• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
Oh snapz. Charmander was my very first Shiny, got it off LeafGreen. Its lost now. But I will get a new one in good time. Congrats dude! :]

Thank you very much;). Aww so sad u lost it man:(. I can't even start to begin to imagine what that would feel like, especially if its one u worked hard for to get.

Oh and as for the IV's and nature... It's a male (thank god lol) with a rash nature (prefered adamant timid or modest but hey rash at least boosts its special attack and his speed isnt hindered lol. Wonder if I should make it a mix sweeper or still run the special set regardless. His IVs are rather average for what i found so far. Nothing superb nothing horrid.

HP: 12 - 21
Att: 13 - 15
Def: 14 - 23
SpA: 14 - 17
SpD: 23 - 24
Speed: 7 - 9

Could have been way worse again, just wish his speed was at least 15 or so lol but hey no complaints here;).

Oh and what should my next hunt be? SR for a mudkip in Ruby, SR for giratina in Diamond, SR for Dialga/groudon in Soul Silver or just random encounter in Fire red (could be anything)?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Congratulations on the shiny Charmander. [:

I haven't run into any shinies since I found the three Skitty. But I also haven't been hunting at all. I'm not sure what to look for next...perhaps Gastly. That is, if the current swarm isn't something I'd like to catch as a shiny.

Also, I figured you guys might find this useful. It's helpful in searching for your next target:
http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/shiny

Last edited:

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
Hey everyone!~ So I went ahead and set up a thread in the challenge forum for "The Shiny Hunter Challenge"! If anyone has suggestions for rules/optional rules let me know! I kind of just made everything up because I didn't know where to go with it other than basing it around shinies. Haha. Here's the link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301216 If you're already doing a run or something similar feel free to join even if you've already started or even if you're not doing exactly what the rules state (let me know so I can expand!) I hope a bunch of you here are interested in doing this with me! =3

@TSE: Maybe set a certain amount of time aside for eevee hunting and do a little every day? Or instead of time do a certain number of eggs? Then you can dedicate the rest of your free time to the race but still spend a little time on eevee every day.

@Dimitrius: Congrats on the Pichu!

@Janske: Congrats on the Charmander! I wonder if the saving thing is legit or if it's just a happy coincidence? .....I still hold down and B when catching pokemon. c_c;

@Slenderman: Thanks for that link! Not that I need more shiny hunts to add to my list... xD

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
Woohoo!!! After 2000ish soft resets (I stopped keeping track after a while) I finally got myself a shiny Totodile on HeartGold! Woot!

Nicknamed him Aggro
male
modest nature (not ideal, but he'll Surf like a beast I hope)
Often scatters things (whatever the heck that means...)
Attack 9
Defense 12
Special Attack 11
Special Defense 10
Speed 9

As it's not a 1/8000ish thing I guess it won't count toward the contesty thing, but hey, 3/8000ish is still pretty awesome, so I'm happy. :D Yay yay yay!

Janske

Years
Thank you guys for your replies:D. Made me even happier after reading them haha xD. I think I decided to random encounter for nidoran male next on fire red (that blue nidoking is just so awesome lol) on and off while doing some SR's for either giratina on diamond or dialga in soul silver.

I hope it wont take me too long lol. About the happy coincidence Kitori I have absolutely no idea, but since it worked for me, I might try it out for the next SRs I do and fill you in on how it goes;).

Good luck to everyone who is hunting shinies :D

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Hi guys!

It's been a long time xD
Truth is I stopped hunting and playing pokémon alltogether for a while, but this holiday, I decided to give it another shot and it instantly paid off!

After three days of hunting, and 1374 SRs, may I present to you:

attachment.php

A.K.A. 'Savior'

IVs: 2/27/29/9/14/14
As it's got a Brave nature and fairly good IVs for Attack/ Defense, I'll probably be going for an Attack/ Defense Suicune, which is not on Smogon but I made one up already.

Good luck with all of your hunts!

Janske

Years
Congratz on your shiny Suicune man;)! And what a lucky guy you are:O. Only 1.3k SR's, that definetely isn't too bad:O.

Any idea on what you will hunt next? And I never had a shiny legendary before:(, though I might do so on fire red;).

