• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nameless Sprite Editor 2.X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquamentis

Touhoumon Master
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 22, 2016
At first I was a little nervous about using this since I am changing up all the sprites from RS trainers for my FireRed Rom. But this seems to hold up all the unlz.gba tools that I need for it and makes the entire thing a little easier to find. It's even better that I don't have to constantly check in A-Trainer to make sure that the sprites will look correctly.

Thank you very much!

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2022
Hello, could you, please, mirror your tool?(as in "upload it somewhere else")
Because I tried the link, but the site won't load at all, so I can't download it.
I've also tried to download your tool elsewhere, but those don't have the "Trainer Sprites" option and I desperately want to change at least one trainer sprite T_T I've also tried using Unlz.GBA, but no luck at all.
EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out that it was actually a plugin...

Last edited:

link12552

decade club
Years
I should mention that NSE has been completely moved to Codeplex. All updates from now on will point to the Codeplex downloads page.

I've been very busy but I'll try to get some work on NSE done.
For one, I've been meaning to implement a "Recycle Bin" feature that would:
- Graphically show data that has been pointed-away-from
- Allow you to restore old data with automatic pointer fixing
- Give the ability to remove certain items from the recycle bin, erasing them from the ROM

Then I also wanted to update the importer, allowing the importing/indexing of non-indexed or more-than-16-color images (similar to ifran view)
While I was at it I was going to create the ability to import from a "region" of an image, thus allowing you to easily use sprite sheets...

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated as I'm running out of steam for NSE...
- Feel free to fork the project or start a plugin :)

Dragonflye

Author of Pokémon Sovereign of the Skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
If you could make an ini file, I could make the program compatible for other language of Rome, but until now has only the Footprint editor to create a ini file. And I can not live programming. if that were possible and hope for a reply.

PS: Is it really an awesome program! It would be a shame if it could use all ...

Please excuse my Engisch.

Regards,
Dragonflye

chumon

The Chu Monster
Years
I have a question. I am having issues with the intro sprites. Your tutorial on editing them worked, but I'd rather not re draw what I've already done...is there a way to insert the intro sprites like the 16 color ones? Have I missed it already being explained? I don't know...so can you help me with that please? ^^ thanks.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
This doesn't support Emerald!
What the hell is it with people loving Ruby and Sapphire but hating Emerald?!
*Rolls Eyes*

Emerald came after Ruby and Sapphire, as well as Fire Red, so the information known about Fire Red/Ruby is about 1-2 years ahead of Emerald. Also, some hackers just prefer some games over others. That, and it's easier to focus your efforts on 1/2 of the 2 games released. It's more efficient.

And actually, it does support it (as it supports any GBA game). It just doesn't have any bookmarks for sprite data with it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
how do I animate characters and pokemon in fire red with this program ??

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2016
My ROM is crashing. It crashes before running anything.

Why am I saying this here?

I've narrowed the crash down to NSE (both classic and 2). I took a jpan Hack engine Firered ROM and started messing around with the OW sprites. I've gone as far as implementing the entire hero and heroine motions for moving, running, surfing, etc. without any problems. However, I try to change the plug-in small pointer and grabber (known as the "PC Hand" in NSE classic) and my ROM will not run. It crashes when i turn it on. I've even tried a clean (no jpan hack engine) ROM. Same result.

Is this a common bug or just me making a simple and easily corrected mistake? Any help on this subject would be most appreciated.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Problem, my palette saving window for editing trainers is cut-off, I have no idea how to save the palette

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
@required turtle
Get OWeditor rebirth editon from either HackMew's thread directly, or the Pokemon Game Editor by gamer2020, both great guys with great tools. If you don't want those, slightly higher on the 'toolbox' page there is a thread with NSE classic, which does have OW functionalities implemented :)

Just wanted to say that I love this tool, beautiful, clean interface and great functionality! In one word, amazing, and essential for every ROM hacker out there :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Item Sprite Editor Plugin v1.2
by Shiny Quagsire

Nothing new. Just a simple port of the old Item plugin with support for Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald.
[/QUOTE]

Is there ANY update for the item plugin for Emerald? I can't get it to work, and can't figure out the hex codes for items for the navigate to modify them. I'd love to do stuff such as switch the images of certain pokeballs. Like Make the masterball work as a masterball but using the sprite of the netball (my favorite ball look)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back