• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Jasper Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
~Andrea said:
the graphic is awesome good job

xiaoqiao143 said:
OMG!!! I really love this hack waiting for beta to come

Pike15 said:
Really looking forward the download

Skarric said:
I've been itching for some new games to play; can't wait!

Thanks for all the compliments :)

Pinkish Purple said:
Arrgh can't wait for an update!

Yes, I've been meaning to post about the next update.

I have been very busy with life lately, so I haven't had much time to work. To go along with this, my hacking computer's hard drive just failed a few days ago (don't worry, all the hack files are safe) so that's a big problem. I'm trying to get that fixed as soon as I can.

But rest assured that this hack is still progressing. Slowly.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Status Update:

My computer is finally fixed after several weeks of problems, so I will be getting back to working on this again! I'm still pretty busy with other stuff in life, though, so don't expect any update too soon. Just know that this hack will be worked on more than it has in the past few weeks.

For now, I want this thread closed. I will reopen it when I have an update to post. I'll still update the first post with any new information, though, so check there for that.

Can a moderator please close this thread?

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Thanks Dr. Fuji for reopening the thread :)

Update!

Ok, I've decided that I'm going to focus on mapping and inserting tiles until I get them to where they need to be for the first beta. I've been all over the place in what I've been working on, and that has really slowed things down. So I'm going to get these things completed, and then start seriously scripting. Just in case anyone was wondering about scripting for this hack :D

Anyways, here're some screens:

c1.png
c2.png

c3.png
c4.png

Another town.

pc1.png
pc2.png

Pokemon Center/Mart

oakintro.png

New Oak intro/textbox colors

snow2.png

Snowy area -- more to come!

Shiny Zard

Call me Iroh.:Zard Collector:
Years
Great, Great!
It looks great! I can't wait to play!!
This seems very interesting!
Also, Very Nice Tiles :D

lizzzz

I want to be the very best!
Years
You know, I was just reading this the other day and was sad that the thread was closed! I'm very happy there is new progress :) Everything is outstandingly beautiful!

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
OMG OMG OMG Welcome back, SA1 :) I love that mart -***- PC thingy! It's really cool :) But sad thing is if ur computer hadn't crashed back then, you would have been able to create a beta and perhaps enter HotQ :( Anyways, good luck!!!

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
wow, this is cool!
the tiles are really nice, lets just hope your scripting goes in well with them.
the hero overworld is nice, do you have a sprite for it yet?
and the pokemon center and mart are cool.
good luck :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Wow! You're back! With an awesome update!
I'm looking forward for Beta! Good luck with continue-ing it!

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Shiny Zard said:
Great, Great!
It looks great! I can't wait to play!!
This seems very interesting!
Also, Very Nice Tiles

lizzzz said:
You know, I was just reading this the other day and was sad that the thread was closed! I'm very happy there is new progress Everything is outstandingly beautiful!

Thanks for the support!

Pinkish Purple said:
OMG OMG OMG Welcome back, SA1 I love that mart -***- PC thingy! It's really cool But sad thing is if ur computer hadn't crashed back then, you would have been able to create a beta and perhaps enter HotQ Anyways, good luck!!!

Maybe the next HotQ :) We'll see how progress goes. I wont be giving up on this anytime soon, that's for sure!

kebbles said:
wow, this is cool!
the tiles are really nice, lets just hope your scripting goes in well with them.
the hero overworld is nice, do you have a sprite for it yet?
and the pokemon center and mart are cool.
good luck

Thanks! I certainly hope that my scripting won't be fail :paranoid:

The hero overworld does have a trainer sprite.

Gerokunz said:
Wow! You're back! With an awesome update!
I'm looking forward for Beta! Good luck with continue-ing it!

Thanks!

---

Tiles/palettes are 99% done for beta 1 (unless I think of a bunch more that I want to add), and mapping is moving more quickly as well. Hopefully I will have another update soon before I start scripting for real!

Also, I forgot to mention that I updated the screenshots on the OP to be current (a few palette changes and redone maps over the past month).

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020

There! I digitally restored your userbar into full HD :)

HTML:
[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285999&page=1][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LruEc.png[/IMG][/URL]

PS: Sorry I couldn't find the previous image I used for your userbar >.>

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Hacker Bisharp said:
New screens are very good! Especially the center and mart
Keep it up!

Thanks!

Pinkish Purple said:
There! I digitally restored your userbar into full HD

Thanks Pinkish Purple :)

I'll add it to the first post!

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
SkyIsDarkBlue said:
Hey it's been awhile! this hack has evolved alot. Is there anything new?

Not much right now. I have some screens I could post, but I think I'll wait untill I have more progress to show.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Update!

Some more screens to show some progress over the past weeks!

f3_zps6406488a.png
f4_zpse6ca1881.png

forest1_zps789587e5.png
forest2_zps25d97018.png

^These are screens from the same forest that I posted a couple of updates earlier. The maps are more polished and most of the tile errors should be fixed now.

sm2_zps9f87dd88.png
sm1_zpsa3ec8208.png

Mountain interior.

---

I have come to a point in my progress where I could use a bit of help, if anyone is interested.

I want to start inserting some music, but that's not really one of my strengths in ROM hacking. I can assemble the music into the game fine with sappy, but I find getting it to sound good difficult. I've been messing around with it for a few days now, and with all the constraints/my lack of complete understanding I simply cannot get it to work.

So if there is anyone who would like to help (either to perhaps do it for me, or, preferably, help me to understand how to do it), send me a PM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (and you would be credited for your help, of course)!

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Awesome! new update 8D I like that honey tree thingy. It looks sooothing. I'm sorry Idk a thing about Music inserting... I wish I could help!

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Pinkish Purple said:
Awesome! new update 8D I like that honey tree thingy. It looks sooothing. I'm sorry Idk a thing about Music inserting... I wish I could help!

It seems that not a whole lot of people know lots about music inserting...its not easy. Anyways, I'll keep on trying to figure out how to solve the problem I'm having even if nobody can help...

Elite Four Lucian said:
I love the tiles, they are beautiful. Excellent progress, if you need any testers or a mapper, hit me up.

Thanks! If I ever need some other assistance I'll ask!

Last edited:

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
I can point you in the right direction when it comes to hacking music, if you want. :)

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
SK3 said:
I can point you in the right direction when it comes to hacking music, if you want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Can you PM me with what you know in regards to the problem I posted a few posts up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back