• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many days does it take you to beat the games?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
10 days or less. Emulator takes less.

RSE seems to drag on, and on, and on, though... DPP is a close second, although I find Platinum more fun to play.

50% of that time, I spend on grinding. Also, in the new games (everything past 2nd gen) I spend a lot of time find the "correct" Pokémon, one with a good nature, and male. I'm considering dropping these requirements in my next playthroughs for the sake of convenience.

Emulator has speed button. This is used only for grinding and fighting grunts. I found that much of the reason I didn't enjoy RSE as much as I could've back when they were released was the speed button.

Madic0

Years
For me, this question was put to the test when my cousin came down from New Jersey a few summers ago. I had a week to spend with them (his immediate family included) and he requested I help him through a file on his Red version that he just restarted.

When I wasn't hanging out with them at the beach -- the only place they ever wanted to be, bless their hearts -- I was plowing through his game he lent me upon request.

Took me around two days, which really surprised me. If I calculate using the time just spent playing the game, it might've been closer to 9-10 hours.

Years
If I'm trying and have enough time, I can beat a Pokemon game within five days or so. My record is my most recent file of Crystal, which I started on a Friday evening and beat on the following Sunday morning. Lately, though, I'm more ambivalent about Pokemon, and I've had Pokemon White 2 for months and haven't yet beaten it (it is in Japanese, though, which is cumbersome after a while, even though I somewhat speak it).

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Uh.

I thought it had taken me ~10 days to finish White the first time around, but thinking about it, I got it on March 6th 2011 and finished the main story by March 10th 2011.

Years
Uh.

I thought it had taken me ~10 days to finish White the first time around, but thinking about it, I got it on March 6th 2011 and finished the main story by March 10th 2011.

Maybe your definition of beating the game has shifted or the number "10" has just been ingrained in your mind.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Maybe your definition of beating the game has shifted or the number "10" has just been ingrained in your mind.

I think the number 10 had been ingrained in my mind since I finished it on the 10th.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
It's been a while since I played one, but I can't imagine it taking any more than a week. I'm the most ridiculously boring player in that I have a strategy guide for pretty much every decision I make... no independent thought in my gameplan at all! :D

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
It normally depends on the game.
Yellow: 2 Weeks maybe?
Ruby: Don't recall.
Emerald: 2 Weeks maybe?
Diamond: 3 days.
Platinum: Haha xD one... night.
Black: A week?
Black 2: :'( Never played.

The longer ones are the ones I love to play as I grind and do many things before beating it :)

Years
It actually took me over a year to beat Crystal my first time (it was the first Pokemon game I'd ever owned), because I flat-out didn't know what to do once I'd returned to New Bark Town after defeating my rival.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Mm, well...it depends on how into the game I am. I can't remember how long it took me to beat previous generation of Pokemon, but I know it took me, maybe, a week or two to beat Black2; I'm pretty sure I coulda actually beat it quikcer than that, I was doing other stuff at the time.

Back