• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suskel has joined the forums!

Suskel

Absolute Zero
Years
Hello, and thank you for having me on this forum! I am extremely excited, and look forward to participating!

A bit about myself, I'm a 14 year old boy who has been around the internet for FIVE years. Young, I know. I wish I wasn't exposed, and I wish I didn't grow to be a PC gamer, but what can you do?

As of today, I play Dark Souls, Minecraft, and Team Fortress 2.
I cut down on my gaming ever since 8th grade, and finally got a social life!

On the topic of Pokemon, these games were my childhood. I recall clearing Pokemon games: Yellow, Crystal, Gold, Leaf Green, Fire Red, Pearl, Platinum, Rangers (the one centering around Darkrai), and Black!
I will be receiving Black 2 soon enough and plan to give X/Y a shot.

I watch anime, but will not name them here. Just like videogames, I cut down dramatically on anime, but do plan to begin to watch the anime!

My favorite Pokemon is Glaceon. Uhh... I like adorable pokemon.
I found Glaceon to be adorable, and absolutely love ice type pokemon.
I decided that Glaceon is my primary partner, and I will find her on every Pokemon game playthrough I can. Something told me that Glaceon was going to be my partner, and it is my partner indeed.

It will be a female, and named "Zero", referencing absolute zero, when all molecules completely cease-- the coldest of all temperatures.

My other favorite pokemon are Snivy and Pichu for various reasons.

I guess I've spoken a little too much.
I get carried away, and love talking.
I love making friends, so feel free to be my friend and have a chat with me!
Forgive me for my long self intro, and have a nice day!
~Suskel
(Posted from my phone)

Years
Welcome to pc! I think you'll fit in just fine~ ice pokemon are great, & glaceon is exceptionally cute!

Talking is one of the best things about a forum, so don't be shy! I look forward to hearing from you more!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hi there Suskel! Welcome to PC! You seem really friendly. :) Yeah I started using the internet around 8 years old and now I'm 20! Though I only really was using it to play games and look for Pokemon stuff. It wasn't till I was about 14 when I got more serious on the internet and joined forums like Gaiaonline and Grab though. Still can't believe how long the Internet's been around though and how long I have been on it.

You're an long time fan too huh? I've been playing Pokemon since Red version which was my game , but I've been a fan since the anime aired in America in 1998. I have cleared Red, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, Diamond, HeartGold, and White. As for main series games I'm currently working on Black 2, White 2, Sapphire , and Platinum. (I wasn't able to get Sapphire and Platinum upon release since I didn't have the system required for them.) I have yet to clear any spin-offs, but I'm in the middle of two of the Mystery Dungeon games and the first Ranger. Though I love all Pokemon games and all the generation Gamefreak has created and can't wait for X and Y! Of course since this is a Pokemon forum, there's many forums for Pokemon gaming and discussion. Glaceon is an awesome Pokemon and while Umbreon's my favorite Eeveelution , I think Glaceon's pretty cute too!

I'm an anime fan too! I love the Pokemon anime along with many others like Soul Eater, Bakuman (not to be confused with Bakugan) , Death Note, Lucky Star, etc. We have topics on anime in General Entertainment and you can definitely find some discussions on PC gaming in the Video Games forum. Plus if you like to talk we have forums here for general discussion, namely the DCC or Daily Chit Chat. Feel free to talk to any of the moderators in bold if you have any questions. Hope I can see you around, okay? Have fun!

Suskel

Absolute Zero
Years
Thanks for the warm welcomes!
To be honest, I had two questions.

1. Is there a place in the forums I could ask for help on building a Pokemon team for a specific game?
(For this question, I tried looking but found nothing. I am HORRIBLE at looking for stuff. I've found places I suspect my topic would fit in, but I don't want to take a chance.)

2. Where should I begin on the forums? I'm actually very excited to participate in the forums, but can't decide where to start first to leave an impression. I prefer posting in the more lively parts of a forum before going into a more quiet part of a community.

EDIT: I've stumbled upon the team help section. My first question has been solved.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
Hey there Suskel! I'm happy to see you so enthusiastic here at PC. :) I must say, five years is quite a long time for a fourteen year old. But then when I think about it, I've been around the internet for probably seven or so years! It's really jarring to think that nearly a third of both of our lives has been exposed to the internet. I sometimes wish it didn't go like this, too, but there are things that I do not regret doing since I've been in the Internet (particularly here at PC), so I really don't mind. I'm sure you've had quite a lot of experiences around the Internet, but I hope you gain much more when you stay active here.

I only know the latter two of the three games you mentioned, but I know that those two games are great and addicting enough, and that a lot of people like those games for good reasons. I'm a fan of Minecraft in particular even though I've never played it for more than an hour, just because I see all these people at YouTube posting videos of them screwing around the in-game world, and I certainly thought it looked fun.

Haha. I'm sure you've had a social life even before you cut down on your gaming without you realizing it, because I thought like that, too. Nevertheless, I'm really just glad that you're enjoying talking to people and being more social in real life now.

And whoa! We cleared the same games from the main franchise! That is, apart from Leaf Green, Pearl and Black (went with the opposite versions), plus I played HeartGold, Ruby and Emerald too. I highly recommend that you play those last three I mentioned if you can. R/S/E is a good generation, and HeartGold just brings you back with lovely nostalgia. I'm also glad that you're getting Black 2 soon! And X/Y, of course. We have incredibly active sections for those two, so I believe you'll have more reason to keep coming back to PC. ;)

I'm still a huge fan of anime even as a college student, even though my list only narrows down to two separate shows that I watch weekly. So I'd be happy for you if you get back into anime after getting your priorities straight, really. If you mean you'll watch the Pokémon anime though? I think it'll be worth it, despite not being an avid watcher as of late either. Charizard came back and N has this whole plot going on so I'd imagine it would be fun to watch.

Glaceon, Snivy and Pichu are great picks. I'm a fan of Glaceon too. Not as much as Jolteon or Espeon, but the snowy fox is still pretty high on the list. Don't worry about speaking too much though! I can read a couple of tl;dr's now and then, and yours hits a good balance. It's a great intro, all in all. I really hope to see more of you, Suskel. Stay active! Message a mod if you need any help, and have a blast. ;D

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
To be honest, I had two questions.

1. Is there a place in the forums I could ask for help on building a Pokemon team for a specific game?
(For this question, I tried looking but found nothing. I am HORRIBLE at looking for stuff. I've found places I suspect my topic would fit in, but I don't want to take a chance.)

2. Where should I begin on the forums? I'm actually very excited to participate in the forums, but can't decide where to start first to leave an impression. I prefer posting in the more lively parts of a forum before going into a more quiet part of a community.

EDIT: I've stumbled upon the team help section. My first question has been solved.
This thread you made is already a good start if you ask me, as well as the Hangout for new users and the usual chit-chat threads around the forum. Those threads, as well as a couple of helpful ones, can be found right here. As for my personal favorite place that I think everyone should start out with, I'd say PC's battle server or the IRC would be a good place to meet people and make friends (the former is now easily accessible under More Links > Battle Server > Join Battle Server anytime you're viewing PC). I frequent the battle server, and it's a pretty chill place. You don't even have to be good at battling to enjoy it there. Of course, the two servers are outside of PC, but the regulars there go here anyway! XD;

If you'd like a more general experience, then posting around in a Pokémon thread or a different thread with an interesting topic would be just as nice, and it'll probably get you more noticed in the forum as a whole, especially if you contribute tons. If you see people whom you'd like to get to know more, you can click on their profile and send a visitor message! It's a good way to make friends and leave an impression.

Back