• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friendship is Magic ~ The My Little Pony Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Have you guys heard about MLP getting a manga adaption? They've released a 3-page preview of what to expect: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/08/japanese-pony-manga-is-ridiculously-cute.html

I must say, they're a lot better than those short comics in the U.S., where they used mostly stock vectors for the characters.

I was just about this post about this! I am really excited because I absolutely love manga. I am definitely going to read it. And I personally like the US comics but the manga probably will be better.

Also, they are going to show Equestria Girls on TV September 1st on the Hub.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Good to know that Equestria Girls will be shown on television. It'll give more people a chance to watch it.

The manga has a ridiculously cute art style. Can't wait to see more.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I was just about this post about this! I am really excited because I absolutely love manga. I am definitely going to read it. And I personally like the US comics but the manga probably will be better.

Also, they are going to show Equestria Girls on TV September 1st on the Hub.
I wasn't talking about the Dark Horse comics; I was talking about those old comics that were made before the Dark Horse comics.

You mean the movie or the show?

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Username: kuzronk
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: Fluttershy. Rarity is my 2nd favorite or pinkie pie.
Additional Information : I love how sweet and kind she is. I got into mlp due to episode 1 being free on itunes and due to me kinda liking my little pony tales.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
You mean the movie or the show?
I thought Equestria Girls was only a movie and wasn't going to turn into a full-fledged show. Checking the MLP Wiki, it says that the movie will be shown on the Hub on September 1st, and nothing at all about a show.

Welcome to the herd, kuzronk! I'll add you to the list.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I thought Equestria Girls was only a movie and wasn't going to turn into a full-fledged show. Checking the MLP Wiki, it says that the movie will be shown on the Hub on September 1st, and nothing at all about a show.

Welcome to the herd, kuzronk! I'll add you to the list.

Well I heard EQG was going to be made into a spin-off show back in EQD before the movie's release in theaters.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

I believe the Hub will just air the movie in television for those who are unable to watch the movie in theaters. That, or for those who don't have it on Dvd and/or for those who wanted to watch it again. :3

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
That was my assumption about what the Hub was doing. I was just clarifying what Pinkie-Dawn was asking when he wanted to know if it was the Equestria Girls movie or show. Like him, I had heard a small rumor that there was going to be a show of Equestria Girls in addition to the movie, but haven't heard anything about that in months. I thought maybe there was more to the rumor that I had missed in the length of time where I looked up absolutely zero pony news.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
As far as I know, they're just going to show the movie and that's it. I have not heard anything about EQG to be turned into a spin-off series and they're just gonna stick production of season 4 of MLP.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Has anyone seen all the rave about bat ponies? They've only made one brief appearance in the Nightmare Night episode, and almost a year later, a lot of fanart is being made about them. What do the writers think about this craze?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hey Astinus, you gotta change your blue name in the first post ;)

Username:
Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Your Favorite Pony of the Mane 6: mane hahahaha. Um, AppleJack I guess. But also Rainbow Dash. But mostly Apple Jack.
Additional Information: Apple Jack is the best pony because she's just lovely honest and funny. Also, her brother is awesome. I don't watch the series much at all these days, but I figured that if I join I might be tempted to watch more haha.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I've been lazy.

Welcome to the club! Applejack is a wonderful pony, and I'm not surprised by your choice given the references you made to Big Mac.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Haha, I can imagine you've got a lot of other things to take care of these days ;)

Umm, for some topics.

Has anyone seen all the rave about bat ponies?
Nope :] But then again, I haven't watched that far.

Have you guys heard about MLP getting a manga adaption?
I think so much of MLP:FIM would get lost in written or comics form! Part of its charm is the animation and voices, not to mention the songs and music.

Good to know that Equestria Girls will be shown on television. It'll give more people a chance to watch it.
What is that? :3 I can probably look it up myself though, so you don't have to bother with an answer if you don't feel like it, haha.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Equestria Girls is a movie that takes place between season 3 and season 4, where the ponies are turned into humans (and Spike into a puppy!) It's not as bad as it sounds, so I would say check it out if you're interested, but only after you finish watching season 3. The movie kind of starts off with a spoiler about that season's finale.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Oops, too late, I just watched glimpses of it on youtube. Since when Twilight Sparkle have wings?? Nevermind, don't tell me haha. I'll just make sure to watch the series and get up to speed.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
I seen equestia girls and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
She gets wings in the last episode of season 3(I hope that wasn't too spoliery).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I finally got to watch EQG on the Hub today. It turned out much better than I expected it to be. Not a lot of high school-themed clichés were present in this film, and once again, Pinkie Pie is still at her best even in human form.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Equestria Girls is already on DVD. I saw it at Walmart. I still need to watch it though.

So I totally went on a My Little Pony shopping spree. I got the Rainbow Dash Cherry Splash Fizzy Drink, which was really good tasting. I got three MLP notebooks, each with a different pony on it. I got MLP band aids (they finally made them!) and I also bought a really cute Fluttershy doll <3

Houndour2005

Banned
Years
Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy 16t "@GDFromow: I beg you, tell me, will we have moving moments with little Spike? Because I like it when he touches my heart." Yes!

Meghan McCarthy ‏@MMeghanMcCarthy 6. sep Loving the places we're taking Rainbow Dash's character in #MLPSeason4 so many feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back