• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Real working pokemon mmorpg

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
sweet

I respect the fact that you will be able to move freely in your game so that is a true MMORPG. I wish you goodluck on your project and I offer you my help if you need it. Im doing my game in VB aswell. :classic: Just IM me on aim if you need any help.

Best of luck on your project!

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
rm2kdev said:
well we can ... as me and seiph both code C++ lol
but for a 2D mmorpg it is not needed because vb will make it reach 70Fps nu we will lock it at 30 so it runs smooth c++ would make 100 or so but would be locked at 30 whicm means the vb client will be as fast as the c++ one
-note i am at work this is my last post for 5 more hour's
Depends what library you are using.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
:) seipheroth has been programing some more Java stuff into the client i can say what because its a Supprise :)

I got my Ipaq 5550 back so now i can code on the game ANYWHERE in the world :) if im on the bus for an hour long trip and im bord i can code anywhere :) and send it to people wirelesly XD W00T it owns

Oh yeah speaking of seipheroth i should talk to him XD hes online now :P
*sends message to seiph*

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Ok guys heres some progress updates :D
Seiph and I have been working on a map format its coming along quite nicly

Heres some Recent Photo's of the JAVA client running on my pocket pc
note its an Ipaq 5550 with a Wi Fi Internet connection for multiplayer play.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Neat. Urm, does that tree happen to be burning in the second screen?

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
LOL no that would be the angle i took the photo at (my Light on the roof was reflecting)

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 13, 2007
the screens look great keep up the great work :)

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Hey guys thanks for all the intrest we are still working on it we have some more development added to it i will tell you later (im at work again :P)

Back