• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Hero's Path

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
PKMAN.png

The Basics
Owner: Veng3anc3
Co-Owner: Horus
Hack of: Fire Red
Hero/Heroine: Ash
Main Region: Johto

Story!
You start the game as pokemon champion Ash Ketchum in your hometown of Pallet, were the brand new harbour has just been finished building. You decide to be one of the first to board, so you pack up your stuff. Prof Oak find you to tell you your Pikachu had an egg! It hatched not long after it was layed, you take the baby Pichu and travel to the Johto region. This is were the journey begins!

Features
:pokeball: Scripted from scratch
:pokeball: Travel through Johto! (and small parts of Kanto)
:pokeball: Brand new story line, with some original parts ;)
:pokeball: Player talks.
:pokeball: New rivals, and Old.
:pokeball: Familiar faces.
:pokeball: New Items
:pokeball: Be Ash, or Misty
:pokeball: Starters are Pichu (if you pick Ash) or Starmie (if you pick Misty)
:pokeball: Some changes to maps, some may big big, others smaller.

Media!
ScreenShots
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Support
Spoiler:

Work Center
I'm going to do the mapping and scripting. I would like help with the following;
OW makers
Tile makers, and inserters
Backsprite editers
Title screen editors

The Hackers
:pokeball: DarkCharizard257; Scripting/Mapping
:pokeball: Horus; Scripting/Mapping
:pokeball: feffe; Beta tester
:pokeball: Pizzakoe; Spriter/OW maker

Progress
Pallet Town
Maps; 100%
Scripts; 100%
Interior; 100%
Over-All; 99.9%

Ship Interior
Maps; 100%
Scripts; 100%
Trainers; 100%
Over-All; 99.9%

New Bark Town
Maps; 100%
Scripts; 0%
Interiors; 75%
Over-All; 50%

Last edited:

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Well, I'm kinda new to hacking, so I'm a bit inexperienced, but I might be able to be a Beta Tester if you need one?

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
Sorry, we don't need any Beta testers yet.. and I have one so far. I'll get further into progress before I get testers.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I'll give you my "Battle! Champion" DP remix. Not edited- still in .mid form!

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
AuRiOnsX6 said:
can i be the backspriter please i love backspriting
Yes! *adds to team*
YankeeX said:
I'll give you my "Battle! Champion" DP remix. Not edited- still in .mid form!
I'm not gonna go about inserting music yet, but thanks anyway!

Anyway, I'm gonna go to sleep. Peace guys.

FinalEclipse

Learning to be a Tile Artist
Years
6 at a time

Lol Aurion is on both of our hacks.

Sweet.

Meowth I'm doing 6 hacks at a time now

Pokemon Zeyphre(me)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Destiny time bomb(me)
Phoenix Wright vs. Apollo Justice(me)
Pokemon Sun(miserylovedme)
Pokemon Hero's Path(DarkCharizard257)
Pokemon Mewtwo Strikes back(you)

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
PAllet Town;
2d0l574.jpg

I don't know if I need to add anything else. I'm not going to add any new tiles yet.. gonna start the scripting!

Last edited:

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
;-;
I know, my maps suck, k?
It's spose to look like pellet town as much as possible, cuz like, it is pallet town and stuff >_>
I apreciate the crit though.. I guess. Also, bad-ish news.. :C
It wont let me compile scripts. (my computer is a big pile of crap, don't try and help, it wont work anyway (seriously, I don't even know how my pc is still running xD)) Sooo yeah, I have the first event writen out. Just need to wait 'till after school to get my freind to compile it into the rom for meh -_-

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
Your maps do not suck, they are really cool. I like the way you added the Port, however, maybe you should look at adding a top connection but put guards or something who say you are not allowed in to Route 1.

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
I was thinking of a way to block of Route 1, couldn't think of anything.. :S But yeah, I might do the gaurd thing, thanks^^

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
Ok, I've got quite alot scripted so far.. I've scripted the mom event, I've scripted an excuse for not letting you out of Pallet town (:P) and I've scripted speech for all the 2 pedestrians xD
I'm gonna edit Oak's lab a touch, and then script it. Then I have the boat to map, only small though, and script. Small event is gonna happen on the boat, nothin' majour though. Then I'm gonna map New Bark town, script it all from zip (scratch, nothing, nadda) Then..! If all goes according to plan, release a Pre-Beta! :D

EDIT: Finished best part of the Oak scripting. Just one trouble.. he wont give you the pokemon. I'll get around it though, Heaps of screens for you guys!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
Nice scripts from what I can see. And the maps are good, just thought I might point out, small error on last screeny. Asides from that its awesome. I really want to play this game.

Back