• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] *+:。♡.。The Fairy Type Club。.♡。:+*

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Sadly I think a Dragon based Pokemon would probably get the Dragon typing. Though, I guess Charizard is an exception to that so ya never know! But I would love a Fairy pseudo-legend (Water Lily Fae come to mind). There's also a very common belief that Faeries originated from fallen deities, so a pseudo-legend would be an interesting thing to explore.

I especially would like to see Game Freak tackle the idea of Trooping Faeries in the form of a legendary trio.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Sadly I think a Dragon based Pokemon would probably get the Dragon typing. Though, I guess Charizard is an exception to that so ya never know! But I would love a Fairy pseudo-legend (Water Lily Fae come to mind). There's also a very common belief that Faeries originated from fallen deities, so a pseudo-legend would be an interesting thing to explore.

I especially would like to see Game Freak tackle the idea of Trooping Faeries in the form of a legendary trio.

Trooping Faeries? Wouldn't the Lake Trio in Sinnoh classify as such? Just saying it would work no?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
That would be the general idea, yeah! Only they'd have to actually be Fairy types, not just based on nature sprites of psychic elementals.

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
Like a trio that is Grass/Fairy, Fire/Fairy, and Water/Fairy?
Or would that be Ground for Earth? instead of Grass.

There is so much potential just for the basic elemental deities. So many fairy tales in England, I'm really looking forward to these games. I don't think I've been this excited for a Pokemon game since I found out that Pokemon Emerald wasn't the only Pokemon game around. XD

Also, I changed my mind about Sobble. Maybe Water/Ghost since it's ability to turn invisible?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Like a trio that is Grass/Fairy, Fire/Fairy, and Water/Fairy?
Or would that be Ground for Earth? instead of Grass.

There is so much potential just for the basic elemental deities. So many fairy tales in England, I'm really looking forward to these games. I don't think I've been this excited for a Pokemon game since I found out that Pokemon Emerald wasn't the only Pokemon game around. XD

Also, I changed my mind about Sobble. Maybe Water/Ghost since it's ability to turn invisible?

Exactly! Or even just making two more companion 'mons that are Rock/Fairy and Flying/Fairy to function as legendaries of sorts. But I agree, there's so much potential for elemental fairies. I really hope they decide to bring more proper lore to the Fairy Pokemon.

And yeah, I can actually see that, like an old school "Acid Armor from the anime" type thing. Still want Sobble for Fairy, but I can see it. :)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
My initial prediction for the starters was along the lines of Generation 6 and 7 or Fire/Fairy, Grass/Dark and Water/Ghost. Water/Poison or Water/Steel(miss Gen 4 no?) were other options I've considered along with Grass/Fighting to mimic Gen 6 lol.

Last edited:

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
Exactly! Or even just making two more companion 'mons that are Rock/Fairy and Flying/Fairy to function as legendaries of sorts. But I agree, there's so much potential for elemental fairies. I really hope they decide to bring more proper lore to the Fairy Pokemon.

And yeah, I can actually see that, like an old school "Acid Armor from the anime" type thing. Still want Sobble for Fairy, but I can see it. :)

Sadly, I can't see Sobble becoming a fairy type. I think because we just had Primarina

I can see Scorbunny being Fairy though, as codehelmet said. Just reminds me of alice in wonderland. The rabbit who is always running around and focusing on the time

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Eh don't lose hope on Sobble becoming a Fairy Type. There is Mega Evolution after all and Pokemon can change their secondary typing. Altaria, for example, changes from Dragon/Flying to Dragon/Fairy. If they add Mega Evolution to the starters(which based on what I've been reading is a real possibility), then Type changes could be in play. Its very unlikely though as I think Fire Type has the strongest odds of gaining Fairy Typing. Its not a bad pairing either since Fire reduces Fairy's vulnerability to Steel while also being very effective against it. Meaning Rock, Ground, Water(or Fire's 3 weaknesses) and Poison would be what to watch out for.

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
I was thinking along that rumour of Armoured evolution, or whatever they called it. It was in a post that predicted the titles and the region's inspiration. It also says that the legends will be a Metal Snake and a Wooden horse

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Metal Snake huh? Can think of a few PC'ers who will like that if it happens to be true. Wooden Horse nicknamed Trojan? XD

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
If the Metal Snake is real, I would call it Edward. Edward from Full Metal Alchemist. Sort of close to Metal Gear Solid. XD And yes, I believe it was meant to be a nod to the Trojan horse. If those Legendary Pokemon were the case though, why would the game icons be wolves?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
If the metal snake turns out to be real, I'm naming mine Big Boss. xx

But I think they're going stick with the canine motif. Dire wolves and whatnot would make for interesting legendaries and tie into European lore. Or even something like the therian formes for the three legendary dogs. I could see a Mega Entei/Raikou/Suicune happening. M-Suicune would make for a lovely Fairy type. ;)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
If the metal snake turns out to be real, I'm naming mine Big Boss. xx

But I think they're going stick with the canine motif. Dire wolves and whatnot would make for interesting legendaries and tie into European lore. Or even something like the therian formes for the three legendary dogs. I could see a Mega Entei/Raikou/Suicune happening. M-Suicune would make for a lovely Fairy type. ;)

Mega Suicune? Why are you bringing Johto into this? Is there like an ulterior motive behind it like say... I don't know... Let's GO Johto or something? Plus why is it always the Water type that you want to be a Fairy Type. Why not Entei or Raikou? Got enough Water/Fairy combos for my liking :P

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
Water/Fairy types are just prime for picking though, with mermaids and water spirits. It's weird to hear about a flaming or shocking fairy, isn't it?

And seeing a Trojan horse turn into a Dire Wolf would be sort of cool

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Mega Suicune? Why are you bringing Johto into this? Is there like an ulterior motive behind it like say... I don't know... Let's GO Johto or something? Plus why is it always the Water type that you want to be a Fairy Type. Why not Entei or Raikou? Got enough Water/Fairy combos for my liking :P

Ah, you know me too well already, haha.

And hey, I'll happily take a Fairy type Entei or Raikou! :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yes Dragons will exist for the express purpose of target practice. >:)

Back