• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I keep switching skarm in and out of my team. Some days I like him and some i don't. He is a threat though and shouldn't be underestimated.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I've never really used Skarmory that much tbh. I don't really use anything that sets up spikes/SR other than using Bronzong lately. I don't really see Skarmory as much of an issue though for me, since I have Rotom-W, Latios, etc (tbolt and hp fire).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yea ( just like scizor) the 4x weakness to fire is what makes me undecided on skarm. Plus I've found in my experience that if I use a more utility based pokemon outside of chansey I tend to lose a lot more. Of course my playstyle consists of heavy hitters, a rapid spinner and one staller. I like to kill of the hazard setter as quick as possible, spin away said hazards, then try to pull a train wreck on the other team.
Yea, I'm sure my strategy is flawed but that's my playstyle.

Actually, Skarm doesn't have a 4x weakness to fire. It's steel/flying, and flying isn't weak to fire. :x

Aaand I don't use spinners, I tend to just put up with hazards and just try to switch less if they're in. I'd much rather have my five offensive Pokemon than four and a spinner since they sorta balance each other out. :(

Years
Gah i knew that, I feel so stupid. I was picturing ferrothorns weakness chart in my head. D'oh!
My spinner is Starmie and more or less it is a wonderful offensive threat as well. Great speed an attack movepool. I just hate the psychic part of Starmie.

Years
I don't use a spinner on my uu team.
But on my ou, if I don't lead with 'nite, I don't want rocks to ruin multiscale an have to roost right off the bat.:/

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
so im way too lazy to read all the thread, and im also thinking of coming back to mons (hi everyone, im still alive) give me a tl;dr version of what's standard in OU and/or UU. i'll appreciate it. thanks.

p.s. i realize smogon lists them, but i dont really want to look at usage stats and stuff because that's way too much effort for me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
so im way too lazy to read all the thread, and im also thinking of coming back to mons (hi everyone, im still alive) give me a tl;dr version of what's standard in OU and/or UU. i'll appreciate it. thanks.

p.s. i realize smogon lists them, but i dont really want to look at usage stats and stuff because that's way too much effort for me.

WELL. Rotom-W/Scizor/Dragonite/Deoxys-S/Politoed/Ferrothorn/Terrakion/Latios/Haxorus. Those are probably most common tbh off the top of my head.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Continuing the Rapid Spinner topic: I used to have Excadrill as a Rapid Spinner until it became Uber. Now my team doesn't have one, but I don't know which one to use.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
Years
I haven't played enough to know if I want a rapid spinner or not. Currently I have one but eh, I've had like 3 battles total and 1 with this team. I plan on experimenting with numerous different teams but I need to give each one a fair go so it'll take me a while to decide how I like to play.

Years
I just replaced rapid spin with grass knot on Starmie and had a few battles. Honestly, I didn't miss it at all.

On another note, has anyone else noticed an increase in donphan usage or is it just me?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I just replaced rapid spin with grass knot on Starmie and had a few battles. Honestly, I didn't miss it at all.

On another note, has anyone else noticed an increase in donphan usage or is it just me?

Ive noticed it but Donphan sucks imo, it loses to the most common Spikers in the game (Ferro). Loses even worse to the most common ghosts (Gengar and Jellicent) and people just dont use it correctly and use Terrible Shard on it. Ice Shard has always been bad, it didnt beat Garchomp back in the day when phan was OU nor does it beat any other 4x weak dragon because its just so weak as in Max Attack Adamant Donphan cant even OHKO Min HP / Min Def Nite AFTER SR with it. Assurance is far better because then you can actually touch ghosts. Its also dead weight against any weather teams, loses horribly to all entry hazards bar SR. Just blegh. [/Phan rant]

As for Deoxys-S ive thought it was broken since round 1 to be honest. Stacked hazards with that speed and Taunt/Magic Coat is ridiculous. Also can anyone post conformation that it was actually banned, i know its suspect, but is it actually official ?

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
so are we ever gonna have clans or is it gonna be another one of those "we're going to do it things but we never do it" -_-

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
As for Deoxys-S ive thought it was broken since round 1 to be honest. Stacked hazards with that speed and Taunt/Magic Coat is ridiculous. Also can anyone post conformation that it was actually banned, i know its suspect, but is it actually official ?

Yeah I blogged about it with some proof.

Deoxys-S was always annoying for my team, the Taunting and Magic Coating really tore apart my team at the time and the fact that it doesn't go down to a slight breeze like Deoxys-A made it harder too.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
so are we ever gonna have clans or is it gonna be another one of those "we're going to do it things but we never do it" -_-

We are apparently, when Wolf and Anti get round to it. Also comm night is meant to be coming back.

@ Vap; Oh wow. O.O lol

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Spoiler:

so i made a team today, with about 10-15 minutes of research and i tested in a few battles on the ladder, so far i havent had too much trouble, just want to know if there is any glaring weaknesses? had a bit of problems with conkledur or whatever that thing is, basically if latios cant set up, then i get killed to death by it. i assume you have a basic understanding of what each pokemon's role is in the team.

if you don't: heatran-set up hazards, stall stuff. scizor-scout, landorus-scout, latios-sweep, starmie-spin and kill things, rotom-kill things and support stuff.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Since no one seems to have actually confirmed it, Deo-S is indeed banned.

Anti

return of the king
Years
1936 4271 7557 add my friend code and i add urs so we can battle on pokemon black or white just reply to post with me name and ur fc !! XD

Use the Quick Battle thread in the Tournaments and Events subforum for this. ;(

Well, Karpman has suddenly left PC, and he was one of the three clan leaders. We will have to replace him before it gets underway. There is no need to be pessimistic really - things will get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back