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
Hey guys I feel bored and tired of just hunting for shinies since I have already beaten the game so I...
Have joined the Shiny challenge! I will love to have a race btw TSE and Janske wanna race?

Janske

Years
Hey guys I feel bored and tired of just hunting for shinies since I have already beaten the game so I...
Have joined the Shiny challenge! I will love to have a race btw TSE and Janske wanna race?

Sure man:D, though currently I am ahead of you since I obtained a shiny charmander already xD. But that doesn't mean you can't catch up to me lol. It just gives u more pressure to get that shiny;). Oh and I am not going to lose here easily so give me your best:D

Years
Welcome to the club to the new members!
Congrats on the Charmander and the Suicune (they're both so purdy :D)
And welcome back the club from your break pokewalker.

Koopafan, what are you hunting? I'm not sure if we have anything to race for right now, but if we do sure thing! ^^

My updateeee:
Eevee MM - 2225
Johto Starters - 9000 Seen

Gonna keep going with at least 1000 Johto starters a day until I get it. Then I'll be hardcore hunting for Eevee till that shines!

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
@Jenske Lol thanks, but my party of Shiny pkmn more than make up for it.

@Kitori Thank you! :D

@Pokewalker Geez! Thats awesome, Shiny suicune. Im trying to get Shiny Entei and Raikou, I just released them all from the tower. Its gonna be killer trying to get them to show themselves. v.v

Hehehe. A bunch of you are going for some really sweet looking Shiny pkmn. Having gotten Shiny Pichu, and it having evolved into Pikachu and my Shiny Eevee into Umbreon, Ive started my hunt on Dratini. Alright Torchic was once first on my current hunting list, it dropped to third after pichu and now Dratini. Im thinking of being crazy and switching out my Shiny Croconaw for a Shiny Horsea... But I dont got one, and am not sure where's the best place or game to hunt for it on. Hm. Gotta see where my priorities are. x.x

Good luck with the Shiny hunting everyone!!!

Janske

Years
@TSE; Thanks a lot:D. What are you hunting for at the moment?

@ Dimitrius; If you want a place with a lot of horsea i recommend to super rod in BW in route 18. Though it seems a lot of work, u can register the rod and then press double Y to immediatly cast it without ANY waste of time. You will find horsea there with a 60% chance rate. Definetely recommended. You can of course also do this in the ruby,sapphire,emerald version where there is that old man that takes you to the liechi berry island but they are less common (30%).

And I really love this community, everyone is so nice/awesome. I never experienced this before lol.

Last edited:

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
@theroguewriter: Congrats on the totodile!

@pokewalker: Wow! Congrats on the shiny suicune!~ I think that might be my first legendary hunt once I get far enough in SS. @_@ I love the legendary beasts.

@Janske: I agree! I've always been a forum lurker before now! I mean, I'm not super active here either but at least I post once in a while. xD I haven't met anyone I don't like yet in PC (except people who proposition trades and never go through with them. c.c;)

Janske

Years
@ Kitori; Oh yeah I know alright:p. Usually it goes like this: Hey do you want to trade "this" pokemon for "your" pokemon? Sure let's trade :D! *enters GTS happily (wastes time)...* Hey are you there yet? Sorry nvm, gtg anyway bye. (person is never to be seen again xD). Thanks for wasting my life -.- haha.

@ Everyone; what do you think about the BW2 shiny charm that increases the chance of seeing a shiny in 1/2,370 and hatching an egg by 1/1024? Do you think it devalues a "true" shiny like 1/8192 or do you still see it as a normal shiny encounter?

I personally can't help to think it got a bit cheapened. I don't say it isn't nice and definetely saves some time, but still I can't help thinking it feels like cheating lol. The 1/1366 egg chance in BW is still "OK" in a way as hatching takes way longer than RE or SR so therefore I find that method legit too. It is just my own opinion but feel free to post yours;).

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
no in the badge quest i wanna race and i don't mind what starter i get since well shiny gastrodon is fine and same with shiny budew and shiny ponyta (looks at blue fire O.O).

Years
Dimi, just out of curiosity, you do know you have to save in front of the place you release them, go find them both, and if they aren't shiny reset and repeat, right? Just checking you know lol.

