• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite video game

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The most would be; Golden Sun.
All 3 of them were amazing to play, mostly the second one, to me it had original story lines and characters, though the gameplay was much like Final Fantasy, with the battle mode and exploration methods, I mostly like the puzzle parts of it, not many RPG games had that, they just had the occasional, press switch here and there, where as golden sun it was using magic to overcome many obstacles, and at times, it got reeeally hard, and rage making, which is what I loved, hard puzzles.

With puzzles being mentioned, the Portal Series is an all time favorite for me;
Portal 1 was just amazing for me, I love the good all puzzle, logical thinking games, Portal had so much logic required I played it 5 times over, without growing bored, and then what did they do? Portal 2. Just when you think portal is good, they do a sequel with characters, storylines, backstories and actual cutscenes. Portal 2 rocked Portal 1, but they still are equals. I know what you're thinking, ''Hey! Portal 1 had Glados and Chell'' But in my opinion, you don't learn alot about Glados, only she's a evil computer, and Chell well ... she refers herself as ''Subject Name Here''. That's no help.

Last edited:

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
I think Fable: The Lost Chapters (Fable 1 PC version) is the game I enjoyed most. Therefore, it is my favorite video game.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Tales of Graces f; I love just about everything to do with this game. Unlike other Tales games Graces has the fastest battle system that is unlike the traditional turn based rpg because it's battle system is more like a fighting game only it's an rpg.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I have many favourites, but they tend to range between consoles and PC. Zelda: Minish Cap is one of my favourite ever games, and certainly up there when it comes to the handheld games I enjoy on handheld systems. Same goes for Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. However one of my all time favourite games has to be the Witcher 2. That and Skyrim being released around the same time took up the bulk of my gaming year this year, so they would be my current favourites.

I'll always love the Spyro and Bandicoot games too from PS1. So as I say, it really depends on the genre and console, I have too many favourites.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
If I had to choose just one game, it'd probably be Super Smash Bros. Melee for the GameCube. I really like Brawl as well, but I've just spent so many hours of my life on Melee multiplayer, and trying to get all of the trophies. Added to that is the control system being beautiful to work with, the graphics really good for a GameCube game, the characters all being different, and the levels. I wouldn't call many games 'perfect', but this is the closest I've experienced to gaming perfection.

Digitama

don't stop pata pata
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 23, 2012
I'm leaning towards Kingdom Hearts, but I also love the Digimon World games.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Devil May Cry 3.

Normally, I get a game, play till I finish it once or twice - depending on how long and interesting the campaign is - and just get it over with. But that's not the case with this one. Probably because this game is actually meant to be played over and over again. I mean, there are five-six difficulties, awesome gameplay, pretty good graphics for its time and very solid voice acting along with a decent storyline. I can pretty much play this game forever. Pretty sure I've invested more than 150 hours into it. And it is supposed to be a seven-ten hour game, lol. And I still play it even though it has been almost 7 years since it launched on PC (technically, it is nine years but w/e).

But I don't think I can leave it at that. Apart from DMC3, a game which I still thoroughly enjoy every time I boot it up, there are games like Mass Effect (only the first one), Assassin's Creed II and Metal Gear Solid 2 which gave me goosebumps at times. Those were the only games which made me utter "HOLY ****, THAT WAS AWESOME!" by the time I finished those games. So yeah, they gotta be given their due importance. ;]

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
Currently: Xenoblade

One of the BEST games I've played in YEARS. It's truly a refreshing RPG experience and I highly recommend it!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Any Mario Bros. games prior to the Gamecube are my favorites, with my all time favorite being Super Mario World. Also, I gotta add the new Super Mario Bros game for the Wii, and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Those games are the ones I find myself beating several times and never get tired of it!

Zozma

I'm a blur
Years
1. Suikoden series.
2. Fire Emblem series.
3. Shin Megami Tensei series.

I recently enjoyed Disgaea 4 and The Walking Dead: The Game. The latter is definitely my favorite game of the year, though.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
other than Pokemon probably the Halo series. I love there story and Gameplay!

Years
I'd say Mariokart Wii. That game was beautiful and oh I played it so much. I have high hope for Farcry 3 as well, getting it tomorrow so lets hope it's amazing!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2012
Can't just choose one! For platforming I'd probably have to say Megaman 2 or Megaman X. Fighting games: Street Fighter II and Smash Bros Melee. Glad to see other people like Grandia and Devil May Cry 3 also! I think Devil May Cry 3 might be the most satisfying game I've played: it just feels really good to go from not being able to get past the second level to maintaining a SSS rating while shredding through Dante Must Die mode. On my computer I've been playing a MMORPG called Remnant Knights and Spelunky when I just want something quick.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Animal Crossing. I have logged so many hours into those games it puts my Pokemon playtime to shame probably.

Haha, I'm the same! I still have Animal Crossing: Wild World and check it every day to make sure none of my NPCs are leaving. ^,^

Only I wouldn't say it's my favourite game really. I enjoy games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and New Super Mario Bros. Wii but only if I'm playing with my siblings. Also, Fable: The Lost Chapters for PC and Diablo II bring back a lot of good memories.

My most favourite game of all time would have to be... Bah, this is too hard! I'll just make it my top three most favourite. It will have to be Terraria, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Dragon Quest IX. I could go on forever.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
My favorite games would have to be these three:

1. Lufia the Legend Returns (Gameboy color)

2. Super Paper Mario (Wii)

3. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii)

TY

Phew... i love a lot of games and i still play em... But if i had to make a top 3 it would be atm:

1. Tiberian Sun: Nothing beats this game IMO, the best RTS from Westwood (now EA)...

2. Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2: Dont ask me why, but the campaign is very addicting and way more better than every other CoD game... thought it would be crap but turned out to be awesome...

3. FIFA 13: I just love football (soccer for the US people) games, especially Ultimate Team

Years
I got a LLLOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGG list of favourites

But as of right now, the game I play most is Gods Eater Burst. I like Monster Hunter Freedom Unite too. Graphics and gameplay are better and all, but the missions take up too much time to clear.

Gods Eater is basically the same as Monster Hunter except that it's set in a more futuristic storyline and is more fast paced and easy compared to Monster Hunter.

This might change soon, however, as I'm getting a PS VITA for Christmas

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Aside from Pokemon, I would say Super Smash Bros. Melee, World Of Warcraft, Day Of Reckoning, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead 2.

Back