• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I'm not lucky...

Years
So, today I was playing Emerald, and when I caught an Aron, I went to the Pokémon Center and healed my team. The nurse told me that some Pokémon had PokéRUS. (I was like, wtf?) So I checked, Aron was infected with PokéRUS. After a while my team got infected.

So then I look the chances of getting PokéRUS and I read that's 3 in 65,536 or approximately a 1 in 21,845 from either Wild or Bred Pokémon.
Then, I look the chances of getting a shiny, it's 16/65536 or 1/4096 (Generation VI)

Why i'm so unlucky? Why I couldn't get a Shiny instead? Has someone got a PokéRUS Pokémon and never got a shiny?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Why are you complaining? Pokerus is the bomb diggity.. But to answer your question, nope. I have gotten Pokerus before (once on a Kyogre), and two more other times. I've also gotten shinies, too. Most of them in Emerald. But honestly, I prefer Pokerus to shiny, because shiny is just a different color, Pokerus actually HELPS you in battle, which I think is much more useful then a different colored pokemon.

Years
Why are you complaining? Pokerus is the bomb diggity.. But to answer your question, nope. I have gotten Pokerus before (once on a Kyogre), and two more other times. I've also gotten shinies, too. Most of them in Emerald. But honestly, I prefer Pokerus to shiny, because shiny is just a different color, Pokerus actually HELPS you in battle, which I think is much more useful then a different colored pokemon.

Yeah, but PokéRUS is (if i'm not wrong) only for EV training. And I don't EV train in the game story.

Be happy with Your Pokerus, Its really nice to get, It's harder to get pokerus then a Shiny

But I never had a shiny. :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, I've encountered about four shines. Been able to capture only three, though, because the other was in Safari Zone and just ran away before I was able to do anything. xD;; As for PokéRus, nope; I've never been able to be contaminated with it.

Years
While I've picked up Pokerus on three or four occasions over the years, I was never able to get it on any Pokemon in the third gen (not that it really mattered, as I don't EV train either). I have managed to run across 4 shiny Pokemon in FireRed/Sapphire and only two across all other generations though, so I know how the reverse luck feels.

IeUaN_08

Researching
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
I had been playing since R/B, how is this the first time I have heard of PokeRus? What exactly is it?

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I had been playing since R/B, how is this the first time I have heard of PokeRus? What exactly is it?

it acts like a permanent, non-detrimental Macho Brace - it doubles the EVs yielded from a fainted Pokemon. it can be spread throughout your team and unless you place an infected Pokemon in a box, the virus will (after a day or so) become non-transmissible and the previously infected Pokemon will develop an immunity to it while still retaining its beneficial effects

Last edited:
Back