• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Storyline Speculation!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
N will seek Kyurem which fusion dances with the dragon you don't get.

Triple Rotation Battle with the Shadow Triad - This could be an epic boss battle.

Trainer Evan

Loses lots, but keeps trying!
Years
Ghetsis kidnaps Celebi and goes back in time in order to claim the fully merged Zekro/Reshiram/Kyurem hybrid.

Game involves you constantly switching between two different time periods?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ghetsis kidnaps Celebi and goes back in time in order to claim the fully merged Zekro/Reshiram/Kyurem hybrid.

Game involves you constantly switching between two different time periods?

While I don't think Celebi will play a role, I definitely have a feeling time will be involved and that the storyline will revolve around the past and the future, which is partially while I'm sorta believing/hoping for an ice age and a fast forward/flashback. ;x I'd love to switch between different times though!!

Trainer Evan

Loses lots, but keeps trying!
Years

While I don't think Celebi will play a role, I definitely have a feeling time will be involved and that the storyline will revolve around the past and the future, which is partially while I'm sorta believing/hoping for an ice age and a fast forward/flashback. ;x I'd love to switch between different times though!!
If there's time Travel, you're only options are Dialga and Celebi. Celebi seems far more likely.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
For the games, I think that it will take place about 2 years after the battle with N, and Ghetsis will try to control Kyreme with the God Stone, so N and you will have to work together, and the movie pretty much tells us the Kyreme is an evil or misguided Pokemon much like mewtwo was

I also think that Hoenn will be in the game, but nothing to do with R/S/E, but to continue the story, remember when the Shadow Triad gives you the Orbs and tells you that they helped Ghetsis to escape? they should continue on that in the next games

I also think that your legend reverted back to stone in times of peace.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I also think that Hoenn will be in the game, but nothing to do with R/S/E, but to continue the story, remember when the Shadow Triad gives you the Orbs and tells you that they helped Ghetsis to escape? they should continue on that in the next games

They give you Sinnoh legendary orbs, what does it have to do with Hoenn?
Maybe Sinnoh Creation Trio will be catchable in B2/W2?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ I think they will be catchable. Maybe Ghetsis got the orbs from Cyrus...he's the only person who I can think of who could've given them to him...what if Cyrus is the man behind the man behind the man? After all BW is a sequel to Platinum (Cynthia refrences the event of Platinum). Maybe the new team is a Galactic-Plasma combo (after all Kyurem came from space it'll fit the Galactic theme of space plus Kyurem had a stone called the God Stone (Cyrus wanted to become a god...)).

Years
^ I know but they could add more aspects from it...I felt like Platinum's story didn't end cause Cyrus, Mars, and Jupiter managed to escape...much like Ghetsis and N...what better way than to wrap up both of those in B2W2.

Kyurem is getting an antagonistic role in the movie so maybe it's role in the game will be antagonistic at least to the level in which Darkrai was (in game) and Rayquaza (in the movie), in which the pokemon tries to keep the balance by attacking the region (sometimes in order to get balance their must be destruction theory aka War leads to Peace).

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
That plot with Team Galactic makes sense, even though their theme is exploring another dimensions, not simple space around Earth, but those things could be connected to each other.
I've got a feeling D/P/Pt won't have their remakes done, so they put Cynthia and Looker in B/W plot to make them appear in some other game and it would make sense to put more D/P/Pt characters in B2/W2.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well remember there's a thread for new characters/old characters returning, so in case you wanna discuss that, use that thread.

Either way, I doubt that Galactic can influence the storyline with Kyurem. I'd say Plasma fits perfectly fine, mainly because of Kyurem and Lacunosa, and the fact that Plasma wants to "protect" Pokemon by releasing them from their trainers, and... I dunno, I can just see something to do with Kyurem and the fact that the town is afraid of it relating!

