• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winter Haven III: The Legacy [Ice Pokémon Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
Ma ha ha ha.

The Ice Type Fan Club!

articuno.gif

Yeah I reused it. Deal with it

You must love Ice Pokémon. And that's okay! We love you too.

So what is this club? Well, it's a place where Ice fanatics can obsess over their love for Rotom Ice Pokémon without shame! You can vent all your love for Jynx and Vanillite and not be scolded by them haters! In fact, we'll love you even more - always nice to have one more in the family! And as a plus, you can have a pet Ice Pokémon to go and pet while you let everyone know how much you love it! It's a win-win. Joining is never a bad idea, unless you're Iris. In that case go pet your Axew you crazy old lady.​

Rules:

• Need I say this? All PC rules apply, and respect everyone. Ozzy and Olli will destroy you with lazers if you don't.
  • Also make sure to keep updated on the Pokémon Clubs Rules! Trust me those lazers hurt really bad.
  • And as for the Pokémon you can be partners with, I don't feel like plagiarizing Bulbapedia templates so here take a look.
  • Also, only a certain amount people can have the same Pokémon! We'll expand this limit as we need but as of now it's: 3.

Sign-up:

Name: droomph
W-what do you want from me!?: I love Ice Pokémon. Why else?
My buddy Snorunt, I'll call you [nickname]!
Answer the current topic!

Our Friends:

● droomph
361MS.png

● AlexOzzyCake
459MS.png

● Sector Revenge
646MS.png

● Hikari10
582MS.png

● Iloveeevee
471MS.png

● Otherworld9)
461MS.png

● Cardinal
225MS.png

● Avishka
144MS.png

● okjoek
471MS.png

● rykerr1
144MS.png

Snowdrop
225MS.png

● Seraphimon-sama
471MS.png

● Mentalii
131MS.png

● vlay
362MS.png

● Psystar63
613MS.png

● ArcanaFlaera
144MS.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: AlexOzzyCake
W-what do you want from me!?: I WANT YOUR SOUL. Nah I just love Ice types; they're so majestic and beautiful and there are tonnes of interesting type combinations within it c:
My buddy
459.png
I'll call you Gumdrop!

I'm not sure what the current topic is (I added that section to the sign-up form on your behalf due to the new rule x]) so I'll assume it's favourite Ice type :D

My favourite Ice type hmm... It's a hard choice because I love so many of them! It's a tie between Snover, Swinub, Glaceon and Regice... I think I'll have to go with Snover though because it's such a unique Pokémon with a very unique concept, typing, design, and its moves/stats are very interesting indeed! With the Snow Warning ability and tonnes of Ice type tricks to support it, this Pokémon can evolve into something incredibly powerful.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Sector Revenge
W-what do you want from me!?: Ice Pokemon are awesome. When I'm in a mood to be cold, I can call them out!
My Buddy Kyurem, I'll call you Kallie!
My favorite Ice Pokemon is by far my partner. Kyurem. Dragons are awesome, having a typing as Ice is rare as well. Plus, I love Lapras, Very bulky, I prefer to swim but it is nice to relax on its back to get some sun every now and then ;)

Last edited:
Years
Name: Hikari10
W-what do you want from me!?: I love Ice-types cos they have amazing designs and it's one of the best offensive types!
My buddy Vanillite, I'll call you Snowite!
My fave Ice-types include the Vanillite line, Froslass and Lapras. Vanillite and its evos are soooo cute, Froslass for its interesting typing and Lapras for its bulk and secondary Water-type.

droomph

weeb
Years
Hey guys, welcome to the club! Or more rather you've already whatever

And as for the topic - to be honest I love Weavile a lot, because...for the same reasons I love Grovyle but just less so.

Also I love Snorunt just because it's so cute ^^ and then there's Froslass, who looks so purrrrty...

