• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Opal

Would you like to be a Pokemon Designer or Spriter for Pokemon Opal?

• Designer, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 53 24.8%
  • Spriter, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 31 14.5%
  • Both! (Contact me)

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • Nope!

Votes: 116 54.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
hey nyu, i'm a fan of pokemon opal. i'm not signing up to be a spriter or anything because i'm working on my own game but, i just thought i'd do this. i remade mimibud and made it more like the picture:P i'm new and because of the stupid 15 post rule i cant post images, so go to photobucket and look at flameking_2010's pictures and there you will find mimibud

That's an OK sprite, thank you, but I will not be using it for the game(the one in the screenshot is old, the new one is in the new banner) i'm sorry.

I nvr been here much o.o
woah i love the bug pokemon,, they look so awesome :D
the sharks.. uh. ok?

sorry you don't like 'em. D: but thanks for your comment!

it definately because of the graphics it's not because you game isn't good. its just that your competing with games with more graphical content and lots of snazzy features. so don't lose heart and keep plugging away at your project for your fans sake. i know i one of them. ;)

Someone please tell me how to make it look so "shnazzy" XD i know enough CSS but i have no idea how to use such things in boards.. hmm.. i'll have to google it soon.
apparently everyone only cares about the graphics, not if the game is good or not.
those are old screenshots.. -.-' i'm gonna have to upload new ones, too.. i'm sooo dumb.

Thanks for all the comments~

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
mimibud

oh ok then. but i have a question your using rmxp right? well in what size are you making your sprites? it seems like only me and the guy who is making pokemon urainium are doing what your supposed too. draw it in 64x64 and then resize it too 128x128. one more thing since i am making a game too, how do you start new threads?

flamemaster

Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
I get what you mean now. Sorry to deny so many things like that.
The reason I think Mimibud may look "too detailed" is because of my view of my own style. Mimibud came into my head without much, and that's how it appeared. I can't think of Mimibud with more details - I'm not sure why.. Right now I'm just thinking of it with spines around it's neck - the view of that - it doesn't seem to be in my range of style. I'm sorry to sound stubborn.
Though I really agree that many of my Pokémon are just.. plain.. For some reason, I can't get out of that weird habit! :/

thats strange kistu, cause when i make a fakemon usually they are too detailed when i start out. its weird

hey people is this thread dead?:'( naw its probably just because i'm so bored right now cause my school got closed until further notice for some reason XD. anyways i'm so bored please someone answer me.

Last edited:

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
oh ok then. but i have a question your using rmxp right? well in what size are you making your sprites? it seems like only me and the guy who is making pokemon urainium are doing what your supposed too. draw it in 64x64 and then resize it too 128x128. one more thing since i am making a game too, how do you start new threads?

I don't know what you're talking about.. because ours are made at 64x64 and then resized to 128x128. :/
New threads are made by clicking the "new thread" button at the top of the page of the category you want your thread to be in. 0_0'

thats strange kistu, cause when i make a fakemon usually they are too detailed when i start out. its weird

hey people is this thread dead?:'( naw its probably just because i'm so bored right now cause my school got closed until further notice for some reason XD. anyways i'm so bored please someone answer me.

Too detailed fakemon are those overdone ones that the creator usually thinks is so cool most of the time. don't do it. remove if it's too much. i have a hard time adding more, tho. XD
It's not dead. I replied to you in like, less than a day. 0_0'
thanks you for all your posts and comments.

flamemaster

Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
oh sorry it just didnt look like you were making them in 64x64. sorry for the thread question but i'm new too thread sites and i didn't know how too post threads. yeah i have a problem changing my too detailed pokemon, but eventually i can get it so its not too detailed. yeah i know you replied too me in less than that, its just cause i was terribly bored.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
oh sorry it just didnt look like you were making them in 64x64. sorry for the thread question but i'm new too thread sites and i didn't know how too post threads. yeah i have a problem changing my too detailed pokemon, but eventually i can get it so its not too detailed. yeah i know you replied too me in less than that, its just cause i was terribly bored.

That's ok.
Here are some new sprites. It's the final evolution of the first starter(which I need to redraw, because its current sugi is horrible)

Spoiler:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
That's ok.
Here are some new sprites. It's the final evolution of the first starter(which I need to redraw, because its current sugi is horrible)

Spoiler:

I have to say that it seems a little too simplistic. I know that's kind of your thing, but this looks more like an uninspired second stage, than the final stage. Most final stages have a lot more detail than previous ones, and look more intimidating.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
nice pillow shade its a bit out of shape though.

now i need to re-learn my pixel art vocab.. D: I forgot what pillow shading was! >_<' Thank you for your crits, though.

I have to say that it seems a little too simplistic. I know that's kind of your thing, but this looks more like an uninspired second stage, than the final stage. Most final stages have a lot more detail than previous ones, and look more intimidating.

I know. I made it a long time ago, I wasn't think as creative as I sorta do now. D: Like I said, I'm re-doing the first stage, I want to add a little more, so therefore I'll have to redo the others. In fact, I'm redoing all of them.. I have to redo the Concepts because the others are so old and look extremely novice. Mimibud is already done, however.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Mini - UPDATE

Our great mapper/OW maker, Freak A has made an awesome OW for us! It's attached. I'll probably edit some of the outlines, though! ^^ That's a big step towards the demo!

We still have some sprites to do and some more programming for a better menu, and also some event scripting for special opportunities in certain towns!

Feel free to leave critique, questions, and comments!

EDIT:
New support banner!

Last edited:

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
ohhh i love the new banner and i love the fakemon concepts! this is looking good :)

thanks! ^^

I'm writing a new song for the town/city after the gym one. ^^ ..most likely XD
EDIT: MUSIC TRACK DONE! LISTEN HERE.
Please click "Open" NOT save.
I promise you that my music is virus-free. <_<

Last edited:

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
hey guys..
we have made alot of progress on the sprites and I didn't even notice! XD
I just did this one:

048.png

I believe we only have 8 more to finish (backs, and fronts, excluding the back of this one)...

The DEMO SPRITES ARE 80% DONE.. after that, I'll need to figure out why the tilesets are being wierd. And get the new DUAL SCREEN AND DP BATTLE SYSTEM*(that's right! XD) ready!
Because it's messed a lot of stuff.
*credit goes to carmaniac for scripting and cng for letting us use it!(sorry, but we aren't giving away the script)

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
looking pretty good so far. can't wait for that demo! Is it me or does that pup look kinda like Ookami? I'm sure it's just coincidence

n0rul3s

Exploring Unova....
Years
Need some help?? I can be a spriter. I make the sprites of
Gurolt
Guthun
Gupano
As a proof of my work

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
Maybe you should use a few real Pokemon and add evolutions, for example eevee with a bug-type evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back