Years
That would nice to make it 6th Generation (which is probaly not happening)
but I think it should start just where we left off but I didnt like the whole N thing kinda scared me :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I don't know, I'm not really sure if it's sequels, how would team plasma make a return since N became good?, It actually might be just like any 3rd versions.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
They give you Sinnoh legendary orbs, what does it have to do with Hoenn?
Maybe Sinnoh Creation Trio will be catchable in B2/W2?

sinnoh is too big to be put into this game

the overwelming refs. to Hoenn (Dive Ball works on underwater Pokemon now? come on...)

to answer your question, the Reason i think its a link to Hoenn is because if you think about it, how in any kind of way can the Creation Trio fit into the main story line? they can't, but what they are basicly telling you is that Ghetsis has no need for them, but it tells you that Ghetsis is collecting them, then he runs off some where, i think Rayquazas gonna play a part, but i could be wrong, we have basicly no info so we can't really call anybodys theory dumb.

oh i would love to see the Creation Trio in the game, Dialgas up there at number 3 for my fav legends, it looks awesome!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm of the opinion that too many legendaries spoil the broth. It just makes things all convoluted and confusing. Now, I know that convoluted and confusing is the "in" thing regarding RPG story lines and B/W 2 are probably gonna follow this trend, but if I'm going to be forced to keep track of three generations' worth of legendary Pokemon in these games, well, you might as well use Confuse Ray on me now.

blue

gucci
Years
sinnoh is too big to be put into this game

the overwelming refs. to Hoenn (Dive Ball works on underwater Pokemon now? come on...)

to answer your question, the Reason i think its a link to Hoenn is because if you think about it, how in any kind of way can the Creation Trio fit into the main story line? they can't, but what they are basicly telling you is that Ghetsis has no need for them, but it tells you that Ghetsis is collecting them, then he runs off some where, i think Rayquazas gonna play a part, but i could be wrong, we have basicly no info so we can't really call anybodys theory dumb.

oh i would love to see the Creation Trio in the game, Dialgas up there at number 3 for my fav legends, it looks awesome!

These could also be references to R/S/E remakes, they wouldn't bring out a game with something like Hoenn in a year and a half after the release of BW, not to mention how quick these games are being released assuming there is a new region/location it can't be that big... Hoenn would take much longer than 1.5 years to develop and they couldn't be working on both Black & White AND Black & White 2 at the same time, I highly doubt it anyway. Unless you're talking about just the weather trio being in B2W2 then that is possible..

Years
Maybe the plot is something totally not expected like Ghetsis turns to violent means and acts using more of team Rocket did (leaving behind his "leasons" from them and Galactic behind), what else does he have to lose?
The Kyurem used to terrorize the populace makes sense, they could have a cutscene in which it escapes from the great Chasm and attacks Lacunsa town, leaving it frozen, causing the citizens to freeze...that would make it darker and edgier like some want.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years

These could also be references to R/S/E remakes, they wouldn't bring out a game with something like Hoenn in a year and a half after the release of BW, not to mention how quick these games are being released assuming there is a new region/location it can't be that big... Hoenn would take much longer than 1.5 years to develop and they couldn't be working on both Black & White AND Black & White 2 at the same time, I highly doubt it anyway. Unless you're talking about just the weather trio being in B2W2 then that is possible..
the games started production right after the release of Black and White in japan, at least thats what i read online, it makes since as well, so the games would be in production for a relatively long time, think about it, when most of us bought our games on day one they were probably almost 6 months into production.

but i know its a long shot for Hoenn to be in the games, personally i really want a remake as well, but even if they surprised us with Hoenn in the games doesnt exactly rule out a remake, it just means they wanted to put every region on DS, seeing as the next games will surely be on 3DS

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay really, moving posts to "More than just Unova?" is starting to get annoying, so posting a warning/reminder. This thread is storyline speculation. That thread is if Hoenn will be in B2/W2. If you want to discuss Hoenn being in Unova and its relation to the storyline, do that here. But if you have nothing to say other than why Hoenn will be in B2/W2, then post it there, kay? :)

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Legendaries

I'm of the opinion that too many legendaries spoil the broth. It just makes things all convoluted and confusing. Now, I know that convoluted and confusing is the "in" thing regarding RPG story lines and B/W 2 are probably gonna follow this trend, but if I'm going to be forced to keep track of three generations' worth of legendary Pokemon in these games, well, you might as well use Confuse Ray on me now.

I completely agree with you. It doesn't bother me all that much, but I miss the style of the older games in which the legendaries were almost never brought into context.

Back