom graphics. But use them sparingly, as in; only replace like one kind of tree, and a few buildings.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
Puh... this game looks fantastic.
I like the starter-Pkmn, especially the grass-Pkmn... but the water and fire are grreat too! The design of the fire-starter is a little strange on the first view, but its something new and i think very cool... to make it that cute^^ [what do you think; i think the 3rd stage of the fire-starter will look cooler, if you add a more angry looking face, especially the eyes...]

i think it wasnt mentioned before... what do you plan, to shoiw in the demo???
i read about 15 cities and [only] 2 gyms [??!!]... is that true?

Atomic Reactor

I'm gonna repeat it just because I like repeating it :P

The demo will go as far as Metrostone City, or in other words, the second city. You will also get to visit 2 other towns and another city, along with a few routes and a forest. You get to battle the gym leader, Grant, who uses Rock type. There will be a total of about 20 custom Pokémon from Koyoto, and another 20 catchable non-Koyoto Pokémon available.

The 2nd demo should be much better, with a newly designed Pokédex, possibly new graphics, a new layout for the Pokémon stats screens, many new Pokémon and more. It should have a total of 4 towns and 4 cities, and should end after you get the 3rd gym badge. This demo should be released by the end of the year. After this demo, the complete game will be released. It will have all Koyoto Pokémon, all towns and cities, and everything else. This should be released by mid/late 2009. It's going to take a lot of work, so I think Lorem Ipsum should take attention to all of what I said.

If you read my post in the Farewell topic, you'll see the reason why I have left. Lorem Ipsum is now in charge.

Read that....
It explains it all ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
Uhh^^ sry... where was that standing???

@HoundoomedL: I have an Idea for a ["new"] Pkmn, it would be funny to see a Crystall-Onix, maybe as Steel/Light, Steel/Ice or Rock/Light ... i dont know^^

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Sorry we haven't had any updates recently! I will be posting a big update tomorrow, and all I can let you know for now is that I have created a few custom tiles myself which you will be seeing in the demo! And there may also be a Part 2 to the update... so make sure to stay tuned tomorrow!

And now, I'm tired, I'm moody and I'm going to bed! :P

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
Years
I wouldn't be suprised if you snuck a Houndour pre-volution in their somewhere. I'm only guessing..but that'd would be pretty neat.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016

~Update July 21st 08 - NEW STUFF AND OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASE DATE!~

Yes, hello, my name is Houndoomed, sorry I'm late, let's just skip that junk and get onto the update, OK?
41-Slumbaa.png

Name:: Slumbaa
Type(s)::
psychic.gif

Species:: Dreamer Pokémon

Shleep's evo!

lancexe2.png

Lance is looking pretty nifty in his badly needed new sprite!

And now onto, the important part!

For months now, we have been eagerly waiting the release of the first demo of Pokémon Scarlet. The dates have been changed a numerous amount of times, and a few promises broken. But now, I can happily reveal that the very first Pokémon Scarlet Demo will be released tomorrow, the 22st July, at 20:00 UTC/GMT.

Pokémon Scarlet Version follows young teenager Lance and his cousin Clair getting their very first Pokémon from Prof. Maple, where the player plays as Lance in the beautiful region of Koyoto. After receiving their Pokémon, she is suddenly kidnapped by Giovanni, Lance's friend and neighbor, and a few other Team Rocket members. You and Clair make a brave decision to track down Giovanni and bring him to justice, and along the way train your Pokémon and become the ultimate Pokémon Master!

I would never have been able to do this if it wasn't for the help of my talented team. Special thanks go to Lorem Ipsum, who has helped me incredibly with the making of this demo, and whom I owe my position of main developer to. And even more importantly, thank you for supporting Pokémon Scarlet since the very beginning, and I hope you enjoy the game tremendously!

And now, the wait begins!

Last edited:

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
ohh yeah the demo is coming out tommorow can't wait and houndoomed nice pokemon and we will miss u

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
im lovin the new lance sprite and slumbaa is so cool, i cant wait to play this but ill miss you working on it T_T

Atomic Reactor

That pkmn is sooo cute XD
can't wait till tommorow :)

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
Years
I cannot wait! Let's see what it's store for everyone! Power to the people!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Ah sweet. Only one more day till the demo.
I think I'll run home from work tomorrow :P
Seriously though, I am looking forward to playing the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back