:D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Name: Iloveeevee
W-what do you want from me!?:
A few of my favorite Pokemon are ice types and they have served me well.
My buddy Glaceon, I'll call you Glacia !
I absolutely adore Eevee and its evolutions. :D Glaceon is one of my favorite eeveelutions because of its amazing design. Glaceon isn't my only favorite ice type though. Spheal is my favorite ice type from R/S/E and Articuno was my favorite Pokemon from Pokemon the Movie 2000- The Power of One. Articuno looks beast here using Ice Beam:
Spoiler:

droomph

weeb
Years
Alright! I'm baack

So, time to kick things up! Let's start with a topic:

How and how often do you use Ice types in battle?

I rarely ever use Ice types in battle on purpose. Usually I'll get to know Ice Beam or maybe find a Sneasel or whatever, but my battling strategy is "ooh now that looks like a good move". The last time I used an Ice-type as a major part of a battle was when I was beating the Opelucid Gym. I didn't feel like finding a dragon type and training that thing, so I decided to catch a Cryognal from Twist Mountain and deal with it.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Name: Otherworld9)
W-what do you want from me!?: ...hm. I love ice pokemon, and I remember this club veeery well...didn't think it would go this far. I'm actually proud to see this baby growing. T~T
My buddy Weavile! I'll call you Rojo!

I rarely use ice types...but when I do, it's the speedsters. Weavile is the sweeper, with his high speed stat and all, of course he would kill. Although one of the reasons I lack ice types are the fact they're weak to fire and ground, which are pokemon most people use..for some reason. {Or the ones I battle do}.

droomph

weeb
Years
Haha yeah, defensively Ice types suck, don't they?

What would you say we could do about fixing that? My best bet would be to teach it non-Ice moves to deal with them effective types, but that's obviously not a good cure-all strategy.

What do all of you say?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Mamoswine, Froslass, Frost-Rotom, Articuno, Regice, Weavile; they're all wonderful! There's not really much to discuss about those Pokémon though since their battle styles are all very much famous - especially my main Pokémon Mamoswine x]

What would you say we could do about fixing that? My best bet would be to teach it non-Ice moves to deal with them effective types, but that's obviously not a good cure-all strategy.

What do all of you say?
Interesting... Well, I think the best way is to go for out-speeding the opponent. I mean, the majority of Ice types do get a huge speed stat so it's not really a huge problem when it comes to being faster than the enemy. The only problem is that with things like Mach Punch/Bullet Punch where you're up against priority moves, this strategy certainly ain't going to work ;; I guess other than out-speeding, you'd just have to buff their defenses with as many items or moves as you can before all the rocks, fists and metal start pounding into you whilst setting you on fire. x]

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014

What do all of you say?

Defensively they do, but when they got speed...they rock.~

I would say the same, and it worked for Weavile..for a bit. I'm not at expert at these things at all. No really, I'm not don't listen to my advice, I always seem to boost their speed and focus on their speed and either special attack or attack. That way they're the first to hit and their attack will always do some good damage. I always use another Pokemon first, and if it isn't one of those who have either Priority moves, I send my Weavile and other ice types out. Of course, this doesn't always work they sweep my team for some reason. Like Ozzy said, out speed the opponent.

On the other hand, they do go against grass types, one of the most common Pokemon, so they do have their chances.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Defensively they do, but when they got speed...they rock.~

I would say the same, and it worked for Weavile..for a bit. I'm not at expert at these things at all. No really, I'm not don't listen to my advice, I always seem to boost their speed and focus on their speed and either special attack or attack. That way they're the first to hit and their attack will always do some good damage. I always use another Pokemon first, and if it isn't one of those who have either Priority moves, I send my Weavile and other ice types out. Of course, this doesn't always work they sweep my team for some reason. Like Ozzy said, out speed the opponent.