Janske, I'm hunting for Johto starters and Eevee(MM) right now! How about yourself? :)

Also, I do agree with the opinion that it cheapens shinies. I found the Masuda odds to be just in the balance between time it takes hatching and odds of a shiny - and when I ask my friends if they have the shiny charm when they found their shinies and justify the lower odds by the time it took to get the national dex, I can't help but point out that I feel to earn shinies you should hunt shinies, and not complete pokedexes. That's just my two cents though - I just won't ever use the shiny charm! XD

Koopa, that sounds cool! Good luck getting your starter soon! :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
@Eevee x.x In front of the place? Aww, crap. I figured it'd be a different frame or IVs for my first encounter with them. I've just been avoiding them in the wild, but I thinkI did release them. ...Yeah I did.x.x Lmao, well there went that. I'll have to use my LeafGreen for them now. XDD

@Janske Awww, I know, I ran into a bunch of them on my last run through B/W. Im trying to get one or wanting for for my SoulSilver for my party. I'd have to hunt it on HG or Platinum. I think I got a few places in mind. Im at the Olivine Light House now in SS with 4 badges, so I could try near/around the Whirlpool Islands, not that I cant actually get past the whirlpools.

Wait, what? Shiny Charm? I've never heard of that. Then again, I only made it after my victory in the pkmn league in B2. Thats when I lost my SS file and turned shiny hunter, so I put that game on pause for a few long months. xDDD SS is still by far my favorite remake of my favorite main pkmn game, so all my efforts and focus is always centered around it. I play the others for the plot and story lines. I love seeing the reasoning behind every evil organization in pkmn.

And this sucks! I made a post this morning that didn't go through! I was in my cellar, with my moms stupid boyfriend spray painting something. I was there first, and he came down to do that alone, indoors, without opening any windows. I kicked him out of the cellar after almost passing out. I was about to give up on hunting Dratini, Ive been on it almost nonstop since getting Pichu, and I actually got it. It was like 5am-ish. I was so stocked. I think my Pichu and Dratini might also both count for the May Challenge. <3

I wonder if the fumes made me think I sent the post? Or I did something wrong. I dont know. x.x I was so angry at that dude.

Dratini's IVs and Nature (he lvled up once since my post last night, so the stats now changed)

Female; Modest; Impetuous and Silly

Atk -25
Def -20
Sp. Atk -27
Sp. Def -21
Speed -25

I had also put up the ones for the Pichu (caught at 22 but now 30 and a pikachu) but Im too lazy for that now. I only care about the Dratini right now. I love Dragon Pokemon. :] Still failing on Torchic. Ive been hunting that for like... Seven? Six weeks now. Stupid Sapphire and Emerald. >.<

Years
@Eevee x.x In front of the place? Aww, crap. I figured it'd be a different frame or IVs for my first encounter with them. I've just been avoiding them in the wild, but I thinkI did release them. ...Yeah I did.x.x Lmao, well there went that. I'll have to use my LeafGreen for them now. XDD

Sorry for even more bad news but Entei and Riakou both know Roar in FRLG which causes them to be gone until you beat the E4 again, and that causes them to reset so they won't be shiny any more if they were...
Entei and Raikou, the hardest shinies to hunt in the history of ever >_>

Congrats on that Dratini though - so many lovely shinies coming right now!

Janske

Years
@ Dimitrius; Yeah you should check the shiny charm out, though I don't like it, you get shinies easier lol. Also, wow those are impressive IVs for your dratini!! Maybe not a perfect 31 stat, but all 20+, very nice indeed:D.

@TSE; Yeah I am glad you think the same way as I do:D. I don't even own BW2 yet but I guess if I do I wont complete the pokedex so I save myself the temptation to get the shiny charm and get them "legitimately xD". I am hunting 2 things currently. 1 is for the shiny challenge of Kitori which is (hopefully) shiny nidoran male in Fire red. The other shiny is Ho-oh in SS. I'm switching but I get bored of SR very quickly since no competition like with the shiny challenge haha:D. Do you think finding RE is going quicker in gen III compared to gen IV and V?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
Kitori: Thanks! I was really happy to finally get totodile :D

I'm past the second gym now, and in search of a RE shiny to join Aggro. That, I suspect, will take some time. :)

Back