• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] The Manor: Enter if you Dare...

Years
Glad to have you! Did you have any experiences while on this tour?

I wish! But I'm afraid nothing cool and spooky happened to me, although the tour guide had some interesting horror stories to tell from his personal. He said that his fascination with occult began when he moved into his new house in California. He got "bad vibes" from the place the entire time, experienced chilling nightmares and just felt that someone was in pain. He had his backyard excavated and to his horror and that of police there was a body there, and it led to solving a cold case murder mystery in the community.

When I was little like 6 I went on another family vacation down south. I was with my parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, my grandma, and we visited a colonial plantation, ate a picnic there and studied the architecture. My uncle told me a ghost story of a child that died in the mansion, a little girl was trapped when the house caught on fire during a slave rebellion. The girl's ghost he said still roamed Bonnie Doone Plantation, and you could see her sometimes in the mirrors and windows.

As a kid convinced myself that I had seen the ghost pass by one of the windows as I stared from faraway at the house from the gardens on the estate. I cried out, "look there she is!! She even wears her hair in two pigtails just like me!"

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I wish! But I'm afraid nothing cool and spooky happened to me, although the tour guide had some interesting horror stories to tell from his personal. He said that his fascination with occult began when he moved into his new house in California. He got "bad vibes" from the place the entire time, experienced chilling nightmares and just felt that someone was in pain. He had his backyard excavated and to his horror and that of police there was a body there, and it led to solving a cold case murder mystery in the community.

When I was little like 6 I went on another family vacation down south. I was with my parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, my grandma, and we visited a colonial plantation, ate a picnic there and studied the architecture. My uncle told me a ghost story of a child that died in the mansion, a little girl was trapped when the house caught on fire during a slave rebellion. The girl's ghost he said still roamed Bonnie Doone Plantation, and you could see her sometimes in the mirrors and windows.

As a kid convinced myself that I had seen the ghost pass by one of the windows as I stared from faraway at the house from the gardens on the estate. I cried out, "look there she is!! She even wears her hair in two pigtails just like me!"

IMG_1106.JPG

Interesting story you have there. Ghost tours aren't really a thing where I live except for Halloween since there was only one company that ran online. My uncle lives about twenty five minutes from Gettysburg, where I got this keeper on a tour five years ago by a creek. Other than that, nothing else crazy happened.

Years
I was wondering if anyone here likes poke pasta or creepy pasta in general? Ever visited a youtube channel like Super Nerd Daniel or Creeps McPasta? There are some good tales about ghost Pokemon, curses, death and the supernatural. I have had to lay off of the scary stories awhile because I was beginning to have nightmares, but it has been some time since and I'm getting ready for a second helping. Halloween is coming after all.

Would content like this be appropriate to share here at The Manor? I thought I should ask first :)

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I was wondering if anyone here likes poke pasta or creepy pasta in general? Ever visited a youtube channel like Super Nerd Daniel or Creeps McPasta? There are some good tales about ghost Pokemon, curses, death and the supernatural. I have had to lay off of the scary stories awhile because I was beginning to have nightmares, but it has been some time since and I'm getting ready for a second helping. Halloween is coming after all.

Would content like this be appropriate to share here at The Manor? I thought I should ask first :)

Yes, Pokepasta is acceptable here. The only thing that I have not allowed is gore and graphic violence.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Oh yeah I know those youtubers! I'm not much into "creepypasta" but I do love to read amateur horror. I can live without the Jeff the Killers of the world but anyone who says Marble Hornets wasn't great for horror ARGs is lying imo.

@GhostHunter bring a camera that isn't a potato! :D

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Oh yeah I know those youtubers! I'm not much into "creepypasta" but I do love to read amateur horror. I can live without the Jeff the Killers of the world but anyone who says Marble Hornets wasn't great for horror ARGs is lying imo.

@GhostHunter bring a camera that isn't a potato! :D

Got back from Gettysburg this weekend. I couldn't do much since it was cold and raining besides shopping, driving around the battlefield along with occasionally eavesdropping on tour groups for a few seconds. The only real thing I bought was a shirt that I might wear to school on Halloween. Nothing much happened besides my brother pranking me by playing canon noises on his phone and my dad hearing laughing (most likely kids who went to a Tattoo convention close by that day). Pretty slow night overall.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Aw, well, even without any paranormal sightings sounds like you at least had a nice trip. :)

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
did somebody mention Marble Hornets

I'd love to join in on the fun (: I find these topics interesting.

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
Years
I'm a coaster boy. Most of my fear experiences have been on coasters. However, there's a few moments I'd like to mention.

During the time in Nightmare Before Christmas where the scary toys are released scared me for the first time. I don't know why, but it all looked so creepy.

The Drop-Out slides at Carowinds always scare me every summer when I go to their water park. Partially the heights and partially that the floor falls away beneath you...

Speaking of coasters, I found this video of a Planet Coaster ride.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
During the time in Nightmare Before Christmas where the scary toys are released scared me for the first time. I don't know why, but it all looked so creepy.[/URL]

Ooooooh Nightmare Before Christmas. Despite considering it a favorite film of mine, I too have been terrified of one thing in the film. And that's Oogie Boogie.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
did somebody mention Marble Hornets

Ahhh, that would be me.

I really do think it was influential for amateur horror media and brought the Operator to higher public awareness which (in hindsight, might not have been such a great thing...) at the time was awesome. Plus we'd never really seen a good found footage series blow up that much since The Blair Witch ten years earlier! I can't say I like what it and its legacy became, but I can't deny that it was a fun ride back in the day. It was also filmed practically in my backyard, haha.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
First off, I would like to say that I hope that everyone had a great Halloween yesterday. I know I did with enough candy to hold me off until Thanksgiving and good times with friends. Secondly, I have a new question,

Your best friend has never seen a horror film, what do you show them first?

For me, it would have to be The Others. Great buildup, atmosphere and not to spoil it, a twist that definitely caught me off guard when I first watched it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
My first pick would be the Silence of the Lambs, hands down.

Years
To answer the topic question I would choose something classic. I would avoid explicit material and go for good storytelling, something that is suspenseful and has mystery. I think if you have that you will always have a good horror film that most people can relate to the situation of. Something like Rear Window or Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

While here I wanted to ask if anyone has seen the 2012 movie Woman in Black? I'd be interested in having a brief discussion about this movie. Since this is the Manor it seemed fitting to bring up a nice haunted house film.

I saw it in theaters when it was released, and liked it enough to purchase a download of it from Amazon to watch again once it was available. Its been years since I have seen it, but I got to enjoy my copy again during Halloween.

After watching it a third time I had some questions about the ending that I wanted to speak with someone else about. Caution, this includes extreme spoilers if you haven't seen it. Turn back while you can!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Has anyone ever walked alone at night? It's the creepiest feeling, paranormal or not. Realistically you can get mugged, kidnapped or even worse, all veiled in darkness and no one will know... Some boy once ran to me in a hoodie, and I almost got a heart attack but it turns out he just wanted me to take a picture of him and his friends by the stadium. Be careful at night guys.

Last edited:
Back