• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

cspmoneymaker

I haven't check the forum for 3 months,how far does this hack go now ? I LOVE IT !!! :nervous:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Awesome hack. I love all the fake pokemon. They're really well done. I had a chirpich which is now a Touclipse, but I was wondering if it evolves again. I'm not asking when it'll evolve again, I just wanna know if it will evolve again lol.

Touclipse is the final evolution of Chirpich. :)
So no, it won't evolve anymore. :P

Hi JG :D Doubt you remember me.

Oh hai thar Xanza! :3
Why would I forget? I added you in Friendster if you can still remember. :P

I haven't check the forum for 3 months,how far does this hack go now ? I LOVE IT !!! :nervous:

Up to the 5th badge x 2...
You'll understand what I meant by times 2 when you go further in the game. :P

Great, we all knew that water can save this hack :)
I hope Djg will soon bring some updates :)

No updates yet though.
Busy with school. =/

This means we might have more updates! Isn't that great!?

As I said above, no updates yet since school is making me busier than ever! >.<

Hi there, i'm new and i just checked this hack... it looks AWSOME
great work DJG

Thanks~

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Wait, so that scene with Angellean's guardian isn't the end of the beta?

um... yes... :\
You didn't know? Anyways, you can download the guide tool(on the first post) to guide you in the game to make further progress after the point where you stopped. ;)

note: this is the last post of this page... so anyone who're gonna comment next's the first post on the next page. :P

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
um... yes... :\
You didn't know? Anyways, you can download the guide tool(on the first post) to guide you in the game to make further progress after the point where you stopped. ;)

note: this is the last post of this page... so anyone who're gonna comment next's the first post on the next page. :P
0_o
YES!!
Awesome! I was hoping there was more to it.

Years
I feel like starting to play this hack but I wanna ask are you gonna make any changes to the storyline before this?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
0_o
YES!!
Awesome! I was hoping there was more to it.

eheh... :P

I feel like starting to play this hack but I wanna ask are you gonna make any changes to the storyline before this?

I don't think I'll be adding more new events on early stages of the story. I'll continue the story on the part where I ended. :)
Although I don't think I can make some new progress any time soon, though.

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
I actually hated the scene where poor Angellean became frozen solid because of those Dark Organization guys... I also didn't like the ice thingee on Angellean, it didn't suit the sprite...

and about my OW sprite DJG, could you just find an OW sprite that fit's my battle sprite?

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Okay, one last gameplay question:
I know that Janice gives me HM 02 after I beat her for the third time. Question is, what do I have to do to be able to battle her a third time?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Okay, one last gameplay question:
I know that Janice gives me HM 02 after I beat her for the third time. Question is, what do I have to do to be able to battle her a third time?
You have to get your badges compromised by Team Earth in the city east of Boulder City. You can't use Fly outside of battle in the current beta, though.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
You have to get your badges compromised by Team Earth in the city east of Boulder City. You can't use Fly outside of battle in the current beta, though.
Thanks, sorry for bugging everyone with this before I'd really looked into it...
Oops, another question :\
Where's the daycare center in this hack?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2012
Hey
DJG
Something wierd is going on when i download Pokeyplay pokemon ruby. When i try to play it as ruby, it kind of warps into my last save file in RoL. Then if i add the Log ips patch, the same thing happens. So i rename it, and it tells me to start all over again. Any tips?

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Hey
DJG
Something wierd is going on when i download Pokeyplay pokemon ruby. When i try to play it as ruby, it kind of warps into my last save file in RoL. Then if i add the Log ips patch, the same thing happens. So i rename it, and it tells me to start all over again. Any tips?
Well, first, never use the same ROM for two different purposes. If you patch it with the LoG ips file, keep a backup ruby to play the normal storyline.
Now, with regards to your save file, the problem you're having is that when you select the "save" option on the in-game menu, VBA saves that to a special file for that particular ROM. No matter the patch, it will always save to that file. So what you need to do is use the VBA toolbar to make savestates, select File>Save and create saves outside of the normal game menu, then you'll be able to load your games properly. If you weren't doing this to your Ruby game though, I'm afraid your save is gone...

Just a note on my own question, I haven't been able to find a daycare and thus can't get Skarmiger :(
Is there an alternate way to obtain him, like say, some location where he can be caught in the wild?

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
I dont know why I have never posted in this thread..
I love the Idea.. But for some reason, it bothers me when a hack uses pallete edits of Fire red Tiles instead of inserting a whole fresh new lovely tileset..
Anyway.. Apart from that It is one of the best hacks of this time, and it deserves the HOTM award it got..

I love the scripts and maps... But I just dont like the tiles, everything else is Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back