• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underrated/Unknown Games

Terff

the unimportant
Years
Dwarf Fortress, could be easily one of my all time favorite games. The content is incredible the features are astounding everything is just great. Sure it is incredibly hard to learn and its lack of graphics make for increased difficulty, but still it's content makes up for that because its so darn awesome! I am surprised it isn't as well known as other games even though it has received a lot of praise (New York Times and is in the Museum of Modern Art). Anyways I highly suggest it :D

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Underrated, eh? Let's see...

Mega Man 5 and 6 (NES)
Chrono Cross (PS1)
Radical Dreamers (SNES, JP, Satellaview)
Secret of Mana, Mega Man 7 (SNES)
Mega Man 8 (PS1, Sega Saturn) (DAT. VOICE. ACTING. x3)
Final Fantasy VIII (PS1)
Rockman and Forte (SNES, JP) (Otherwise known as Mega Man and Bass, GBA)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
> Those are all I can think of for now...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
252px-Syphon_Filter.jpg

I think the Syphon Filter series was the most underrated shooter game out there imo. Most people say it's a rip-off of Metal Gear Solid, but it has a captivating storyline. I wish there were more shooter games like this one, ones that have a good storyline. This game was my first shooter game that I played when I was young, and I still play it today, being my favorite and all.

Years
...I will be genuinely surprised if anyone here actually knew about Guru Logi Champ, though.

Not to rattle anybodys cagebut, I've actually heard of this game. A few years back, after seeing it referenced in Super Tetris for the SNES, I checked it out.

One of my favorite fighting games of all time is Power Stone 2.
Power_Stone_2_J_Cover.jpg
This is one of those games you would buy the console just to play. It has tons of different unique items that you get access to in game through crafting other items together, and there was a sense of accomplishment when you got the really rare items. This game has so many items you can unlock that it takes up almost all the space on my VMU but it's worth it. Another thing Power Stone excells at is maps. It has really creative maps with interactive environments, such as turrets you can jump in and shoot at people, or cannons that fling rocks too people who may be fighting below. Most of the maps are also dynamic, so they change as the fight goes on. One of the maps goes from being on a airship in the sky which is pretty cool in itself, to the ship crashing and you fall down to a floating island with its own cool featurwa. Also there are 14 unique characters (including the 2 secret ones) that all have different moves, and different special abilities once you collect 3 power stones.

This game is also pretty rare although I own it. I believe it's worth around $200.

Last edited:
Back