• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Team Astra: v2.0 (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokehacker11

a kid with a knack for mapping
Years
Oh, really. They look pretty diferent. ButI'l look at then again.
After looking: Nope. They barely resemble each other. Well, I kinda liked the first one better.

Last edited:

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
He did make changes, it's only natural that it'd be a little diffrent.

Is there anything else anyone would like to add before I start handing out mapping assignments? Haha, I don't want any more last minute changes XD

Cyru

-
Years

so, anyway, The train idea seems nice. we can put in in pretty much any map. the only problem is it might be a hassle for the scriptures, mostly to keep them out until the specific time.
But, we could replace the interior of the SS Anne with the interior of the train.

Actually, the whole keeping people out thing is one of the easiest commands ever lol, and as always if you wanted to implement some kind of SS anne type train or anything the scripting wouldnt be a problem.

Pokehacker11

Years
Really? Oh. Well I guess your right. Like if we wanted to keep them out until the get the 6th badge, the command would be:
checkflag FR_BADGE 6
If == jump 876984
end
#org 876984
Msgbx: Oh! Hi! Welcome aboard.

#org 87684
= ' Oh! Hi! Welcome aboard!

Or something like that. I'm not good at scripting :).

But, we are still going to need someone to tile. Like, seriously. We desperately need a tiler. We have spriters, mappers, idea guys, and even banners (banners! How random can you get?), but not a single tiler (well, Cosmotone can tile well, but he can't shade. Not really much of a problem, but it also seems like he has a little trouble doing it.). So we are going to have to put some ads up.
Maybe we can pick an ambassador (Curu?) to go to the help recruitment thread or something. Also, can somebody maybe a scripter, Make a day/night system? We can do the seasons later. I just think it would add a nice touch. I mean, the names of these games are Pokemon Day and Pokemon Night, right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Name: Nobo71
Skill(s): Testers (Beta), Mapping
Main role(s):Beta Testing, mapper
Past experience: I have played many hacks and created many maps using Advance maps. But never had been on a team before.
Contact Information: PM me. I check email everyday.
Time Zone: Eastern
Other: Ask me questions, look forword to joining.

Pokehacker11

Years
@nobo71 yeah, It might take a while for the recruiters to get backto ya, but we could use some more mappers. But right now, we are looking really for someone that tiles. It would be a real help to us if you knew a tiler.
So just wait for Cosmo or Outkin to get back to ya if they have not already.
So, I'm pretty sure you are going to get recruited, it just does not seem you have been recruited yet.
Just so that you don't worry, like I did :) (yeah, I got kind anxious waiting :))
Well, cya.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Ok, looking foward to joining. Yeah if you need any role. I will try my hardest to learn to do what is needed. And thanks Pokehacker1

Pokehacker11

Years
Eh, don't mention it. I like being nice.
Anyway, I'l give you the Bannars after Cosmo/Outkin respond.

@everyone
So, we decided on a region map, right? No objections, right?
If so, there's nothing stoping us getting some mapping assignments. I'm thinking after doing a map, we can hand it over to the scripters, right?
Also, do we have somebody that can make the music in the game?
That would be awesome.
If not, then we need a tiler and a music guy.

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Welcome to the team! Sorry to keep you in suspense this long, but I was busy all weekend.
@pokehacker Maybe we can hand it over. I dunno really, because I don't do scripting or mapping... I just make the sprites and lead the team. Also, on the region map thing, we don't have any objections, right?

Pokehacker11

Years
@Cosmo
Hand what over?
And also: no objections. I think everyone is fine with that map.
So how about this:
If you have any objections, you better say them really fast.
AKA, before Outkin starts handing out assignments. After that, your pretty much screwed. (if you don't know what that means, it means that something bad happened to you)

@nobo71
Welcome to the team man! Glad to have another mapper.
Outkin should be handing out mapping assighnments soon.

Last edited:

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
Years
I'm nearly done with my computer problem :D

To celebrate? Mapping assignments!

Can you guys tell me what your interested in map-wise so I can assign you maps that you would enjoy? Thanks!

Pokehacker11

Years
@Outkin
I'd like a forest!
I really like forests. On the map we decided on, I see a forest with a town in the center.
Just tell me the map(s) that I should hack.
Also, who does the first map???
Like, can you send the first guy to do their map the IPS, then they will send it to the next person and so on.
@everyone
We could set up a Team Astra Megaupload account. Maybe even a Team Astra Email.
You think that would be good? We are a team so... It's your choice.

Last edited:

Cyru

-
Years
Isn't megaupload gone now? something to do with an american law? But yeah i'm all for an email!
And by the way when would you be passing it to me, when it's all done, or with segments? Also, when it's given to me, can you tell me what you want to happen? (e.g Get a Pokémon here, Rival battle here, gym leader types, Pokémon, etc.) lol i'm not an idea guy :L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back