• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1M sub-circuit board... again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I know this question has been asked before, but I've looked and looked, found solutions, tried everyone and had no success.

I have the vba-over.ini with all of the ROMs in it, I've changed the save size as 128k Flash and I've started all my games from scratch. I tested it out with Shiny Gold and still, I get to the Elite 4, finish the game and get to the start menu again. What happens after that is, I get a flash of a white screen and it'll just start the game all over again. But no further message about the circuit board.

However, a lot of threads I've read mension a saving problem and a loading problem. Even at 64k, I never had this problem. I used VBA 1.7.2 and I've even tried the 1.8 beta 3, still to no success. Is there anyway I can continue either Fire Red or Shiny Gold after the Elite 4???

Thanks in advance for any help.

Years
Maybe you ARE using a save patch and shouldn't be. Try to find an unmodified ROM... erm, I mean, dump your own! Yeah, that's what I meant.

Anyway, current emulators don't need save hacks, and screw up with them. This is why distributing hacked ROMs is ebil. Oh, and illegal, too.

Years
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not using a save patch; all I did was change the save to 128k flash and create a vba-over.ini file which specifies in it for each ROM the save file size.

Unless the Shiny Gold ips patch as a save patch with it too. But the Fire Red ROM I have is just a normal ROM, not patched with anything as far as I know. I suppose I could download a different version of Fire Red and see.

Thanks again

Years
I'd say its worth asking in the Shiny Gold thread whether the patch changes how the game saves in any way. If the answer to that is a yes that saves a lot of trouble.

Years
umm anyone help me?i cant find the flash 128 on my vba when im using shiny gold..and i DID go to options,but there nvr say what flash what flash..and whenever i pressed start then game freeze. -sighed-

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2008
When i try to play shinygold the intro works fine but after "press start" , it says i don't have a 1m sub-circuit installed.
How do I install it and where do i get it?

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2009
To fix the problem with the "1m circuit board" when it apears on the emulator go to ((options-->joypad-->autofire-->A)) when that is done u will skip the 1m circuit board and the when the game is working go to that again to disable autofire, Hope This Helps :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back