On the other hand, they do go against grass types, one of the most common Pokemon, so they do have their chances.
Seems like the perfect option is to combine them with another type then eh? :D I think combining Ice types with other typings would be the ideal method to counteract some of these common problems that come up a lot with Ice types. I mostly think combining Ice & Electric would be great to see. I'll quote what I said in another club since it's entirely relevant here right now. :3

Spoiler:

So that's the explanation to why I think Electric types would work perfectly in synch with Ice types but yeah, what other types do you guys think would work well as a dual typing with Ice? :3

Also how cool would an Ice & Electric type look omg /fangirls

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2015
Why am I not first here?
Name: Cardinal/Santa Bird
W-what do you want from me!?: One word.... Delibird.
My buddy Delibird, I'll call you Ness!
I use them pretty often, although I'm planning to use a Leafeon in Platinum.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016

Unfortunately I don't use Ice types a lot due to the fact that most of them aren't all that great at battling. :( As for a dual Ice type, I would think an Ice/Fire typing would be helpful since Fire would cover most of Ice's weaknesses but then it would leave the pokemon vulnerable to Rock type attacks.

Welcome to the club Cardinal! :D

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: Avishka
W-what do you want from me!?: I love Ice Pokémon.
My buddy Articuno
I rarely ever use Ice types in battle on purpose bcuz they have many weaknesses (i.e. Fire, Fighting, Rock and Steel)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Welcome to the two new members!

Unfortunately I don't use Ice types a lot due to the fact that most of them aren't all that great at battling. :( As for a dual Ice type, I would think an Ice/Fire typing would be helpful since Fire would cover most of Ice's weaknesses but then it would leave the pokemon vulnerable to Rock type attacks.

I feel the same way haha. It's really hard to get passionate about using you a Pokémon that you have no confidence in D: An Ice/Fire type would be very interesting, but what kind of designs could it possibly have? I tried thinking for ages about this and I came up with literally nothing haha. Perhaps implement an iceberg into a volcano? Maybe something like Regice with Camerupt's volcanic hump? o3o I dunno, but this is something I'd really like to see happen partly 'cos it'd be a great type combination to use, and partly 'cos I'm interested to see the design they'd use. x]

droomph

weeb
Years
Hm...everyone, what do you think a great Ice/Fire type design would be like? It's encouraged draw your ideas if you're artistically inclined, but if you can't just describe~

...tbqh I don't know what would be. Glass is a great example of "ice" that can withstand fire, but that doesn't have anything to do with this...

A Pokémon like Larvesta/Volcarona is genius (a bug that isn't weak to fire!), but an Pokémon made of ice, that can withstand heat? That seems impossible. Though it would be a very nice Pokémon to use...

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Name: Okjoek
W-what do you want from me!?: In this cold unforgiving world you can die or survive. By mastering it, I thrive!
My buddy Glacion, I'll call you Shivers
Answer the current topic! ^Droomph wouldn't Lapras or Walrein count?

My Ice type team I supose it's relevent:

Abomasnow
Weavile
Lapras
Froslass
Mamoswine
Glacion

droomph

weeb
Years
Hm...you're right. I must have been tired or something :\

But the problem is, Lapras and Walrein are both "cold" Pokémon (meaning they don't look like they can take heat). Pokémon like them don't look great with fire~ personally, I think fire and ice don't really match...though it would be nice to see someone find a way to make one! Game Freak, better work hard on this one because we'll be expecting a lot~

also hi

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Why not a Fire/Ice type? There's already an Electric/Water type: Rotom-W. There's also 3 Pokemon that are a Ground/Flying type: Gligar, Gliscor, and Landorus. I'm sure there's more "impossible" matchups, but I can't think of any more. XD To me, an Ice/Fire type doesn't seem like such a far leap for Game Freak to make when designing the next generation Pokemon.

Perhaps implement an iceberg into a volcano?

A volcano that erupts with icebergs. Now that's not something you see everyday. I would totally get an Ice Pokemon and, if I could, teach it erupt just for the fun of it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back