• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
this looks really good. i like the battle system. I've always wanted to play a pokemon game with a 3rd person view battle system. The two Eevees looks pretty good. By looking at Necreon (and his name) I'm guessing its a ghost type. I think it should be changed a little because it kind of looks like Glaceon. Although the flashing color is a nice touch. Adreon kind of reminds me of the Pidgey family, so I'm guessing that its a flying type. Anyway, whether I'm wrong or right, you should probably put their types next to their names. I am a little surprised that this hasnt made it to the showcase yet. Seems like you have made a lot to go on.

Gonna download the demo and try it out a later

Edit: May I suggest uploading your game to a website such as Megaupload. My virus protection (McAfee) popped up and said the site had potentially dangerous/unwanted files. If you upload to some kind of sharing site, you wont have problems in the future.

Sure thing, here's on Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?emu3cqt7r50scq6

And thanks! Yup, you got the types right; and I've asked to move it to the Showcase, but it apparently wasn't approved. :/

Looks lovely, Im downloading the demo now. Love the Necreon concept looks epic. Also love that dark fish evo line and the fighting evo line. Not a fan of the psychic one though but still good job :)

Thanks! It's curious that there aren't many choosing the Psychic xD

And yeah, a brilliant job was done with those two Eeveelutions ^^

Years
I tried playing earlier and it crashed, I don't remember why, so I'm gonna try again in a little bit.

What was the reason that it was denied from the showcase?

D. Lawride

Years
I tried playing earlier and it crashed, I don't remember why, so I'm gonna try again in a little bit.

What was the reason that it was denied from the showcase?

I can't deny there have been some incompatibility problems, but we're seeing into fixing them.

As for that... I don't know. There just wasn't any response, and seeing as it's been more than a month, it's likely that it was denied.

D. Lawride

Years
Okay then, I updated the first post with new screenshots and basically gave the thread itself a cleaner look (hopefully).

Here are the screenshots, all fresh and definitive:

capture000.jpg
capture001-1.jpg
capture002.jpg

capture003.jpg
capture004.jpg
capture008-1.jpg

capture006-1.jpg
capture007-1.jpg
capture005.jpg

capture009.jpg
capture010-1.jpg
capture011.jpg

capture012.jpg
capture013.jpg
capture014.jpg

capture020.jpg
capture015.jpg
capture016-1.jpg

capture017.jpg
capture018.jpg

capture019.jpg

Toa77

A Creative Writer
Years
I'm downloading the beta right now, and, from the screenshots, this looks really good. I'll post a review when I've played it.

Years
glad to see that you're in the showcase now.

curious to know if you fixed that crash. for me it always crashed whenever i entered my first battle; whether it was a wild pokemon or the trainer (cant remember her name)

D. Lawride

Years
I'm downloading the beta right now, and, from the screenshots, this looks really good. I'll post a review when I've played it.

Thanks a lot! I'll gladly wait for it! =D

glad to see that you're in the showcase now.

curious to know if you fixed that crash. for me it always crashed whenever i entered my first battle; whether it was a wild pokemon or the trainer (cant remember her name)

Eheh, yup, we have finally reached it.

Hm... I don't know what could cause that, but it seems to be incompatibility, because it just occurs to some people while most others don't have any kind of problems at all (note that it's the same version for everyone). So, sorry, but I haven, because I haven't figured the problem yet. =/

YourFavorite

One who can't think of a title
Years
This looks really awesome~ I can't wait to see it finished~
I downloaded the demo, but I'm supposed to be really busy this week, so I don't think I'll have a chance to try it for a while. D:

D. Lawride

Years
This looks really awesome~ I can't wait to see it finished~
I downloaded the demo, but I'm supposed to be really busy this week, so I don't think I'll have a chance to try it for a while. D:

Well, thanks! =D

So anyways, I'm afraid I had to put the battle system aside due to the lack of scripters, or people able to do it. I would do it myself if I knew how to handle it, but alas, I don't.

For now, I'll leave a collection of screenshots, most of them containing important stuff like the intro sequence (lower left), the current battle system (upper center), and the Mt. Pinnacle Gorge Cave (lower center).

collection_2_by_donlawride-d2pm2ap.png

Click here for the link to where these are for more.

Years
nice screenies, i like your mapping style, expect the last screenshot, look like you got a tile set error at the far left edge of the UN reachable grass.

D. Lawride

Years
nice screenies, i like your mapping style, expect the last screenshot, look like you got a tile set error at the far left edge of the UN reachable grass.

Thanks! =D

Hum, what error? If you're referring to the grass being unreachable, it's supposed to be that way, it's just for landscape purposes xD

D. Lawride

Years
Okay people, here it is! The promised 1.3 version of Pokémon Nightmare!

VERSION 1.3 RELEASE (25/03/2011)

Mediafire Download

This version has updated graphics and many others not present in the first releases. I skipped V1.2 because it was going to be uploaded, but was postponed.

D. Lawride

Years
VERSION 1.3.1 RELEASE (25/03/2011)

Mediafire Download

This version has all of the previous errors corrected, including no sound, no windowskins and no ability to save xD

In other words, fully functional (AT LONG LAST. PERIOD.) xD

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
genious work..loving the graphics and the storyline, and the fact that gym badges and elite four are not obligatory for the stoyline, oh and sweaaatttt fakemon dude !!!

gd luck on this
i'm definately visiting again...

PaulUrchin

Imma Spriter wanna be... meh.
Years
Hmm, nice work, but i'm getting problems with the battles, whenever My beloved... Psychic thing, takes damage the game crashes with this error message:

Script 'PBDebug' line 24; Errno::ENOENT occurred.

No such file of directory - Data/debuglog.txt

-

So err... is this a known issue?

D. Lawride

Years
genious work..loving the graphics and the storyline, and the fact that gym badges and elite four are not obligatory for the stoyline, oh and sweaaatttt fakemon dude !!!

gd luck on this
i'm definately visiting again...

Thanks a lot! I thought it was time we broke the mold, so in order to complete the storyline, you don't need to defeat the gyms at all. Of course, if you want to fight the E4 after the main story, you'll need to defeat either Gyms or Colosseums.

Hmm, nice work, but i'm getting problems with the battles, whenever My beloved... Psychic thing, takes damage the game crashes with this error message:

Script 'PBDebug' line 24; Errno::ENOENT occurred.

No such file of directory - Data/debuglog.txt

-

So err... is this a known issue?

[Un]fortunately, it is. I'm working on fixes for this; I would recommend you to try the first demo out meanwhile, since the new new one only has simple graphic updates.

PaulUrchin

Imma Spriter wanna be... meh.
Years
hmm maybe I could mess about with the files if the first one works?

I'm thinking it just crashes cuz there ain't a debug.txt file, but I could (and probably am) wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back