• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Boss Musics

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I had no idea you played Blue Dragon :3
Best RPG this gen...or last.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Anyway I have to say, the boss theme for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is shaping to be really damn good. David Wise at his finest. Would be awesome if each boss got a different boss theme too.

And I have to give Metal Gear Rising the honorable mention. What a dope game and an even doper soundtrack. Particularly this one. Best part about these is that the vocals kick in right when the boss is at CRITICAL HEALTH. So, yeah, if you didn't buy MGR yet, I just gave you an excuse.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
I am disappointed this song isn't here yet even though there has only been 4 posts.

Live & Learn from Sonic Adventure 2 has to be my all time favourite boss theme.

Spoiler:

Coming in second would have to be Supporting Me from the same game :P

Spoiler:

Though I think Lances/Reds Battle Theme from Gold/Silver would definitely be up there somewhere. Those are the ones I can think of right now anyhow.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It might be my Gen III favoritism but I always thought the Magma and Aqua Admin boss music was intense af. (considering it's in the same gen with Miror B's music I don't think it's just bias though)

dat bass

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Final boss theme from Sonic 3 is my favorite. It fits the atmosphere of the fight very nicely, and it never fails to get you hyped. I used to constantly re-challenge the boss just so I can hear the music again, haha. The final theme from Yoshi's Island is also my favorite. When I first heard this theme after I had taken down Baby Bowser, I started to think that I'd defeated the last boss. As it started to get more intense, I knew that I wasn't done, so I had to prepare for another match. It was quite a nice swerve.

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
As bad as Sonic 06' was, I really like the His World instrumental version, it just has a fantastic tune to it. The lyrical version doesn't really work that well in my opinion and the instrumental version is a lot better. It has a really good beat to it and flows so well.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
A lot to choose from. I personally would go with Lufia II's Sinistral battle theme. I find it epic on every level and it makes the battles just that more intense.

Spoiler:

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
I absolutely love the orchestral final boss themes that the "modern era" Sonic games had (except for the one in Generations. The Time Eater theme sucked.) But of all of them, the Perfect Dark Gaia Theme from Sonic Unleashed is by far the best.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yesssssssss yes. This theme is just purely epic; it's such a dramatic and appropriate soundtrack for such a spectacular boss fight. Granted the boss itself doesn't feel too epic because it's such an easy fight (if you've got the right cannon on!) but the music sure helps to ramp up the event. I was considering posting the music from Ape Escape 2's final battle, but after having remembered Kid Icarus I'm not sure anything can beat it haha.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
While Runescape may be a mediocre game, the music has always been phenomenal. The boss tracks are some of my favorites.

From the Dungeoneering skill/dungeon-crawling activity in Runescape 2 & 3, the music for Shadow-Forger Ihlakhizan:

This one is a heavily-remixed version of the main Dungeoneering theme (and for a while, RS2's login theme), "Born to Do This". The Shadow-forger uses both light and shadow during the fight, and the pillars pictured in the video are a huge mechanic in the fight. He can use a damaging flash of light and can spray acid, and the only way to avoid them is to hid behind the pillars; however if you're behind them for longer than a few seconds he can attack you with their shadows, so you have to duck in and out from behind them often.

From Runescape 3, the boss theme(s) from The Death of Chivalry quest (a remake of the quest Black Knight's Fortress from Runescape 2):

Major quest spoilers:
Spoiler:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Sometimes I'd go around trying to find different boss musics, and well, here are my favorite two:

Thunder Force 4: Evil Destroyer
I came across this trying to look for good sounding boss music, and I think that I had found the best one for the retro games.
Spoiler:

Dino Crisis: Final Boss Battle
This indeed brings back memories. Fighting the T-Rex here was very tough at first, and the music brings on panic.
Spoiler:

Back