• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2015
Ahh, I get it now. Thanks for answering. =]

Argh, if those evs were under 100, then it's a good thing I decided to re-ev-train...>_<

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Just wanted to mention that the max you can increase any one stat is 255, although you should only go 252 since points have to be divisible by four and you place those other 3 points elsewhere.

While we are on the subject of EVs, I also want to mention that in Emerald the berries 21-26 will reduce the EVs of a stat by 10, allowing you to remove unwanted EVs, if needed. Those berries will also increase the Happiness of a Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
You need to have the data of a certain number of Pokemon in your Pokedex - that means you need to catch them, not just see them. I'm not sure how much it is, 100 something.

Then you need to talk to Prof. Oak, and he'll give you the National Pokedex. Now you need a Rainbow Pass, I think you talk to Celio for that.

The Rainbow Pass will let you sail to all 7 islands from Vermillio City.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2010
you have to beat the E4, after that, catch 60 kinds (evolution counts as another kind) go to the guy on island one with the PC storage thingy and do what he wants..

K-K-Slider

SQUIRTLE!
Years
Rayquaza Help!

Hello! I have a question about catching Rayquaza in Pokemon Ruby. I'm looking to restart the game until he's shiny, but I don't know when his personality and shiny is determined. I'm saved three rooms away. Is it determined from the start of the game, or when you enter the room he's in, or when you battle him?

Also, can you EV train Rayquaza?

Years
Shiny status and nature are determined when you interact with it, so technically, it would be during the battle. Any and all Pokemon can be EV trained.

K-K-Slider

SQUIRTLE!
Years
Oh, okay. Thank you. So, all I have to do is spend tireless mind-numbing hours restarting the game until get it? :p Thanks for the assistance!

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2015
Yeah. Save right next to him, press A, see if it's shiny and if not soft reset. Then do it 8191 more times and you should get a Shiny Raquaza...maybe.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Pokemon Firered rules!
Q: What's the point in pattern bush on six island?
Apparently... there is no point, really - from what I've heard people say, there is no pattern... =/ It hides no secret places or events or the such though, that I'm sure of though.

Years
I don't know if this belongs to here but I'm stuck at naranja,I have lapras and surf ans I've reached into the island of the guards and the electric,that doesn't lets you enter,there is a girl that doesn't let me go,and when I want to get into desert a rock blocks my way,what to do?

Try the Emulation section for information on Rom Hacks.
As for the point of Pattern Bush, it's because Heracross is there. Who DOESN'T like Heracross?! Lol. There's no point, really, but it's just there to take up space, i guess.

slaughter077

Thread is Getting Way Bigger!
Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2014
Pokemon Firered rules!
Q: What's the point in pattern bush on six island?

lol i have no idea.... other than spinarak, heracros, and ledyba

Yeah. Save right next to him, press A, see if it's shiny and if not soft reset. Then do it 8191 more times and you should get a Shiny Raquaza...maybe.

Or, you can go buy DPPt and I'll trade you mine :P

Last edited:

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
wheres the guy on leafgreen that tutors seismic toss?

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2015
I have a golbat in my firered, I've had it for a while. I just fought giovanni in the game corner and sadly golbat fainted...but then I beat giovanni with wartortle. After the battle, it told me golbat was evolving. It started glowing, the bubbles appeared around it and then a second later the whole thing stopped and it just gave me a "...?" message. I didn't push B, I'm certain of it. Did this happen because he requires happiness to evolve and he was fainted at the time he tried to evolve?

EDIT: NVM, just read that it's because I don't have the national dex so crobat can't register...=p

Last edited:

whodathunk

Smity Smithers VII
Years
Exp. Help

I've been leveling up my team, trying to get their levels to around 70. Where is a good place to get a lot of experiance?

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2009
I used to use the elite 4 to do that, but if you can't use them (i.e. if you're training for them) then... well, idk. cerulean cave (if it's for the second time) or victory road (if it's for the first time). well, that's how I did it.

also, I got the aurora ticket (thanks to silver314) but nothing happens when I walk past the guy at vermillion with it. am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back