• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Team Astra: v2.0 (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Please don't call me Spheal. -_-
Female Bug Catcher is a great idea! But now that just like Bugsy from the Azalea City Gym...

Last edited:

Pokehacker11

a kid with a knack for mapping
Years
Aw! I thought you might like it. It dos'nt take a detective to figure out that you like Spheal. :)
Well, I ment as a trainer. The female bug catcher, that is.
And just for the storyliners to use: I'm thinking the leader of the bad guys will be, you know, unupdated as far as technology goes.
No cell phone, black/white TV, computer half the size of my living room, etc.

And on a side note: once I post 15 times, I'l post an enhanced version of the region map I want.
I've already emailed it to Outkin.
They're each basically the same. Mine is just richer.

Where is everybody anyway? Nobody but me and mineox100 have posted today.

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
100th post?Time to celebrate!
beer.gif
lol jk
Female bug catcher is a good idea. I could try to make one as well. :)
@ Everyone
Thanks for the compliments on the tiles! However, I suck at shading. If anyone wants to do that, go ahead. ;)

Pokehacker11

Years
I can't shade, sorry. But, the female bug catcher seems to be "catching you caterpies's eyes" :) so I'm very glad I came up with that.

@Everyone
I'm done with the town map... I just need someone to Email it to that has a Photobucket or tinypic account, and can put it on pokecommunity.

Also, is there an IPS/GBA for the game(s) yet, or are we just Brainstorming?

Last edited:

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
Like the building, it'll be perfect for the first town me thinks.

Grats on 100 posts :D

For diffrent versions, interesting idea, but it'd be easier to do it on one game. All we'd need to do when we're done is change the title screens and the pokemon that appear.

And lastly, are we going to agree on this map?
picture.php

Cyru

-
Years
I'm no mapper, but i think we can all agree that map ^ is great!

oh and by the way im not a spriter at all but i got bored and wanted to follow up on the female bug catcher thing so..

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokehacker11

Years
OK guy's! Here it is!
townmap.png

I should probably resize it, but...

You see, the big cave is where you would make your final encounter with the legendary Pokemon.
Thats one reason why I like it.
Also, I put a town in the middle of a forest, witch I also like.
The town You start off in is to the right of that place, and to the left of the big body of water.
graphic wise: Needs a lot of work.
but I like it map wise.
Oh, and it involves a lot of turning around. I'l number the places later.
Oh, and if needed, I'l put some more connecting towns.
contact me if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Cyru

-
Years
i think that maps good! i think you need to add some sort of (train?)system or just a general way of getting around more but other than that it's awesome!

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
Ideas are always great but I thought we decided on cosmos map >_<
We could consider part(s) of it into the final or decide on one, up to you folks, but we should stop adding new ones and decide on one very soon.

I'm having issues with my normal computer, I can get onto the fourms using other computers but I will be unable to do major work for a few days....also I will send out mapping assignments soon, may it be for cosmo's map or p-hackers (or a combination)

Pokehacker11

Years
OK. I can go with Cosmos map. I did post mine a little late, but whatever. It's fine.
I think we should do a little more graphics on it though. I mean, I like the combo idea too. we could find a way to put my cave in Cosmo's.
so, anyway, The train idea seems nice. we can put in in pretty much any map. the only problem is it might be a hassle for the scriptures, mostly to keep them out until the specific time.
But, we could replace the interior of the SS Anne with the interior of the train.

Last edited:

Pokehacker11

Years
Oh. Well, I think you should put more forests in it. I also think my town in the center of a forest idea is a winner too.

Oh, and also: can anyone here tile? If not, then that's a problem.
Oh, and also about victory road: I just got an Idea! All victory roads are caves, right?
Well, victory road could be a mountain or something.
Or a forest, a route, or anything (as long as it's sane :)) why does everyone assume it's going to be a cave????
Man, I have good ideas.

Last edited:

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
I love the victory road idea :D

Adding on to it, who said it had to be a single thing for the whole road? Why couldn't the player travel through forest, caves and beyond to get there? It would kind of help strengthen the idea that this is a test for the player, preparing them for the elite four.

Иιио

♥ Soy una dulzura
Years
Sorry, pneumonia, I am still in bed and few times get up xDU
The idea of ​​the bugs loved it, so far I have to do:

Sprite bug type
VS face
minis
Arrangements of the old sprites

Anything else so do not forget? xD
PS: All very good ideas = D

Pokehacker11

Years
@Outkin
Great idea! Like... A mountain that has a forest at the base, and a cave a little higher up, and snowy way at the top. That would really test trainers.

@Nino
Well, sorry you have been sick, but glad your back.
So any ways, I dont think you forgot something. I think the female bug catcher is it.
Just one question: how do you insert the vs sprites? That I don't get.
Unlz GBA or something?
Thnx.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Spoiler:

Here's the new map. I made it just earlier today. Green represents forest, blue represents water, triangles are mountains, etc. Also, if you notice the yellow dots (or key points) they make a pentagon with a point in the middle. I figured each of the quintuplets could live on one of the islands with the point. Also you start in the bottom right island, with the Pokemon league next door. You then proceed to all the other cities. Red=Gym town, and blue= side town, like in DPPt. The lake and town in a forest are there too. Hope you guys like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back